Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 11-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowie View Post
well, let's start then

I do have a Tekin R1 Pro, but it is actually mounted in my onroad Tamiya 416.
In my Predator I have a MambaMax and CC 5700KV motor actually, but I was already considering a switch.

Which motor would do great in the Pred ... for driving on large dust tracks, or on grass?
Would a 6.5 BL-motor be sufficient or suted?
for grass tracks, the 362 is definately the one to go for, the 448 is a little softer, so may not be aggressive enough on the grass.
Old 25-07-2010

The guy who sold me my tekin rs pro told me that he used it on 17.5R motor and stock soft. Im going to use it with a 6,5R motor. He told me that i have to flash a new software. Do i really have to do it or can i just factory reset it?

And, where i could get a rs pro case. My rs pro case has a rs letters.
If i would like to sell it.. well, you know it yourself
Old 26-07-2010

I updated my RS to the new 2.08 version. However I still run my 7.5t in my losi xxx. Where do I start with the timing/setup and how do I gear it? I see that Randy's running a 9.5t that's probably would be suitable. I run on a dirttrack that's quite slippery with a 20m straightway.

Now that it should run ever cooler, do you think it will work in my xx4. (it's not the PRO version)
Old 26-07-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

running the non-pro in 4wd is always risky with heat and loading.

Start with using Timing Profile C1 and set

Dual Mode
Timing - 80
leave the timing bandwidth the same

And set it as we always have.

You have the option then of setting C2 to a sensored only, try Randy's setup there.
Old 26-07-2010

208 is available via the Tekin website
CFR RCTV Channel
Glenn Atterton

BRCA 2005 1/10th Off-Road Veterans Champion
LMP12 National Champion 2003/2004 / F3 class
Old 27-07-2010

It sais that Randy runs it in dual mode, is that a missprint? Well, I'll take a trip to my track and find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
running the non-pro in 4wd is always risky with heat and loading.

Start with using Timing Profile C1 and set

Dual Mode
Timing - 80
leave the timing bandwidth the same

And set it as we always have.

You have the option then of setting C2 to a sensored only, try Randy's setup there.

Last edited by magnus; 27-07-2010 at 07:33 AM. Reason: think I got it now
Old 27-07-2010

Send a message via Yahoo to Randy p

No, not a misprint. IT's a super smooth setup that works most of the time. Try it and if you need more of something post up and we'll help you make the right adjustments.
Old 28-07-2010

Randy,

I have upgraded my RS Pro to 208 and the car drives well so far, but since the upgrade the speedo´s LEDs are blinking now and then, like when the signal is lost or you´ve reached full brake. Just for a second, then it blinks normally for a few seconds, then completely again, normally, completely and so on. I haven´t had that with 203. I recalibrated, reinstalled and even resetted, but nothing helped. Any ideas?

And are older versions, 203 in particular, still available? I wanted to downgrade to be sure the car would work, but it wasn´t available via the new Hotwire software, just 208.
Old 28-07-2010
Kev Lee oOple Advertiser

Is it all the lights blinking or just one? The speedo has always blinked since the first software release. It's the realtime temperature display. The more lights the hotter the speedo. When you switch it on from cold it should only have 1 light blinking every few seconds.

Hope that helps?
Old 28-07-2010

I think I have seen that issue you had had, and it doesn't cause a problem, mine cleared once I did some fiddling/playing on the hotwire.
Old 30-07-2010

No, it´s not the temperature indicator, but inbetween indicating temperature all LEDs lighting up at once.

I hope that it will just disappear, too, although I´ve already been fiddling around with the Hotwire quite a bit.

Do you know where to get older software like 203? Just in case the speedo won´t work properly with the new software. So far it´s fine, though.
Old 30-07-2010

I had a simialr issue with 203 and it cleared after another downgrade and upgrade. Put 208 on my speedo and also had the same issue, although it did clear after a few weeks by itself. Although i wouldnt worry too much as it didnt affect the operation of the speedo in anyway
Old 30-07-2010

If you click on the advanced tab you can scroll trough and choose different versions (including every firmware since release)

- Royal Racing Paint - <clicky>
Old 30-07-2010

Unless your running 208

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagofSkill View Post
If you click on the advanced tab you can scroll trough and choose different versions (including every firmware since release)
Old 30-07-2010
Kev Lee oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggy Driver View Post
No, it´s not the temperature indicator, but inbetween indicating temperature all LEDs lighting up at once.

I hope that it will just disappear, too, although I´ve already been fiddling around with the Hotwire quite a bit.

Do you know where to get older software like 203? Just in case the speedo won´t work properly with the new software. So far it´s fine, though.
If you do want to try the older software again i have it stored somewhere i'm sure. If you email us at sales@insidelineracing.co.uk i'll send it to you.

Cheers
Kev
Old 30-07-2010

Who da man...... Kev's da man...................

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideLineRacing View Post
If you do want to try the older software again i have it stored somewhere i'm sure. If you email us at sales@insidelineracing.co.uk i'll send it to you.

Cheers
Kev
Old 31-07-2010
Mad Member

Tekin - Randy Pike - are strongly advising NOT to go back to 203 on a speedo that has been flashed to 208. They say it can cause the speedo to mis-behave, and the only cure is to return it to Tekin. We have been warned!!
Old 31-07-2010

Send a message via Yahoo to Randy p

What I said was to not load 203 and 208 on the same computer. You can go back to 203 if you wanted to. The "issue" comes from making adjustments with the wrong hotwire.

208 Hotwire is NOT compatible with a 203 equipped esc, and visa versa.
Old 03-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggy Driver View Post
Randy,

I have upgraded my RS Pro to 208 and the car drives well so far, but since the upgrade the speedo´s LEDs are blinking now and then, like when the signal is lost or you´ve reached full brake. Just for a second, then it blinks normally for a few seconds, then completely again, normally, completely and so on. I haven´t had that with 203. I recalibrated, reinstalled and even resetted, but nothing helped. Any ideas?

And are older versions, 203 in particular, still available? I wanted to downgrade to be sure the car would work, but it wasn´t available via the new Hotwire software, just 208.
That is exactly the same problem as I'm having with the RX8 and the 208 firmware. When in neutral the LED are blinking: all - all - all - NW - all - all - all - NW and so on. When giving throttle or brake the flashing goes away, it does only appear when in neutral. Upgraded to firmware 208 from 198.
Old 03-08-2010
Mad Member

I have a couple of questions if anyone can help

Rs pro in ddrive mode, uses motor sensors fir the first few feet, then runs sensorless, so why doesn't the team drivers run 0deg timing on the motor for max torque, I think on Randys setups he mostly has the motor on 12 deg

With motor sensors having a bit if early read, what sensorless timing setting matches motor timing setting, is timing advance 50 on sensorless mode the same as sensored 15deg on motor or 0deg?

Hope this makes sense

Sam