Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals

Old 30-08-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Well done to all the guys at robin hood raceway (or if your welsh rubing head raceway) Awsome track awsome location. The 2wd was the best track ive ever raced on and loved every minute of it except for when i broke the car twice.

The rain at the end of today didnt really ruin it for me i loved it in the rain the car was good fun to drive. Broke it in my 2wd J finals and won my 4wd L final wwwwooo lol.

Only just got back now at 12:15 after some police camera action style police chance by ellesmere port.

Only thing that ruined it for me was when i was marshalling the C final for Craig Harris so he could get an early dart a driver crashed on the last lap just before the loop and in his impatians just as i grabbed the car by its front wishbones and turned it over the hit the throttle ripping a huge chunk out my nail. The end of my finger is still num.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 31-08-2009
Mad Member

Police chase in Ellesmere Port, that never happens Ash so stop lying!!!
Old 31-08-2009

Cheers for your help packing everything away Ash, really appreciated
Old 31-08-2009
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

RHR, well what can i say,has to be the best national may be even the best meeting that we have ever been to,track was fantastic,the work that everyone has put in is a real credit to you all,i have spent all last night and this morning trying to find some constructive criticism for you, but I'm having a real problem with that, well i was till i went to the toilet this morning then i remembered, i had to stand on my tip toes to pee, the urinals are to high sorry guys that all i could come up with,rhr have raised the bar so high lets see if it can be topped, again big thanks to the BRCA people for doing the job so well, as ever, and the York and rhr crew BIG UP you guys whoop whoop,

PS a huge well done to,ickle BEN,super Dan, and farmer Ralf, good job guys,
Old 31-08-2009
Mad Member

I think that was probably my favourite meeting of the year. The marquee was such a good idea (and saved us from putting a tent up), i really appreciated that!

Great work guys!!

ps - gotta say two things.....

"Chicken and chips here"

"Do you like chicken?"

...cue Jonesy
Old 31-08-2009

Send a message via MSN to Mossy

Quality night in the curry house lol
Old 31-08-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopite View Post
I think that was probably my favourite meeting of the year. The marquee was such a good idea (and saved us from putting a tent up), i really appreciated that!

Great work guys!!

ps - gotta say two things.....

"Chicken and chips here"

"Do you like chicken?"

...cue Jonesy

Chicken and Chips in a curry house, what a LOSER!!

Quote:
Big Robbo "Do you like Chicken"
Boggy "Yes, Why?"
Big Robbo "Suck this, it's Foul"

That has got to be the comedy moment of the year for me, I'm still chuckling to myself 36 hours later!! Pure class!
Old 31-08-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to blitzboy

well what to say ,,,, top meeting for the finish of the year well done robin hood guys the tracks were awesome and the facilities well great the big tent even though i did nt pit in it was such a good idea , well done tom, phil, kev lee, dan and the man himself Mr ellis (captain)stafford for the 2 wd wins guys Xfactory all the way wow tom was on fire

got to say a big thanks to niggs for a fun packed weekend and also to the team extreme bunch for a fun weekend roll on next year ,, can t wait hope rhr get a national again it was awesome dispite the rain for the finals yesterday weather was good ,,thanks g

http://www.customblitz.co.uk
Email:graham@customblitz.co.uk

Old 31-08-2009
Mad Member

Quality track. Great meeting. Loved the Bombhole for 4WD but had to laugh when the Ref warned us that there was a marshall with a car in the Bombhole. His accent made it sound slightly different! That must have hurt!
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 31-08-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

agree with all the comments. Awesome venue and tracks, possibly the best ive been to. Thanks to all that have contributed to the national series, thoroughly enjoyed all of them on my return to racing although a bit frustrating to have narrowly missed out getting F1 roll on next year
Old 31-08-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to matdodd

Just want to say good job to all involved with the club the track was awesome & the marquee was a great idea

Well done to Tom & E on there wins in 2wd & Neil in 4wd
Roll on next season
Old 31-08-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Again to say what has been said, Great Job!!!! You guys "GOT IT DONE!!!!
A huge effort and it showed, top venue and top event!!!!!

Oh and get a box for Carl to stand on

I am 100% sure you guys will get a National next year!!!!

Congrats to all the big guns,Tom C, you were top class!!!!!!!!! Young Ben, dude nice one!!! ooh argh, good job!!!! Big E, you the man!!!!!! Neil, quality!!!!
And a special mention for Grant, dude, innit bruv, you are a star!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great driving!!!!

And a huge thanks to the BRCA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Without you we would just be a bunch of nutters in a field!!!!!

And thanks to all the people at the Nationals this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best year yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps. Kev, it wasnt me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by David Church; 31-08-2009 at 09:07 PM. Reason: forgot somfin
Old 01-09-2009
Woop Woop Member

probably the worst weekends racing i have ever done. having said that the venue and track were top notch. awsome weekend dispite my troubles, am looking forward to next year there

woop woop racing officialy keeping team toe out inline
Old 01-09-2009
Super Moderator

Thanks to all for the nice comments, it is much appreciated guys.

RHR has literally taken over my life for nearly the last 10 months (at the expense of the family at times ), but just to see it being used and enjoyed has made it all worthwhile

I must thank once again everyone who has been down to help (i'm not gonna name names, i'll only miss someone), without you guys it would not be finished - i'm actually quite crap at grafting, I'm the ideas man You guys know who you are ans are all heros.

Also big thanks to James (Ralph ) for letting us do it, oh and eventually trusting my judgement and ideas on stuff.

A lot of work has gone into the track - Jimmy has pictures of what we started with. It's mad to look back now on what it was.

If anyone has any more comments, we (the RHR team) would like to hear them - good or bad. If you don't want to post them on here, talk to us when you see us or pm any one of us. We want to develop and improve the entire site to make it even better, and your feedback will help us.

And finally thanks to everyone who has come to the few meetings we've managed to get in this year, we'll try and get it in use a bit more often from now on for those that would like to use it. Without you guys we'd have just spent a lot of time astroturfing one of Ralph's fields!

Thanks again.

G
Old 01-09-2009

Nice words on behalf of RHR G.

For my part you and the team have constructed a venue far superior to the previous "Worksop" track.

An all weather venue that could perhaps host an International event in future?
Old 01-09-2009
BANNED

I said a few times at the weekend that I beleive it's as good as any, if not the best, venue in the UK.

It's got it all, from being close to the A1 to having urinals too high for Lion-O to piss in - and all the other stuff in between.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 01-09-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

It even has the ability to make you go blind, in one eye at least
Old 02-09-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

So are you guys saying it has magical powers???? Kinda like the old days, you know stories like robin fron the rich and stuff???? I wanted to see friar tuck and his merry men!!!!

COOL!!!
Old 02-09-2009
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

i could here one or two merry men at 2am or so lol
Old 03-09-2009
Administrator

lil race report here: http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/2009national-robinhood/index.html