Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround > REAL 1:1 Cars

Old 07-03-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post
Rumours are for it to be £2 per litre by mid-Summer. And for it to be double this if the Libyan problems continue.

I don't know about you guys, but I'll be peddling to work - 20mile round trip.
i saw that on the news the otherday put it this way if it does happen there will be more people wizzing in there tanks at side of the road hoping it will work.

if it does happen and lasts a while too i think the roads will be abit quiet i know we cant afford to run are car as it is now we used to get 300miles for £40 last year now we get 200miles for £40 which isnt good when your on a crap income with kids.
Old 07-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

me and the mrs take turns in filling the car up since we car share to work.

I tend to fill up, she tends to put £20/25 in 3 times.

The last time I filled up I was shocked to put £70 in. This morning I hit £70 and it still hadn't clicked off

I have 20 miles to work each way. I think it's time to leave 5 mins earlier and don't go over 50mph now
Old 07-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

If it does go up to £2 then think about everything else going up with it. Food will cost more to cover transport costs. Virtually anything that has to be sent by road anywhere will have to increase in price then you can bet your teeth the prices wont come down again when the troubles are over. As I said the goverment tax of £3.83 a gallon has to come down.
re cycling to work For the unfit ebay have this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-CYCLAMATIC...item43a4201445

would pay for itself in months the way petrol prices are going
Old 07-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

One of those electric G-Wizz cars look tempting!
Old 07-03-2011
SHRCCC Legend

Our Discovery 3 takes £110 to fill up and my 330 takes £75
Old 07-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

If the cost keeps going up the only miles I can cut back are leasure, that will be me pulling my entry for rallyx nats then, just no point in spending £100+ (nissan navara) in fuel just to run in the 50's on a good day

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 07-03-2011

I don't know how you guys stand it..

I made a choice quite a while ago to get a Smart Fourtwo. OK. so I don't have any kids, which would obviously make this car a non-starter for most people. It costs me £35 to fill up, £35 a year to tax, insurance is laughable and I get an average of 450 miles to a tank.

It's had a few mods done, so its very quick up to 95mph, which is when the traction control kicks in.

Honestly though, I get the P*** ripped out of me by everyone I know, until I tell them what it costs me. Oh, and its the lowest depreciating car on the market right now.

Part of me would love to change to a more normal car, but thats my ego talking. My brain tells me to swallow my pride and continue to do the 'Smart' thing . If petrol prices keep going up, I think this type of car will become 'normal' for a lot of people!
http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayIS...ab=AllFeedback
Old 07-03-2011

Send a message via MSN to colmo Send a message via Skype™ to colmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by footey View Post
in hull my garage is 133.9 petrol
138.9 deisel

and no its not a litlle village garage
That's the going rate for most of N. Ireland.

I'll probably start nipping over the border again to save 15-20p per litre.

Photos:
Oople Invernational 2010 - Sodden Sunday
Muchmore N. Irish GP 2010 (Touring cars)
BADMCC 1/8th Nitro buggies

Current cars:
X6^2 | JC BJ4WE | TM E4 & E4JS | HPI E-Firestorm | Losi Crawler | + many F1s, super crawlers, scalers, drifters in the works...
Old 07-03-2011

Just seen 140.9 at a local garage, 135.9 at Morrison at Hinckley 132.9 at Morrisons Coventry, isnt it about time we had a national price so we know we pay the same wherever in the country and stop some garages charging over the odds for fuel.
Old 07-03-2011

Last week, I saw a garage in Kimbolton advertising diesel at £143.9.
I've recently had my wifes car Ford Fusion 1.6tdci remapped and the average fuel has gone up by 8mpg. Luckily the remap was cheap and should pay for itself fairly quickly.

I was in Southern Ireland last week and they are paying 1.33 euro for a gallon of diesel, petrol is more expensive over there?
Old 07-03-2011

I ditched the car and got out the old MTB when the VAT went up. Chuffin' cold but doesn't cost a penny to get to work.

It doesn't need de-icing either!!

Lucky I only work a few miles away though. Wouldn't want to go more than 10 one way.
Old 07-03-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodgit View Post
If it does go up to £2 then think about everything else going up with it. Food will cost more to cover transport costs. Virtually anything that has to be sent by road anywhere will have to increase in price then you can bet your teeth the prices wont come down again when the troubles are over. As I said the goverment tax of £3.83 a gallon has to come down.
re cycling to work For the unfit ebay have this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-CYCLAMATIC...item43a4201445

would pay for itself in months the way petrol prices are going
for the price of that bike you could buy a bike from halfords for £100 n spend the rest on a 18th scale brushless kit and some lipos make a mounting for the motor to the from and drive the rear wheel from the motor using the chain hay presto 9 speed brushless push rod be at work in 5 mins!
Old 09-03-2011

Run a 350 transit, putting in £350.00 a week. if I run late a few mornings this can go up to£400.00!!!
Old 09-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch!3f View Post
for the price of that bike you could buy a bike from halfords for £100 n spend the rest on a 18th scale brushless kit and some lipos make a mounting for the motor to the from and drive the rear wheel from the motor using the chain hay presto 9 speed brushless push rod be at work in 5 mins!
I tell thee guys... these electirc bikes are pretty good if you wanna commute a reasonable distance.... i work in a bike shop and believe me i hate the idea of them and the look of them but i had a go on one of the power assist ones the other day and they are awesome... feels like you have bionic legs...

its a good idea ch!3f but if you spend 100 pounds on a bike from halfords and commute on it, even if your using an 18th brushless kit for power youll be spending another 100 pounds next month for a new bike....had one in the shop.... cant believe the cruddy build quality....
Old 09-03-2011

and yes... fuel... crazy.... im moving to canada currently and its 122.9 cad dollars per litre there atm and people are going crazy....(78 p per liter !!!!!!!!!)

Im going to get a big V8 while i still can!!!!!
Old 10-03-2011

recntly changed car from a vectra 2.9gsi to an espace 1.9 dci due to birth of second baby and lack of space to carry 2 child seats and 1 teen but I am noticing the running costs have dropped even though the espace is a big bus still does a reasonable 40mpg compared to 23 in the vectra plus come the nationals will be able to get the three of us that go togeather with alot less trouble lol

mind saying that cost £100 to fill it up yesterday and the guage said it still had 200 mile plus range left lol

something will have to be done regarding racing mileage rallycross had a choice at the agm to change to 4 2 day meetings as apposed to the normal 7 1 day and 1 2 day meetings . it did not get through going to bite them in the arse that one
JQ THE E CAR (on order)
futaba 3vcs
Old 10-03-2011

In the middle of January it cost £82 to fill my Audi A4 Tdi 130 up; and I think diesel was 127.9p a litre which was absurd in itself.

Last weekend I drove past a garage on the dual carriageway 10 miles from where I live in south west Wales and diesel was 144.9p a litre. The Shell station just down the road is one of the cheapest locally @ 139.9p.

The only saving grace is that in mixed driving I can get 500-600 miles to a tank. My old 1.6 petrol Focus whilst having a smaller tank would give me 300 miles to a tank if I was lucky. I'd be more than happy to cycle to work if I worked within a few miles of home but I'd have a round trip of 32 miles a day to commute via bike which is silly really.

This is total madness but the trouble is I can't see an end to it and everyone is scared to protest so we just deal with it................

Team Losi Mini 8ight - Gen's Ace 1800mah Lipo // EZRun 35A ESC
Old 10-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

What can we do to reduce fuel costs at the pump? Rather than reduce our personal fuel costs by car sharing/pedaling etc?

I only live 9-10 miles from work, but got a steep up and down hill either way - and don't fancy pedalling up it. Im wondering if I could drive 1/2 way and park the car, pedal the rest.... but then there's nowhere to bung the car safely..
Old 10-03-2011
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

I've decided I'm going to drive to the parking spot closest to my house in the works carpark and then walk the rest of the way. Might save me £1 per year.
Every little help...
Old 10-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evsie View Post

This is total madness but the trouble is I can't see an end to it and everyone is scared to protest so we just deal with it................
Remember the lorry drivers and oil refinery blockages about 10-11 years ago and that was just for 90pence lt