Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > General Car Talk

Old 14-01-2009

without a doubt - the Serpent Veteq. (1/8 On road) Overly complex pusrod suspension that used to tweak like buggery and an egnine mounting system that used to crack crankcases when first released.
Old 14-01-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to mole2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil c View Post
been thinking quite hard about this and had three realy bad 4wd cars , xx4 ,bj4we and a 501x
2wd had a fireblade evo 2 and a bk2 ,but loved my early xxx
Quite surprised at that I consider the 501x one of the best cars i've ever owned . A lot of other people seem to have had issues with the diffs though.

www.rcbearings.co.uk
Old 14-01-2009
Mad Member

Mr4bc the rear belt was far too tight it was just ****(rymes with tight) car was too short and all bendy even thou it was that graphite dearer one they released.(cant remember its name) i bought it cause at the time foolishly i decided to buy every 4wd on offer that year (cant remember most of them ) but i remember that little beauty

love most cars too much thou, according to my wife
Old 14-01-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Ive loved some cars that others have hated, such as the Fireblade and the BK2. Id have another BK2 if I could buy a new unbuilt one today. Oh and the RC10B3, I loved that. Id put those 3 amongst my favourites.

Worst
Cougar 2 Team, I couldn't get it to steer.

Academy Griffin Pro, Nick from Evolution insisted on building it and it was toss

B4 FT, not sure if it was just that one as I have had others which have been great, couldn't do two laps the same.

Cat 2000 converted to EC. It was good before converting it, it had different length rear wishbones to the proper EC due to it being a converted car and it was utter crap. Bought a proper EC and it was fantastic.

Academy SB-sport. Again built by Nick, I percivered and talked myself into liking it - until I took the sticks of a borrowed XX4 and OMG, I realised just what shit I have been driving.

Yokomo MR4-BC, was ace indoors but broke too easily, felt good outdoors when driven on my own. But what felt fast to me outdoors was miles off the pace as it was just so skitty and 'unable'.
Old 14-01-2009

MX4 was awful, lord help you if you wanted to change wheels on the grid...

The first pred would run it close though, soo fast in it's day but very, very fragile. In fact I don't think it's ever really recovered from the bad rep it earned for reliability but in the hands of Kevin Moore and BK the thing was stunning fast.

2wd for me would be the B2 it was just, well, random for want of a better description and I never managed to get it to work consistantly for me
Old 14-01-2009

Traxxas Bandit - My first car and i was on a budget, even used the manual speed controller for a while, until it welded itself together anyway! the car came to a sticky end when i changed the standard motor and melted the gearbox.
Old 15-01-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughtyUK.net View Post
Rich Barton might disagree on that one, his was fairly dialled on the dirt in St Gaudens in France - 3rd if I remember correctly and won the last leg of the main
Having never run one on dirt, I can't comment, but this thread proves that every car is different for every person (with the odd exception)
Old 15-01-2009

Send a message via MSN to rich_cree

The cougar 2 works was brilliant but sadly arrived just as the cougar 2000 was released, which was less than brilliant....
Old 17-01-2009

I was not a big fan of the BK2. Aside from the fact that the graphite parts held up like china in a wind storm, Losi had too much thread and not enough meat on the turn buckles... you could sneeze on them and they would bend. When tapping a pipe was not an issue the car was very precise.

The winner for me is the T4!!! I know it is not a car but damn, it is rock solid. Fairly precise, very durable, and requiring little care. I do love the T4.
Old 17-01-2009

Worst:
Traxxas XL-01 Rustler, good basher just not track worthy couldnt really pull good laps with it.
Traxxas Emaxx 4wd Monster Truck, I had the original one with bulkheads
that would snap really easy, and a very weak chassis.

I refuse to own another traxxas product. The E-maxx got traded for a rc10 goldpan, and I sold the rustler for 50 us dollars. Best thing I ever did.

The traxxas slash spec class is popular here, but I dont want to be in it.
Old 17-01-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

For me this is easy but there is a tie in both 2wd and 4wd ... so two each

2wd :-

B4, nasty, nasty car .... but the B3 was so easy to drive

Losi XXX (first one) ..... but then the XX-CR was loverly

4WD:-

XX4 :- just could never get it to turn in as I wanted and be balanced

BJ4WE :- really hated driving that car, think it holds the record for me for shortest time raced, about 6 meetings.

Best cars being a little more difficult as I have enjoyed most of the cars I have had but 2-way draws again:

2wd:-

B3 ...... if I'd never have driven an RB5 I'd still be racing one, so easy to set-up and drive
RB5 ...... awesome, 1 set-up just about fits all sort of car and really easy to drive ... the best all round 2wd car I've ever driven!

4wd:-

Predator P8 ..... I was, am and probably always will be this cars #1 fan and for me ULTRA reliable!

Kyosho Optima Mid LWB Custom Special SE (just for having the longest name) ... this car handled perfectly for me, I loved every second of racing it

(The ZX5-SP is a great car but I have to say 3rd on my list behind the joint 1sts and only just ahead of the MR4-BC-special)

That said I'd sell a kidney (somebody elses obviously) to get my hands on a Tamiya Egress again!!!!
Old 18-01-2009

My worst 4WD was the Academy SB Sport. Used it for two races (not race meetings) and had to replace all the diff outputs twice. They must have been made of marzipan or something. Also destroyed motors due to it's ridiculous internal gear ratio .
Old 18-01-2009

the worst car ive had so far is the losi mini-t. the car is allright but the standad steering sevos are so fragile. i've gone through about four or five now and have just got fed up of replacing them. my worst 4wd has to be my zaboon. its a very strong car but it just does things you dont expect to happen. it was my first proper rc car so has some centimentel value. thats about all it has going for it.
(> <)
This is harold. Help Harold spread happyness by posting him to your sig.
Old 18-01-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
2wd :-

B4, nasty, nasty car .... but the B3 was so easy to drive
That can't be right! You must of had some crazy set-up on it

Mendip R/C Raceway - Offroad Racing in South-West
WORM-Racing - GT12 Racing in the South-West
Old 19-01-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Seriously ..... I almost gave up racing completely due to how much I disliked the B4 .... it was the car responsible for me changing to 1/8th rallycross for a couple of years!!

I hate that car .... just doesn't suit me at all!!!!
Old 19-01-2009

Thumbs up bad experiance

i started out in 97 in 2wd with a mardave cobra. it seemed ok at first but when you take a car like that to a club or comp, it shows how bad a cobra really is when you got a b2, b3 or a losi cr going passed you either side and you are heading somewhere off the track!
my 4wd experiance was with a YZ10. i really dont know why i could not get it to run tidy on a bumpy grass track, i was told it was one of the best 4wd cars at that time...may be not?
well 11 years on i drive a losi xxx cr and a pred x10 wich is now a x-11 hybrid. all great cars and no bad words to say.

Keeping fast motors reving hard.

signed...migsy

racing made better by Losi, Team Xtreme, HPI BAJA 5B. novak, castle creations, trak-power lipos bantam B6 and my SMR nicely done by huski sport uk. local club: Cwmaman RC Jammers.

www.the-pred.co.uk
RC BEARINGS 4 U.
Club 22 (admin)

Losi22, losi xxx cr
losi xx-4, losi xxx-4G
baja 5b 30.5cc.
Old 19-01-2009
Super Moderator

This thread is great! I own most of these cars!

G
Old 19-01-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy View Post
This thread is great! I own most of these cars!

G
And then some more too , What was that you bought yesterday?
Old 19-01-2009
Super Moderator

A full RPM RC10.....

G
Old 19-01-2009

worst car was an original fireblade (didnt realise how bad till i tried a friends xx) close second is a pred p8 (original transmission)
best car pred p8 (tc3 mod) jus so dialed wherever it runs
Diementia would like to invite you to vote for us on Total Biker FM here : http://lnk.ms/TPsV9 and share this link. Please also share this link.Thankyou for your support \m/ www.reverbnation.com/diementia