Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 16-10-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via Skype™ to simoncrabb

TD mentioned this in passing to me when I spoke to them in the week about big bore springs and parts.

The rear shock shafts on the 210 are indeed longer, to give more rear droop than the 52mm ones would offer.

It's totally deliberate.
Old 16-10-2011

What are the shock towers and steering arms made of composite it may be that the mix has been done wrong happend on another car but cant remember which is was a well known brand and model but cant remember if it was a touring car or a buggy
Old 16-10-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robocop View Post
My 210 is supposed to be on its way to me i dont know if i did the right thing of starting this thread,as problems seem to be putting me off a little but like all cars have problems but these seem to be anoying but really important ones.
Instead of like cougars and tamiya 2wd's and have gear problems out of the box? Or any other car thats new and has problems ? That prevent you from finishing a 5 minute run!!

Surely if you was that concerned you would wait to see how they go first before ordering ?

If not at least you know for next time
Old 16-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by simoncrabb View Post
TD mentioned this in passing to me when I spoke to them in the week about big bore springs and parts.

The rear shock shafts on the 210 are indeed longer, to give more rear droop than the 52mm ones would offer.

It's totally deliberate.
it looks like there plan has gone Tits up
Old 16-10-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

1 person's piston getting jammed in the top could be that they haven't done the eyelet up quite as much as the rest of us?

It might be worth just adding a 1mm washer underneath the rubber cone just to restrict the stroke slightly. This wouldn't effect the droop.
Old 16-10-2011

Hi Simon,

That's nice to know, but you can see why people are questioning the approved hop ups being 3mm shorter. And again, it doesn't seem right that the piston top protrudes outside the damper body. If they wanted more rear droop, why not make the damper body longer also, or lower the height of the shock tower and keep the shafts 52mm.

Don't think I'm directing this question directly at you Simon

Would also like to add, the car has some little issues, but it's brand new, and some things are to be expected. Durango have been excellent in the support with the 410, regarding updates and online support, and it was this reason why I bought a brand new release rather than wait untill problems had been ironed out.

The important thing is what little running the kit has had, everyone is reporting that it has been very good, and that I know is right, from what little running I have had with it.
Old 16-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePimlott View Post
Instead of like cougars and tamiya 2wd's and have gear problems out of the box? Or any other car thats new and has problems ? That prevent you from finishing a 5 minute run!!

Surely if you was that concerned you would wait to see how they go first before ordering ?

If not at least you know for next time
Well after 2 years of development you would have thought all the bugs would be sorted out,would you not
Old 16-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big G View Post
1 person's piston getting jammed in the top could be that they haven't done the eyelet up quite as much as the rest of us?

It might be worth just adding a 1mm washer underneath the rubber cone just to restrict the stroke slightly. This wouldn't effect the droop.
Correct, this will be my remedy to this tomorrow, thanks
Old 16-10-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Well after 2 years of development you would have thought all the bugs would be sorted out,would you not
Which part of the production car was on the prototype car 6 months ago never mind 2 years ago?

And its us mear mortals who put these kits to there limits not the big boys who could drive house bricks.
I saw 3 go today at southport and another one between rounds, all looked promising.
Old 16-10-2011

I dont know i just drive the car thats why we pay for them to be right out the box if you bought a brand new real car you would expect it to be right would you not,nevermind that the cars are jumping in the car taking abuse on the track,if it was a real car and fell apart you would take it back would you not,dont want to start an argument but seems a few things have to be looked at
Old 16-10-2011

Quote:
So do you think that road car manufacturers with multi billion pound budgets have no issues with brand new cars? Look at Honda with the sticking throttle, Mercedes with a car that flips if you change direction too quickly, Ferrari 458 that set fire when you drove it.

MB Models....Team Durango....Telsshells....韦恩是一个无线电遥控赛车上帝,克雷格是同性恋
Old 16-10-2011

Send a message via MSN to Nick Send a message via Skype™ to Nick

If you crashed you real car and broke it would you take it back and blame the manufacture? I’m not saying the shock mounts are weak or not but did they break well you was driving round the track or did you crash first? I agree that there may be problem with the strength of some parts on the car as there is with other on the market! And as time goes by I’m sure the problem you’re all going on about will be addressed and sorted as they was on the 410 on release. At end of the day there will always be teething problems in any car on release and as with any professional company Durango will deal with them as they did with the 410.

From where I’m looking the 210 is one of the best cars out of a box you can buy value for money and quality! Just give it time and I’m sure all the problems you all going on about will be fixed. I myself do not regret my £194 I parted with one bit unlike the title that the post I saw yesterday said.
Old 16-10-2011

[QUOTE=Robocop;568006]I dont know i just drive the car thats why we pay for them to be right out the box if you bought a brand new real car you would expect it to be right would you not,nevermind that the cars are jumping in the car taking abuse on the track,if it was a real car and fell apart you would take it back would you not,dont want to start an argument but seems a few things have to be looked at

agree with what your saying but, you are buying a competition car, everyone will set them up differnt, there seems to be very little out the box starting point. 22 Told you how to build the car with an out the box set up, which was useless everywher (UK). 210 Set it up how you want it, all the build bugs seem to be a shim here or there. The inside wheel locking seems to be that the c hub is too narrow allowing too much lock needs a packer glued to it.

Longer shafts than shock body seems odd, mine hasn't fouled yet but can see potetial.

Generally though very pleased.

Loving the where shall I put my radio gear, rather than how on earth will I get my radio gear in!!
Old 16-10-2011
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

just a quick thought,is the piston coming over the top on the shock body when the spring hanger is on the shock??not that we have or own the car, just seen people complaine about something similar before.?
Old 16-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePimlott View Post
Which part of the production car was on the prototype car 6 months ago never mind 2 years ago?

And its us mear mortals who put these kits to there limits not the big boys who could drive house bricks.
I saw 3 go today at southport and another one between rounds, all looked promising.
Yep one was mine and I really liked it once I'd bolted on an alloy 'bent' horn and replaced the rear shock shafts. Steve managed to break a rear shock tower and I think something happened to Mark's in the final, but not sure what. Si woosed out with an excuse that he hadn't fit any outdoor tyres to his [the one between rounds].

In comparison to the 22 I was running inbetween the fixes, the 210 felt so solid. Once the teething issues are solved I'm sure it will be the club car to beat for many a year.
Old 16-10-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

[QUOTE=jkclifford;568028]
Quote:
I dont know i just drive the car thats why we pay for them to be right out the box if you bought a brand new real car you would expect it to be right would you not,nevermind that the cars are jumping in the car taking abuse on the track,if it was a real car and fell apart you would take it back would you not,dont want to start an argument but seems a few things have to be looked at

agree with what your saying but, you are buying a competition car, everyone will set them up differnt, there seems to be very little out the box starting point. 22 Told you how to build the car with an out the box set up, which was useless everywher (UK). 210 Set it up how you want it, all the build bugs seem to be a shim here or there. The inside wheel locking seems to be that the c hub is too narrow allowing too much lock needs a packer glued to it.

Longer shafts than shock body seems odd, mine hasn't fouled yet but can see potetial.

Generally though very pleased.

Loving the where shall I put my radio gear, rather than how on earth will I get my radio gear in!!

I'm not sure if the 22 kit setup worked anywere in the world,not just the uk,tryed it on our dirt track...nasty wee beasty it was

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 16-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_p View Post
Does any one know if the front shock shafts from the short course truck are 55 mm. If they are then it could have been a simple mix up that got written into the manual.
The SC front shafts are 44mm and rear shafts are 52mm.
Old 17-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by simoncrabb View Post

It's totally deliberate.
Then the converse argument is that the 52mm TiNi hop-ups are not as effective? If that is the case why buy the hop-up?
Old 17-10-2011

I'm walking away form a very reliable (and new) Cougar SV pro 2011 for a DEX210. I must say, I'm a little apprehensive with it being a new car and from the first batch.

But what I have seen of the car, and what I've read about the company, I think (hope) any problems with it will soon be fixed and it will be a fantastic racer.

The Cougar is a good car, but I find the company very arrogant in it's approach to problems. I'm sure Durango are not of the same mind, please tell me I'm right.

I have seen the plastic steering arm snap after a hard bump and others here suggest the rear shock shafts, shock towers, locking steering and diff clip may give problems. But that's fine, if we know about it, we can keep an eye on it.

Does anybody know how quickly Durango normally jump on problems, do they send out replacment parts found to be fuilty?
Old 17-10-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacattack View Post
So do you think that road car manufacturers with multi billion pound budgets have no issues with brand new cars? Look at Honda with the sticking throttle, Mercedes with a car that flips if you change direction too quickly, Ferrari 458 that set fire when you drove it.
thats very true, but when it does happen a full and complete fix is offered by the manufacture to the customer totally free of charge!!