Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 24-03-2015
Mad Member

That's good to hear Chris,
But when you make a "Thread warning to others"! it will cause a reaction that you are attacking said shop!!

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 24-03-2015
Mad Member

And, judging by the posts, it is not a necessary warning - plenty of posts here to say that people have ordered and received goods quickly and weren't prevented from racing.

There's always two sides to a story. As this thread demonstrates if you give one side, don't think the other side won't surface to give us all a warning... against starting threads titled "Warning to others!"

Big ups to Dave at JE for coming on, explaining his side clearly with facts and not losing his cool - good work fella.
Old 25-03-2015

They say all publicity is good publicity, I now want to order something from JE or Apex just to find out what the fuss is about haha, good job I don't have the money right now !
Old 25-03-2015

I've ordered a few bits from JE and it's always been a good service. The only one issue I had was a receiver which never arrived. It wasn't JE's fault Royal Mail lost it and they did send another one after an agreed time. I also sell online and realise things like this do happen from time to time.
Old 25-03-2015

Interesting thread and Dave @ JE replies are well structured and reasonable.

Unfortunately there are some people who seem to want the moon on a stick and others who are somewhat more agreeable/reasonable.

I have had nothing but good service from JE (I've used them since the days when they just did screw kits) and used Apex a couple of times.

Before buying JE I'd had a couple of really poor experiences with Apex and vowed never to use them again - I have subsequently relented and been pleasantly surprised with the service.

Mistakes do happen unfortunately, no one is perfect - and occasionally a balls-up will happen, a thread such as this has the ability magnify any slight issue to far further than may be reasonable and especially with the title it has, it will always garner polarizing comment and experiences. Thankfully forums are a two way street.

Edit

Especially if you consider the problem was caused by the op ballsing up his order.

Last edited by justleanitupabit; 25-03-2015 at 04:28 PM.
Old 25-03-2015

This has evolved into an interesting and constructive thread, I must say i've never been let down outright by Apex/JE (and i've ordered quite a lot of stuff from them) but TBH in my experience orders do take on average a day or two longer to arrive from them than from some other shops, even if you pay extra for 1st class post.

Back in the late '90s when Graham and Marc worked at Apex, every single time I ordered from them the bits turned up the next day and mistakes were literally unheard of (despite all the orders being placed over the phone in those days) so I would say there is room for improvement here but to be fair when two companies merge and you're trying to amalgamate two loads of stock and run an ebay shop etc. it can't be easy.

Also as others have said, live stock should mean live stock. With most other live stock retailers if you order something outside opening hours or on Sunday the stock level changes as soon as you complete the order so it's not possible for someone else to then order something which is effectively no longer in stock, this is how it should be.

On the plus side all staff members at both shops are extremely knowlegable and helpful. In particular Richard at Apex is a top bloke who always does what he says he'll do, several times he's gone away to find something out for me and called me back PDQ without me needing to ring back

Last edited by HOTSHOT III; 25-03-2015 at 05:25 PM.
Old 25-03-2015
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

wrong thread...

Last edited by mark christopher; 25-03-2015 at 07:51 PM.
Old 26-03-2015
Mad Member

Ordered with JE (via Ebay) 2 sets of BB springs for my SC10 just over a week ago.

All arrived as quickly as usual - opened the packet last night to find that one of the packets of springs had 2 sets of the same rate - so this is a fault at the AE packing department and definitely not JE.

Quick email to JE this morning and Dave was straight back to me to rectify what wasn't even their fault.

You can't beat service like that
Old 26-03-2015

incorrect thread

Feedback

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60766

Last edited by Wassy; 26-03-2015 at 10:35 AM.