Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 29-10-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

I have been in contact with the MRT guys and have a reply, mrt will look into it when the full info is available
Old 29-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigbunt View Post
why not just stay on the old system? it'll help new racers get in to the sport as the pt cost will come down.

it all sounds overkill i dont see what the point of spending money on something that seems to work anyways..
That's the stance I would recommend for the club I race at - what we have works, it'll work well for years - if anybody walks in with a 'percy' they can borrow a hand out!
Old 29-10-2012

This may not be popular but MRT have caused a lot of headache for clubs trying to run a meeting with 70+ drivers with most of those drivers booking in on the day.
We don't have time to go through the data and check for transponder clashes.
Also in 1/8 we run bump ups again this slows down or may have stopped finals wiliest race control sorts out clashing issues.
So this MRT problem needs looking at having 10~20 numbers with most racers not knowing what there number is NOT THE WAY FORWARD.
If you are running a small club meeting with fewer than 60 drivers you will not be pushed for time they (MRT) are great.
My advice is buy harrys if you can.
Jim
Old 29-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbot View Post
This may not be popular but MRT have caused a lot of headache for clubs trying to run a meeting with 70+ drivers with most of those drivers booking in on the day.
We don't have time to go through the data and check for transponder clashes.
Also in 1/8 we run bump ups again this slows down or may have stopped finals wiliest race control sorts out clashing issues.
So this MRT problem needs looking at having 10~20 numbers with most racers not knowing what there number is NOT THE WAY FORWARD.
If you are running a small club meeting with fewer than 60 drivers you will not be pushed for time they (MRT) are great.
My advice is buy harrys if you can.
Jim
As someone who runs a club - 100% agree with the above.

I do NOT recommend MRTs

I have a busy enough time and don't need to be correcting clashes or teach people how to use the MRT.

Personally I had an AMB, got it cloned to a MRT. So I still retained the number, then got a clash?? Binned both for 2 x Harry's and job done.
Old 29-10-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyscott View Post
I do NOT recommend MRTs
What about BDSM? is that recommended? lol, just trying to lighten the mood
SWorkz S12-2

Instagram: crazylthirteen
Blogger: http://the-croucher.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 29-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyscott View Post
As someone who runs a club - 100% agree with the above.

I do NOT recommend MRTs
i dont run a club but in my mind its the software thats not doing its job if you have to manually find clashes..
Old 29-10-2012
oOple Advertiser

I may well be wrong here but surely mrt have clashes only when the secondary numbers are used? (The 10 or 20 "extra" ones built in) I thought these would be random but it appears many, if not all have the SAME extra numbers built in.

I know they are cloned from old amb's so there will be a few out there with the same "primary" number, but I would have thought the chance of those coming together at the same meeting remote?

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 29-10-2012

in the old days we had to look at frequencies for the trannies and even that got sorted in the program so I now the program in ower club finds the problem with PT's aswell . so cant imagine it would be more dificult than 15 years ago when we ran meetings with 150 drivers and hand out transponders .
I do agree if U bye your first PT get an original if U need more later on get it cloned . cheaper and works far bether than the originel one and you still have your own PT number .
bud doot agree on the harry's or the new thing thats coming . the old original one was fine so leave it at that we dont need more with RC cars
Rude-Bits
Serpent
Fba section offroad chairman.
Old 29-10-2012

maybe we should all still be running 1200 cells and silvercan motors?
NO?
no because technology moved on and everybody bought new stuff
how many buy the latest car as soon as it comes out? speedo , that new motor because it is just that tiny bit faster?
i have 3 origional AMB pts, there probably 10 years old now, i dont have any other gear that old
so if they dont work with the new system then i guess they had a good run
time to upgrade
keep 1 for club racing if needed and trade in others

oh and if you buy cheap pattern parts, you cant expect them to be as compatable as an original. can you??
Old 29-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by john333 View Post
I may well be wrong here but surely mrt have clashes only when the secondary numbers are used? (The 10 or 20 "extra" ones built in) I thought these would be random but it appears many, if not all have the SAME extra numbers built in.

I know they are cloned from old amb's so there will be a few out there with the same "primary" number, but I would have thought the chance of those coming together at the same meeting remote?
Had enough this year to cause enough of a headache. Prob 10+ meetings with a wide range of drivers from a large geographic area.

Up until this year I had not seen that many clashes.
Old 29-10-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

BBK tells you when a newly entered transponder clashes with one already in the database.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 30-10-2012
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

I've never seen a clash. Ever.
Must be alot of people buying and selling alot of gear down south?
Old 30-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
I've never seen a clash. Ever.
Must be alot of people buying and selling alot of gear down south?
I can count the clashes we've had at the Stone on one hand. Not a big deal in my opinion!

As ever, spend, spend, spend on all the latest cars, speedo and other stuff etc, but when costs that mean we can actually race go up then the world ends. It's the same when a clubs rent is put up and race fees increased, the CLUB must be getting greedy.

This wont be popular, but if my business was being ripped off I'd do exactly the same. This is coming from someone who runs a club (dear to his heart) and knew about this when recently investing in our new system.

Matt Owen
Old 30-10-2012

I really don't see what the big issue is ??

The guys at MRT have already said not to worry and if there is an issue then can fix it but will not be able to do it untill RC4 is actually released

So anyone wanting to keep your existing mrt are safe for now.

Bbk software will except your mrt in a trade for a new Harry and you only got pay £42 so again not really a massive one

Or sell you mrt to someone else and again upgrade to Harry.

Everyone is on a win win situation here other than a few that seem to be blowing this totaly out proportion to what's actually happening ??

And btw I have 2 mrts in my cars
Used for 3 years
I have raced micros,1/8 rallyx,1/10 2wd and 4wd from club to national events north and south and yet to have a number clash :-)

Change is always difficult but let's remember the fun times we have racing :-)

Old 30-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chequered Flag Racing View Post
It's about time MRT came out with their own decoder and race software, that would be great.
Your right, bu then you have the additional dilema of another counting system. You tyhen go to a club that isnt running it, does your bug count laps ?

I think the best route right now is for racers to wait for something official, and then discuss rather than flame. It won't get anyone anywhere right now.
Old 30-10-2012

I think those coming down on MRT have missed the point, my MRT bugs are all clones of my one number, no clashes at all, met have made them affordable to ALL racers and you can repair the wire, and MRT the unit, which is far more than mylaps/amb do......
Old 30-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo90 View Post
Your right, bu then you have the additional dilema of another counting system. You tyhen go to a club that isnt running it, does your bug count laps ?

I think the best route right now is for racers to wait for something official, and then discuss rather than flame. It won't get anyone anywhere right now.
If it were to happen and it read all pt, then problem solved
Old 30-10-2012

After talking to Rob of BBK my understanding of the situation is this;

1) If you have an MRT transponder then you may have an issue with the new system.
However people have reported on here that MRT have the situation under control so fine there.

2) If you have an AMB transponder then you will be fine as the new system will work with all the personal transponders made by AMB.

However the new Percy transponder will not work with the older timing systems so advice would be to wait till clubs etc. move on to this before getting one.

When the new system is available to all the benefit will be that the transponder will have 2 extra numbers allowing them to be used in 2 cars i.e. 2wd/4wd, dry weather chassis set-up/ wet weather chassis set-up etc.

If you already have the Harry then it will work better with the new system so all fine there also.
Old 30-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
After talking to Rob of BBK my understanding of the situation is this;

1) If you have an MRT transponder then you may have an issue with the new system.
However people have reported on here that MRT have the situation under control so fine there.

2) If you have an AMB transponder then you will be fine as the new system will work with all the personal transponders made by AMB.

However the new Percy transponder will not work with the older timing systems so advice would be to wait till clubs etc. move on to this before getting one.

When the new system is available to all the benefit will be that the transponder will have 2 extra numbers allowing them to be used in 2 cars i.e. 2wd/4wd, dry weather chassis set-up/ wet weather chassis set-up etc.

If you already have the Harry then it will work better with the new system so all fine there also.
so you can have a few transponders with the same number, now who does that all ready
Old 30-10-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
If you have an AMB transponder then you will be fine as the new system will work with all the personal transponders made by AMB.

I agree with this statement, but lets be honest here, i'm ok because I now only really race at club level.

But it's the main BRCA events this will affect as they will update their systems first, the clubs will stay with theolder systems as if it ain't broke why change !

The problem as I see it is this, potentially the drivers who wish's to drive at club and national level may have to have 2 transponders !!