Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Xtreme - VEGA

Old 02-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Sorry your right it is unfair, and I don't know you.

The same however is true for the people posting on here and G...which is why unfortunately I mentioned your situation as an example eg I wouldn't ever suggest you post about other cars due to being related to these guys cos I don't have a clue about it, so they should realise the same applies with their knowledge of G and AC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelrc View Post
Cheers for dragging me in
But I am not team vega
I am no where near good enough!
Just an Rc customer.
Dave you do not know me or know my experiences so please leave me out of this
Hope you like your vega. I am sure you will love it!
Old 02-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG28 View Post
Wow, I shouldn't say this but it's been long day and I am fed up of this type of thing on forums, so let's be blunt shall we:

YOU are accusing G or either accidentally or deliberately treating you product differently due to his involvement with another product, when you have NO IDEA if this is the case.

You say none of your drivers have to do that, when your team owners brother has countless posts slagging of Schumacher. I don't know how you could post what you did above straight faced!!!

It's posts like yours (and ironically this one of mine!) which make forums a place where things get blown up, I would suggest you rethink what you and others here have insinuated. Maybe taking a leaf out of Kevin's book, I may have missed something but I think his response has been measured/reassuring without the petty sniping!

Your all great guys, and I have a Vega on order and look forward to trying it (if you guys don't can my order for this!), but this type of thing really p***es me off! One of the advantages of being too s**t to be "team" is I can say that!!

Now can I please suggest, people stick to posting about the car or queries on the shell, without questioning G's integrity please! Even if his original comment wasn't the brightest, which I think he's kind of admitted!!

Dave
I think you should read my post again. I have not accused anyone of anything. I merely suggested that my Team Members needn't do that. My post was accurate and fair.

Please be aware that my Brother in Law is not a Vega Team Driver and is entitled to his own opinion - so maybe you should not go around accusing people and making assumptions.

You should also think of how our integrity might have been affected with his comment, which was unnecessary on a public forum. I can also say that 'I am fed up with this type of thing on the forums', something posted with no evidence and unprofessionally. I haven't heard from any other BRCA representative privately or publicly!

And by the way it's not only you that has had a long day.

http://www.teamxtreme.co.uk
Old 02-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

"Though I do think the first comment that has caused all this, was unfair and again could have been discussed in private. I can't imagine the member who made the comment would ever post something 'worrying' on their Team's forum, without being clear first."

I read your original post fine thank you very much. I think the above suggests your accusing him of something. Maybe it's just me. I also think your linking his association to another car in there, so don't then say it's not on to mention family affiliations etc.

You guys need to realise G was not being underhand in any way, was not picking on a "competitor" etc, but actually, and I have to say HE HAS ALREADY POINTED THIS OUT before your post, thought he saw something illegal on the shell. Now he's not so sure and is trying to find out before posting further. He has also I believe admitted the original post was not handled brilliantly.

given that, personally, I think some of the posts on this thread are out of line, and it amazes me you and others can post what you have about him then say its out of line to mention when people are in the same family etc!! I know Rebel can post his own views without being influenced by knowing you (and as I said in response to him I didn't meant suggest the opposite), that's my whole point, maybe, just maybe, G can do the same, perhaps you should realise that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.TeamXtreme View Post
I think you should read my post again. I have not accused anyone of anything. I merely suggested that my Team Members needn't do that. My post was accurate and fair.

Please be aware that my Brother in Law is not a Vega Team Driver and is entitled to his own opinion - so maybe you should not go around accusing people and making assumptions.

You should also think of how our integrity might have been affected with his comment, which was unnecessary on a public forum. I can also say that 'I am fed up with this type of thing on the forums', something posted with no evidence and unprofessionally. I haven't heard from any other BRCA representative privately or publicly!

And by the way it's not only you that has had a long day.
Old 02-03-2011
Mad Member

Please, put this to bed now.............

Facts are - Something was said, a bit hastily.
It's been retracted.
The bodyshell is legal in accordance to BRCA rule book.

Lets not go any further as this is not the sort of press any car needs, and to be honest it is getting a bit tit for tat!!!

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrr that's all folks
Old 02-03-2011

Awwwwe, not finished my popcorn yet.
Old 02-03-2011
SHRCCC Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondell View Post
Awwwwe, not finished my popcorn yet.
Can borrow this if you like Jon?

Old 03-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Can't believe I missed all this fun!
I really should spend more time on my laptop and less time working

I look forward to hearing why G thought the shell was illegal, I'm sure it was a mistake on his part, but that's life, who's perfect eh?
Lord knows ive made a few mistakes haha

This forum is a great place to discuss things, but it does lend itself to people going OTT.

It is entertaining to watch people argue, and as far as Rebelrc goes, your even more famous in Sweden now haha, sorry Scott couldnt resist

You know theres only one way to solve this.......fffiiiiigggggghhhhtttttt
Old 03-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I think the best way is to settle it is with a Dance Off!

www.rccarshop.co.uk

Last edited by MHeadling; 03-03-2011 at 08:53 AM. Reason: .
Old 03-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The only rule I can see which is vague enough to maybe be an issue is the thing about having to have some of both the front and rear profile uncut and still part of the shell. I've never understood that rule but at the rear this must be very close to not having any? Think others have been the same though, wasn't the S2 similar?
Old 03-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I have a S-2 and never even noticed Amish, I did race it at the nationals, euros and worlds without any problems though.
Old 03-03-2011
Mad Member

Good Morning

Dave if you look at my AC comment it has a question mark at the end of it!
So that's a question not an accusation. And could have simply been answered .instead of all the coyness
You see if someone makes a statement like G's then doesn't justifie it , people clutch at straws
Like I said leave me out of this, I am being good and keeping my posts light, factual and helpful.
I am a customer who doesn't only purchase goods that my brother makes
I love Durango, losi, kyosho,team Xtreme,vega, tamiya, yokomo and associated not that's any of your business lol
How come you don't drag others that have asked WHY? G into this?is it cause they are big in Rc cars? Question not a statement!
And why are you comparing loyalty to family ties to Rc car team drives (usually small discounts) you are out of order! Of coarse I am going to stick up for my brother and sister in law (to the death) wouldn't you?
Why are you so interested in my family anyway? It's just weird..... You wouldn't talk to gill losi like that or any other manufacturers so what gives people the right to do it to team Xtreme/ vega?
When I got into the Schumacher cat3 row I publically apologised and pm'ed those concerned my apologies, as that's all I could do to try and make things better. In a prompt manly fashion !
Yes we all say silly things sometimes, me more than most ,but what's that got to do with the amazing quality of his cars?

Sad thing is that the time we spent Typing I could have knocked up a new body mould
So that is hopefully what I am going to do tonight
And if it's any good give it too vega.
The kind of bashing bashing Does not look good when new racers look in
Now can we PLEASE get back on topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a kyosho rb5 vega and drove it for the very first time at the maritime off road wars on Saturday,
The car was spot on after a little clutch fettling.
I don't really race on anything except polished wood so you give me grip and then SMASH!
But whole different story with the vega. It just went! In an effortlessly rapid fashion and flew confidently
I was extremely pleased. People that actually know me said your car looks good and you seem very happy today! Whats wrong lol
I love it and I think it's going to make medo more racing so you can get to know me Dave ( joke)
Me and Lewis are like chalk and cheese but one thing we have in common is that we are both very passionate about Rc cars and design and no matter how much knocking are not going away ! Luckily for racers ,or else the vega fabulous chassis wouldn't be here in all it's splendid quality and correct pricing which is all good for our hobby + uniquely covering many manufacturers with previously unseen quality
And the vega team drivers are an amazing bunch of level headed guys doing a great job with upmost professionalism

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG28 View Post
"Though I do think the first comment that has caused all this, was unfair and again could have been discussed in private. I can't imagine the member who made the comment would ever post something 'worrying' on their Team's forum, without being clear first."

I read your original post fine thank you very much. I think the above suggests your accusing him of something. Maybe it's just me. I also think your linking his association to another car in there, so don't then say it's not on to mention family affiliations etc.

You guys need to realise G was not being underhand in any way, was not picking on a "competitor" etc, but actually, and I have to say HE HAS ALREADY POINTED THIS OUT before your post, thought he saw something illegal on the shell. Now he's not so sure and is trying to find out before posting further. He has also I believe admitted the original post was not handled brilliantly.

given that, personally, I think some of the posts on this thread are out of line, and it amazes me you and others can post what you have about him then say its out of line to mention when people are in the same family etc!! I know Rebel can post his own views without being influenced by knowing you (and as I said in response to him I didn't meant suggest the opposite), that's my whole point, maybe, just maybe, G can do the same, perhaps you should realise that....
Old 03-03-2011
Mad Member

Dave G, And Yan

This never started as a personal thing with anyone just a fact finding mission.

I think its important not to get in some argument about the great people in this sport and it seems that Graham is a well respected and liked person in the rc community and i hope to meet him so we can shake hands and share a laugh.

These are the issues we wanted clarifying.

G made a straight comment "The shell is not BRCA legal"
He did not say, i think it may be illegal!!!!!

You really cant make a comment like that without any grounds!!!

He now says he cant make an opinion without actually seeing one!!
For this reason alone he should make it clear he made should not have said what did originally and retract his statment!!

And for politeness he should Inform us why he thought the shell was not legal if indeed he did at all.

Or maybe just admit he was talking twadlle.??

What has happened is that we all now have made the assumption that Graham was talking Twaddle and that a problem does not exist with the shells!!

I dont like making assumptions

We all talk rubbish sometimes

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 03-03-2011
Mad Member

My last post was not a rant just hopefully a constuctive point for the sake of lovaley oople
Cheers Dc
Anyone else want my family tree? (joke)
Back on topic!
Old 03-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy View Post
OK, maybe I should have put "I think the shell might not be BRCA legal" and to be honest I think I really need to see one to make a proper decision.

I'm not interested in forum arguments about how silly rules are or aren't.

G
Posted by G yesterday Neil, as I've already pointed out, he already said he shouldn't have put his original wording, but then props carried on insinuating things anyway!

As usual in forum land, once someone pints out some posts go too far they become the object of the flaming..all to be expected I guess! I note some people can't be f***ed responding to my posts asking actual questions about the shells, just to have a go! How about saying whether they think the rear profile thing is an issue instead? I am a customer remember...I have a vested interest in checking the shell! Feels like I stumbled into a Bury forum...

Cheers for your input dc!

As for family obsession, get a grip, I made a fair comment about people in glasshouse not throwing stones, that's all...plus admitted it was unfair to drag specific names into it.

Any chance of some more responses about the actual shell?
Old 03-03-2011

Cant see Wot the fuss is all about its a toy car
Old 03-03-2011
oOple Advertiser

Hi Dave, i'm not familiar with the rule regarding the rear profile of the shell so I can't comment but as far as I know the shell has been given the all clear and if Graham does know something we all don't then Team Extreme Vega will act accordingly i'm sure as soon as G let's us all in on the secret
Old 03-03-2011
Mad Member

One sometimes really have to wonder if we're all still talking about radio controlled "toy" cars?

Even though the shell is far from pretty, I must admit Rebel made it look good with an excellent paintjob!!!

I suggest you all have a coke and a smile, and take for granted that this shell is legal until proven not... With all the fruitcake shells these days I see no reason why also this one wouldn't be legal. The basic idea was originally that the cars should resemble 1:1 cars, that's long gone! And for onroad cars the shells have an important aerodynamic effect, and we therefore need homologated lists. OK, there's of course an effect for buggies as well, but it's very small! And because it's so small no lists are needed, just some very basic guidelines so it still looks like a car.

Btw. will there be a Vega kit also for the B4.1?

Tech Tips, HopUps & Bling

Xray 2014 XB4 4WD & 2WD | B4 FTW Night Fox XL | Mugen MRX-5 | RB | Futaba 3VCS FASST | Faskolor

Visit my showroom
Old 03-03-2011
oOple Advertiser

WOW !!
It is nice Dave to defend Graham but mate this is why everyone is getting animated.

It has to be understood that texts started to team driver from customers, friends, fellow racers and dads asking whether the shell is legal.
Phone calls start to the manufacturer whether it's legal.
Obviously the forum kicks off and some very polite comments like from Kev which just said ’how come?’
At this point Graham could have said anything like, it’s the nose, it’s the windows, anything would have done and people would have looked into it, made their comments and all would have been well.
Now excuse me but I see it different. Grahams signature is clear and in bold that he is Tech Official.
Anyone not knowing Graham and as an example, Neil would assume that Graham knows what he is talking about.
Now let’s also think how many people are looking at this forum and are not National drivers etc etc and do not know Graham.
The fact is becoming to clear to you all that, Graham ‘ala’ Tech Officer has made a serious comment that could be affecting the manufacturer of the product, the drivers already owning the product, the potential owners of the product and the list can go on and on. It could be argued Kyosho, Tamiya, Associated and so on are affected as well. Even Kifo could be affected having an illegal shell.
I have asked G over 4 times on the forum to clarify what part he THINKS is not right and he has avoided that.
He knows and we all know he will be either right or wrong but the facts are crystal clear that his comments have NOT yet been clarified and everyone is still not sure and he is either laughing in the background or something. Even just now Alec has said, lets us in to the secret.

Now it could be argued that it’s toy car racing but not when a respected person like Graham makes a comment and leaves it open for days and days and …….

I personally cannot proceed to have my shells painted fresh for the season as there might be something so bloody picky that the BRCA want to find wrong but “I tell you what” …………..
G, you could have had a conclusion when he could have had emails with photos and even a shell on his door step if he wanted to clarify.
The fact again says G for some reason doesn’t want to clarify and that is why assumptions are made.

Graham me old fruit, you HAVE to clarify how or what you saw in the first place whether right or wrong otherwise this is going to continue to escalate
Old 03-03-2011
SHRCCC Legend

Well I dont know any of you so...

But a simple "I think it might be the rear end shape / Windows / Nose but can someone let me have one so I can decide 100%" might have been the best way forward, then we can all go share a beer

Anyway, another day on my back resting so keep the fun rolling
Old 03-03-2011

I agree it is getting out of hand - but please don't expect me to 'stand' by while a derogative comment is made about our product with no evidence. In my first post all I did was try to make things clear on the BRCA side of things.

Tom, Dick and Harry did not then have to quote me and start a personal thing going. Nor was it in their place to defend someone while putting us down.

We have spent many hours working dam hard to produce what we have and because we are so passionate about it and so can produce beautiful products like the Vega and the X11. All here in the U.K

I also agree that it is 'Toy Cars' but it is our livelihood - we do have our own little children and family to look after

A bold statement like that was just wrong and while you may all be thinking that I'm a bitch, I'm not going to put up with it. However give me some factual evidence and I will be the first to look into it and if we are wrong we will apologise and rectify it asap!

If there are any serious questions please do not hesitate to ask (I promise I don't bite)

http://www.teamxtreme.co.uk