Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Old 03-11-2008
Lee-Mag

I doubt his money goes to switzerland either as the uk government will take a chunk if it does

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 03-11-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to millzy

i missed the end i was out at the firework show

still well done Lewis and Massa, they both did very well and im with doughty im a bigger Massa fan now
Old 03-11-2008
Mad Member

Am I the only one in here to think that Lewis hamilton drives like a prick and doesn't deserve to be a world champion? Nor Massa to be honest.

This season has been full of mistakes by the top drivers, the only guy who really deserved to be WC is Kubica and if BMW had bothered carrying on developing the car for his title challenge he'd defo be WC, or Alonso had the renault been at its actual level of competitiveness from the start of the season.

And for the record, Glock being on old dry tyres and with the hill after the last corner being that wet it's a fucking good job he stayed on the track, it must have been like driving on ice with drift tyres...
Old 03-11-2008
Lee-Mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabs View Post
Am I the only one in here to think that Lewis hamilton drives like a prick and doesn't deserve to be a world champion? Nor Massa to be honest.

This season has been full of mistakes by the top drivers, the only guy who really deserved to be WC is Kubica and if BMW had bothered carrying on developing the car for his title challenge he'd defo be WC, or Alonso had the renault been at its actual level of competitiveness from the start of the season.

And for the record, Glock being on old dry tyres and with the hill after the last corner being that wet it's a fucking good job he stayed on the track, it must have been like driving on ice with drift tyres...
Thanks for clearing that up Fabs

Yes Kubica Would have been WC if he had of got more points and won more races than anyone else but then again so would have Jenson button, the fact of the matter is they didnt

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 03-11-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

lol! Hell yeah.

Kubica is a good driver, and he may deserve to be the world champ, but he isnt cos the car sucks....so that point doesnt really make any sence.

The way I see it, Lewis is the only one with the bollox to drive aggressively, whilst the rest are too busy worrying if thier sponsors logos on their suits are looking nice and uncreased.

And..how can Alonso deserve to be a champion after publically saying that he would do everything he could to stop Lewis?
How childish can you get?

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 03-11-2008
Spends too long on oOple ...

to be fair though, Hamilton had to fight all the way, on his own, as his team mate must of been stopping at the drive through each race!! Where at least Massa (in the latter part of the season) had a rear gunner, and a good one too.

In the end, the luckiest good driver won the championship.
Old 03-11-2008

Just to re-iterate what Fabs said.

Glock was behind lewis in that race until everybody else went in for wets. He didn't pit so ended up in forth but only 20 or so seconds ahead of seb and lewis. With wets they were catching him at 10 seconds a lap so both caught him on the wet part of the circuit two corners from the end. It was good tactics by glock has he still finished 6th higher than he was before the rain. But no cheat, engines money etc. Unfair to show poor old Glock accepting a bung. And I feel for pappa massa thinking his son had done it.

I don't think Mclaren expected anybody to stay out on drys and so didn't factor glock in when they told lewis not to try too hard against seb (seb had the better of him anyway). Then they must have suddenly noticed glock and pooed them selves!

I still think if you put all 20 drivers in karts lewis would win. In GP2 he showed he could do it with identical equipment. He made some mistakes, but who didn't
Old 03-11-2008

Fabs "Am I the only one in here to think that Lewis hamilton drives like a prick?"

Yes.
Old 03-11-2008

What have Felipe Massa and Charles De Menezes got in common?

They both got f**ked by a Glock.
pm me bitch, or is it past your bedtime?
Old 03-11-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Mike Hudson

lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomanic View Post

Old 03-11-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I shouldnt laugh..but im going to. Alot.

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 03-11-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomanic View Post

QUALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-11-2008
Mad Member

All i'm saying is that neither massa nor hamilton had a great season and they both did a great job at trying hard not to win the championship. Had Schumacher still been there or Alonso had a decent car from the beginning of the season, they would have destroyed them two.

Kubica was still in contention with two races to go and in an inferior car as someone stated, and that says it all, he was the best driver of the season IMHO and would have deserved from BMW that they carried on with the car's development.

As for Raikonnen, what on earth were ferrari thinking when they renewed his contract, they should have layed him off and taken alonso instead ! And that coming from a huge Ferrari fan !
Old 03-11-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

Thats rubbish, Hamilton won it fair and square, and where did his team mate finish in the championship? O thats right 7th.... Not only did he win it, he won it with pretty much no help from his team mate what so ever! If you put him in a Ferrari he would more than likely destroy everyone. I think people are just finding it difficult to believe someone in their second year can push the vets so much, at least he adds excitment to the sport rather than the usual procession, something the FIA don't seem to want. O and he did it with prejudice from pretty much everyone, including the organisors, not sure any of the critics would be able to keep stable with the unjust pressure.
Old 03-11-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

Yes Fabs, but it doesn't matter if neither had a great season, at the end of it, Lewis had more points, so therefor, had a better season than everyone else.

And as for Hamilton driving like a prick.??? EH?

What constitutes 'Driving like a prick'? please explain.

Is it...going for passes? taking risks?.....isn't that what makes great racing drivers?

God, give me the old days of F1 anyday, when drivers would take risks, without thinking.. 'Am I going to get penalised for overtaking this guy?'!!
Old 03-11-2008

Schumacher or Alonzo would have 'destroyed' Hamilton or Massa?

Computer says no.
Old 03-11-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

I would have like to see Schumi against Hamilton.

Both take risks, both aggressive, both good in the wet!

That would've been one hell of a contest!!!

Koveleinen (or however you spell it!) was crap this year.
I was expecting lots of talent from him and in the end, just didn't come up to scratch.
I think at the end, he had no intensions of helping Hamilton at all, as every interview he was in, and was asked the question about helping Hami', he just sort of shrugged, as if to say 'Why should I?'

In a way its better, because Hami' got there on his own.
Old 03-11-2008

Yes - Schumi vs Hamilton - that would be good. No quarter given!
Old 04-11-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabs View Post

Am I the only guy here who thinks you are a prick?!
Old 04-11-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

how did he drive like a prick when he won the WC

Attached Images
File Type: jpg _45167119_hamilton_ap416.jpg (18.7 KB, 62 views)