Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > General Car Talk

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2007
Spends too long on oOple ...

Mr Ideas, may I suggest then, you go look at Atomic Carbon, they have made a conversion for a current car, which yours is, the S4 looks stunning, well finished etc. Just because it is made in your garage, don't mean it has to be rough.
Old 05-05-2007
#1 ZX5 fan

Steve that's hardly fair, look at how much the S4 is, the contacts Jonathan obviously has etc. It's a great car but you have to buy one of the most expensive cars around, then buy the most expensive conversion around, is that then like twice the price of this guys car???
Old 05-05-2007
Mad Member

To give Mr. Ideas his due, the MKI-4 is a significant re-engineering of the XX-4.

Among other things he is running a redesigned transmission and redesigned suspension parts as well as the carbon chassis.

From what I have seen of the Atomic Carbon car it is little more than a chassis conversion, yes it seems to be done to a nice quality but it is the same quality you would expect from their chassis supplier. The only machined parts I can see on it to date are the steering cranks, again that has been done to a good standard. However the transmission and basic suspension components are from a BJ4 but with Losi shocks.

The MKI-4 has a totally different and rather unusual drivetrain layout, to hold that together requires many more custom parts. But I agree that the presentation on some of these parts falls short of what people might expect, regardless of the limited production numbers.

However it is obvious that the car works as it would not get the results it has done to date.

It is just unfortunate that BenG has bought the car. By reading through his posts in this thread you can tell that - to be blunt - he hasn't got a clue.

I'm sure the MKI-4 will survive this minor setback though!
Old 05-05-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
From what I have seen of the Atomic Carbon car it is little more than a chassis conversion
There is a lot more to the S4 than just a new chassis the devil is in the detail.
Old 05-05-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz View Post
nothing personal BenG.. I just think you are a no0b
Are there too many letters in the last word of that quote?
Old 05-05-2007

Dan, it is fair, if the guy wants people to buy it, careless of the price, if the quality isn't up to scratch then it puts people off. Don't get me wrong, I admire those who go out and make their own chassis, and the rough and ready for a homebrew conversion is fina and fair, but to then sell it, thats like Ben selling his B4 thingy conversion..... most people just wouldn't.
Old 05-05-2007
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
.....thats like Ben selling his B4 thingy conversion.....
Isn't that exactly what TYRC intends to do?
Old 05-05-2007

is it, oh my......
Old 05-05-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
well, i've been into buggies sinve I got my TC 4 years ago.

I'll be making more race apperances this year
BUT how many times have you driven off road.
Old 05-05-2007
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
is it, oh my......
Indeed
http://www.oople.com/forums/showpost...11&postcount=1
Old 05-05-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to BenG Send a message via MSN to BenG

ok lets set you lot straight.

1. I'll only sell something commercially viable. You are best buying this direct from Markus.

2. How half of you can comment on me been a 'noob' and 'clueless' tickles me, as non of you will have seen an mki4 in the flesh, let alone after shelling 360+ out, of your own cash. I bet if I said, sell your x10's, bj4we's, xx4's, zx5's, x5's (e.t.c) and get one of these, your 'support' for the mki4 would totter.....

3. I am not selling my b4 convo.

4. The S4 is not even in the same league as the Mki4.

I am sure, when you buy an S4 and build it, you feel happy and contented. The quality is immense.

The mki4 however leaves me with a bitter taste in my mouth, and one of feeling you are actually manafacturing, let alone assembling a kit.

That said, Markus has done well to create this. However, if is built in his garage, then the price does not match.

n0ob that.

By the way, only geeky teenagers say 'n0ob'. If you wish to insult me, please do it less ironically.
Old 05-05-2007
Mini-Jimmy

Send a message via MSN to Mrs oOple

Quote:

By the way, only geeky teenagers say 'n0ob'. If you wish to insult me, please do it less ironically.
Ben, we don't advocate use of offensive language around here due to the number of younger people involved in the hobby, and of course for people who are offended by such words. I believe that noOb in this instance was one persons way of expressing their feelings without causing offence.

Old 05-05-2007
Mad Member

I appreciate that.

However, in this case noob (short for newbie or beginner) offended me, sed person having never seen this car in the flesh.

Somebody even suggesting to take a o out.

That's what I get for trying to save people money, and advuse them about this car.
Old 06-05-2007

Don't worry Ben..my mate will take the MKI4 off you...both my mate and i like the MKI4's design and concept. You and i already have a deal...the MKI4 won't be in your hands for long
Old 06-05-2007
#1 ZX5 fan

Quote:
Dan, it is fair, if the guy wants people to buy it, careless of the price, if the quality isn't up to scratch then it puts people off.

Weren't you always telling people how good that piece of crap academy was for ages, I can imagine that had far more time/money spent on that and the quality of loads of it was rubbish (monkey metal parts, more flex than a gymnast, etc etc). Whilst I'm not an enormous fan of this car I think this guy has done something inovative and is getting a bum deal on this thread.
Old 06-05-2007

Dan thats like you and the X-6, you got to whether you like it or not, when they are offering you stuff, heehee.

Nobody is saying his concept is duff, but his fit and finish leave a little to be desired (a lot in some places) and thats all he would have to do, is make it more presentable and less 'finishing' work required.
Old 06-05-2007

Send a message via MSN to tc2k

Quote:
ok lets set you lot straight.
2. How half of you can comment on me been a 'noob' and 'clueless' tickles me, as non of you will have seen an mki4 in the flesh,

4. The S4 is not even in the same league as the Mki4.
Are you not contradicting yourself, youve probably never built an S4 yourself yet are saying its better. Although it looks better, your jumping to conclusions without owning one, exactly what your criticising people for
Old 06-05-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc2k View Post
Are you not contradicting yourself, youve probably never built an S4 yourself yet are saying its better. Although it looks better, your jumping to conclusions without owning one, exactly what your criticising people for
Perhaps maybe I am. Now you see how impossible it is for anyone to comnent truly on this car, except sebastien, mr. ideas and me.
Old 06-05-2007

I feel Ben should practice certain discretion when describing the MKI4..the stuff he wrote were pretty uncalled for, if it was me..i'll get really pissed too...Ben, i know you're trying to be mr nice guy by warning others not to get the buggy but ultimately it's personal choice...eventhough the MKI4 didnt work out for you, you shouldnt have said what you've said.
Old 06-05-2007
Mad Member

Well said Sherman.
Closed Thread