Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler

Old 26-07-2010

Old 26-07-2010

Bleeding Edge Racing Hotel

only problem is i packed the tent away with my toothbrush and pit spray still inside
Old 26-07-2010
Mad Member

http://oople.com/forums/showthread.p...436#post397436
Old 26-07-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRCi.madpete View Post
Thanks for all the positive comments guys!

The next one will as suggest throw all the trucks in one big melting pot to slug it out...

The control tyre thing would be good if we can get the support of a manufacturer or four... (you listening out there in RC land?), this would work to level the playing field a little and share the grip out to so to speak!

Maybe we run 5 rounds over the next 12 months and use a different tyre for each to give all the companies who could offer a tyre an equal shot?

1: Hot Bodies on Dirt
2: Kourse King on the All weather
3: J Concepts on Dirt
4: HPI on Dirt
5: ProLine On Dirt

Waddaya think guys?

bestones, as ever

mp
Got to say I'm not a fan of the control tyre. My reason. I watched talked and bought some tyre the fast lads were using now I instantly went quicker. And won both legs of the B. My tyres have very little wear and I reckon at least another full meeting. From them. If not two. Control tyre would mean I need to buy a set per round. Upping my costs. That would leave me out of this fun class.
I also used kit fronts so how would that work.
Old 26-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
Got to say I'm not a fan of the control tyre. My reason. I watched talked and bought some tyre the fast lads were using now I instantly went quicker. And won both legs of the B. My tyres have very little wear and I reckon at least another full meeting. From them. If not two. Control tyre would mean I need to buy a set per round. Upping my costs. That would leave me out of this fun class.
I also used kit fronts so how would that work.

Hi Mark,

how about if it was just a pair of rears[for the 2WD class] at a special price for entrants? [subsidised by manufacturers]
The idea is to level the field and keep the cost down.
As a quite experianced racer in other classes,i was very shocked to see how many racers had bought lots and lots of different types of tyres already,that certainly would put off newbies and seasoned racers alike if they thought they HAD to buy all these compounds/tread patterns just to be competative.
There is no doubt SCT`s are a fun class,but if it gets too serious with tyre wars,that will kill it off like it has in many other new classes.
You have to remember,as soon as an interesting class of racing emerges,the manufactuers jump in with loads of hop up options to give drivers the edge and make themselves more money which not everyone has,this turns out to be detremental to the whole thing in the end.

IMO one of the reasons 1/10 offroad has worked really well for years because there is a fairly small amount of tyre choice,people tend to go with what they know works,when loads of manufacturers start vying[sp] for your hard earned,it confuses things and people tend to waste more money because of misinformation and hype.

These are just my opinions,feel free to put your own in and disagree with them if you like,it`s all good feedback for everyone involved or is thinking about these things.

cheers,
S.
Old 26-07-2010

Cool piccys BTW ^^^^
Old 26-07-2010

Send a message via MSN to 1rcdad

I like the idea of a control tyre but it needs to be ready mounted to remove the multiple options of tyre inserts,and there's the rub not all use industry standard 12mm wheel hexes,so people will end up with a control tyre,but buy 4 sets with different inserts,so it becomes costlier than leaving tyres as free choice, providing on sale in this country.
Old 26-07-2010
Mad Member

Give it a few meetings and the best tyre will have emerged so a control tyre won't be needed
Old 26-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisty View Post
Hi Mark,

how about if it was just a pair of rears[for the 2WD class] at a special price for entrants? [subsidised by manufacturers]
The idea is to level the field and keep the cost down.
As a quite experianced racer in other classes,i was very shocked to see how many racers had bought lots and lots of different types of tyres already,that certainly would put off newbies and seasoned racers alike if they thought they HAD to buy all these compounds/tread patterns just to be competative.
There is no doubt SCT`s are a fun class,but if it gets too serious with tyre wars,that will kill it off like it has in many other new classes.
You have to remember,as soon as an interesting class of racing emerges,the manufactuers jump in with loads of hop up options to give drivers the edge and make themselves more money which not everyone has,this turns out to be detremental to the whole thing in the end.

IMO one of the reasons 1/10 offroad has worked really well for years because there is a fairly small amount of tyre choice,people tend to go with what they know works,when loads of manufacturers start vying[sp] for your hard earned,it confuses things and people tend to waste more money because of misinformation and hype.

These are just my opinions,feel free to put your own in and disagree with them if you like,it`s all good feedback for everyone involved or is thinking about these things.

cheers,
S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rcdad View Post
I like the idea of a control tyre but it needs to be ready mounted to remove the multiple options of tyre inserts,and there's the rub not all use industry standard 12mm wheel hexes,so people will end up with a control tyre,but buy 4 sets with different inserts,so it becomes costlier than leaving tyres as free choice, providing on sale in this country.
are we missing the point?
im sure im like more than 70% that entered in the fact that i did it for fun, not to win.
as i said kit tyres did not work well, i borrowed some goosebumps but they still felt odd, got some hpi attk tyres and fitted them and the kit inserts to some rear wheels, job done, to top it all i won a pair in the prize giving. i now know they work round there wit hthe set up on my truck. im more than happy to race again as i have them, the class needs miminal rules and if your going to spec control tyres, control inserts your creating rules that need policing, and rules take away the fun!

im happy with what i had on as im sure are many others, now if tony truman had proline XYZ on im not going to buy some just because i think it will make me beat him.........
the other problem is pick the wrong tyre because its the best deal and it does not work you have instantly killed the class

my personal view, it was spot on as it was. needs no more rules, just add dates.
Old 26-07-2010

i think the only reason so many people bought tyres on the day is the fact
no one really knew what worked, most that showed up still had the kit rubber fitted.
maybe a price limit to tyres would be better, any insert/wheel combo allowed?

we need a date for the next one
Old 26-07-2010

I`m fine with no rules Whens the next one then?
Old 26-07-2010
Mad Member

What would people think to mass starts in qualifying?
Old 26-07-2010

would be great if they come out anything like the finals

Old 26-07-2010

Series, yes please!! 4 from 5 rounds to count sounds about right to me at this point in time. Extended 2 legged finals of 7 or 8 minutes seemed to work pretty well

Yes the slashes should be run with the other 2wd's in future!

4wd's should of course be run as a separate class, but there is a problem with numbers right now, I think there where just 3 or 4 out of the 40 entrants!

No to a control tyre, it's to limiting at this point in time especially with the various surfaces available for racing on in the UK.

More trophies! 1st, 2nd and 3rd for all finals would be good! A better pre-booking system would help here!

I'd leave the rules fairly simple, Tyres must be for a SCT maximum outer bead 2.2", maximum inner bead 3.0", 2 cell Lipo or 6 cell Nimh, and a full SC truck body shell that covers all 4 wheels.

Job done, massive fun on demand
Old 26-07-2010

First off road meeting in 15 years and have not stopped smiling since....

More of the same please...
Old 26-07-2010

Big thanks to all that made it happen. Great fun!

Was good to get some dirt track running in and enjoyed attacking Dez's SC8 with the B4!

Think the format worked well. Only tweak I would do is to put all 2wd SC's together and 4wd separate. No need for a control tyre as you don't get the grip with an SC to wear them out in one run.
Old 26-07-2010

The only thing i can see with a lot of trophy's is we'd have to pre book everyone and not take anyone on the day or only just a few so we knew numbers
Old 26-07-2010

to be fair id rather have a prize than a trophy!!
Old 26-07-2010

That to me was the best moment of the day, watching a B4 attacking an SC8 and winning!! very brave of Dez to take it on, one of the best days racing i have been to, everyone seem so chilled out and having loads of fun, I would love to see more of this happening, winter series sounds like a good idea.
Old 26-07-2010

Watching the B4 going round has given me some ideas It seemed to cope pretty well on the track especially considering the worn state that it is in atm. It handled the doubles with ease

Now if the track had been fresh from it's yearly work over...

Now back on topic...