Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Old 09-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
Forums are great for desk jockey racers.

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 10-02-2010

what is wrong with soft cased lipo?? its easier to see if pack is failing and as long as they are protected from possible damage by the edge of a chassis or a battery box then what is the problem. not a good idea to turn micro's over to just a few name brand manufacturers for its batteries, i would rather not do a meeting than spend an extra £30 plus per pack just to have it in a plastic box with a name on it, besides that my chassis probably wouldnt take a hardcase lipo
Old 10-02-2010

Some clubs will only allow you to run lipos that are on the BRCA EB list. The proposal was never intended to disallow people running soft cased lipos at the Nationals, just to allow people who race at the the afforementioned clubs to be able to race with lipos, rather than having to have 4-5 sets of nimhs at their club, and lipos at the nationals.

If you read the whole thread then it should hopefully make sense, unfortunately, some people simply like to stir things.
Old 10-02-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Forums are great for desk jockey racers.
As opposed to what? Hard as nails toy car racers?
Old 10-02-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

point proven...
Old 10-02-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
point proven...
course it has
Old 10-02-2010

SLD Models has posted up an idea, all be it a little odd, and rather than 'discuss' it, you straight away jump on their post, just like you did above, I just assume then, that you jump down peoples throats when you are chatting and disagree? All it has ended up doing, is being petty.
Old 10-02-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
I just assume
That's where you are very wrong. We have discussed Sarah's ideas at length on the micro forum. Sarah upset a few people there and so ended up getting banned from that forum. Then she comes on here and starts the whole thing over again only for you, who don't race micro's at all to come and interject your opinions on MICRO specific BRCA proposals which don't in any way affect you but it very much affects us that actually race micro's.
Old 10-02-2010

I have raced Micro, at club level, and it just didn't appeal, and if you actually look what I have posted, it has been unbiased towards either side. If she is a member of the BRCA, she has a right to propose a rule change, it still got to pass voting at your AGM, so all this posturing and arguing, is mute really.

I understand Sarah's issue's, but I think pushing a rule change in the Micro section, is the wrong way to be going, and needs to consult the clubs, and get a rule change there, this reminds me why I didn't like Micro, to uch like nitro... all head strong.

oh yes, did the national at Cardiff, and the two Micro X there too
Old 10-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
all head strong.
You say head strong, I say passionate..

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Old 10-02-2010

There is a sound about that... you say TomAto I say tomato... lol
Old 10-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to millzy

I say none of this is helping
Old 10-02-2010

Frogger - I was reffering to the transmitter compounds, I don't like them at all. My transmitter is allready cosmetically damaged (the 2.4 aerial) so didn't want to risk it getting damaged. Also, I noticed at the first meeting of the season that 80% of the drivers there we're on 2.4gig, so the reason behind the transmitter compound might have been valid at the time it was proposed, but I don't think it is anymore.

As for upsetting people, who have I upset? I'll apologise to them. If it's just Cosie doing his Alonso impression then tough. I got banned for reasons still unexplained to me.
Old 10-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

All hail the number 1 keyboard warrior.

All mouth, no trousers.

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Old 10-02-2010

Yeah, very constructive reply Cosie, what's that contributing to the debate, and how dare you call me that. Do you know how much time and effort I put into Dudley? No is the answer. I'm sick of you running your mouth and running me down on practically everything I have to say or offer. I've only ever wanted to help since day 1 of me being involved, and had to put up with your crap since then too.
Old 10-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

You talk such crap!
I havent replied to a single one of your posts in ages, yet according to you I run you donw on everything you do? How does that figure?

Like I said, all mouth. You had your chance to say your piece to me at Dudley and you didnt, infact you didnt even look at me once yet you feel compelled to come onto the forums and slate me?

Give it a rest Sarah, its boring. If you need to give me shit just to make yourself feel/look better than fine, im down for that...hell you can say whatever you like about me cos at the end of the day your opinion, to me, means squat.

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Old 10-02-2010

I didn't say anything to you, and you didn't say anything to me. The only time I've mentioned you here is when frogger said I'd upset people. To date, I still don't know who I've been accused of upsetting or even what I'm supposed to have done. I made the point of saying that if it was you then tough, you've done plenty of things to upset me so I really don't give a crap about that.

Now where's the iggy button.
Old 10-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0sie View Post
All mouth, no trousers.
Very true and well said dude.

My answer to
Quote:
Originally Posted by sldmodels View Post
Some clubs will only allow you to run lipos that are on the BRCA EB list.
is theres NO LIST with MICRO lipos on so stop going on about it and just use nimh at that club or go somewhere else, its that easy.

If they wanted your money they would be ok with you using what you got, or maybe they just dont want you there.
Old 10-02-2010

I've gone through the lipo issue before, it's not the club that has the problem it's the venue. The venue is an electrical component manufacturer. I think they might know more about power systems than some people on certain forums.

And, you expect me to fork out for 4-5 sets of nimhs per year, and 2 sets of lipos per year? I've checked in the mirror, and just to confirm, I'm not actually made of money, and the money tree outside my window was cut down last year.

I stopped going on about lipos ages ago, I'm not just patiently waiting for the LRP lipos to come onto the list.
Old 10-02-2010

Quote:
Frogger, I would be more than happy to pay the £47 for the LRP lipos.
Erm, thats not what you said earlier.

Quote:
3 "Only Hard cased lipos that are on the BRCA Approved battery list maybe used. Any non-hard cased lipos or Nimh battery may be used"
As I said there is NO list and that is about hard case lipo's.

If you stopped advertising the fact that you use lipos at this club (or want to use them) and just raced with them no one would bother you. Its not like anyone would be able to tell.