Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > General Car Talk

Old 30-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4nut View Post
The risk of cloning is high, one company i worked for subbed out manufacture of a product to a company in china,
we ordered 50,000 units and had to pay for the tooling and set up etc...
they made 100,000 units and sold the other half as unbranded copies.
If they have done this then they could do anything with the price, I have to admit that for a ridiculously cheap price I would be very tempted for a reserve/spares car. I would've also have been tempted to buy it and not bother with the Durango if I was in that position. If the above quote is true for the Durango then it would be the same quality. It's going to be interesting to see what Durango will do with production now.
Old 30-03-2010

A lot of people just assume the Durango are made in China, which is so not true...
I have translate the Team Durango statement in to chinese and post it in the chinese web-site. Most people are oppose it, but sadly, some of them are waiting for it...
Guys, R&D cost is somthing very hard to calculate, a rip off like this is so wrong, there are no way anyone should support behaviour like this...It's sad and sick...
Old 30-03-2010

Where is it made then? I'm going to have a look at the box when I get back from work. If it's not China then they'll have to tool up for production and the cost of the rip off will go up as well as the quality dropping.

Don't get me wrong if you read my earlier posts I'm not in support of it but the feeling also looks like if the kit is of good quality and is cheap then it will gain acceptance as in other scales. I think Durango will stay ahead due to the support but also if the do an ongoing development for the car. In house manufacturing might not be the cheapest initially but it's the way to go in the long run. I'm sure that's the long term goal anyway.

I have to hold my hand up though and say that if is made on the same line with the same materials then at much less than half price I would be tempted, I'd feel guilty but .......
Old 30-03-2010

Yes, you sghould be able to found it in the box, it's made in Taiwan. There's no way the rip off are coming from the same line with the same mold.....
Old 30-03-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to dave g

i think someone else mentioned the heli scene earlier on in the thread and how copying was almost the norm.

the align trex 450 was the daddy of the 450 helis,then a few copies came out and the best was the copterx..it was an exact copy,and in someways better,it flew as good if not better.

now the story i heard was that the company who made the copterx originally made the align trex450 parts,they fell out and the company then made the copterx,hence an exact copy.

align could do nothing about this but they happily exist side by side in the heli market..so while its disgusting that someone can steal someones hard work so easy,it may not be the end of the world,as in the heli world people who bought the cheaper trex 450 clones would replace with genuine align trex450 parts as parts wore out...so while they didnt have maybe the mass heli sales cornered,the spares that they sold must have increased a lot.
Old 30-03-2010

After looking at the pics on the top toys website no one will buy the copy over the "R Spec" because:-

1) It looks nasty.
2) The second hand value will be non existant.
3) You've got to be on smack to think they look the same!
4) There will be subtle differences which means parts more than likely won't be interchangeable.
5) The metal will be made of cheese.
6) I seriously doubt the drivetrain parts are interchangeable so when they wear out finding replacements will be impossible.
6) No UK distributor in their right mind would touch it because selling this cheap tat would do more harm than good even if Durango didn't threaten them.

Durango didn't need to issue the press release the pictures of the chinese poop buggy say it all.

All Durango have done is given the copy free advertising because people are now interested in it.

Will anyone buy it????? Me thinks not.
Old 30-03-2010

And you base those comments as someone that has seen one firsthand or because you have looked at some pictures on the internet like everyone else?

How on earth can you state as facts points that are purely opinion and supposition.

No one as yet knows what the quality will be like or anymore information than, the fact that it appears that a manufacturer elsewhere in the world has publicised images of car that appears to be a copy of the durango.

X4TE
X2C
Old 30-03-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpackster1980 View Post
After looking at the pics on the top toys website no one will buy the copy over the "R Spec" because:-

1) It looks nasty.
2) The second hand value will be non existant.
3) You've got to be on smack to think they look the same!
4) There will be subtle differences which means parts more than likely won't be interchangeable.
5) The metal will be made of cheese.
6) I seriously doubt the drivetrain parts are interchangeable so when they wear out finding replacements will be impossible.
6) No UK distributor in their right mind would touch it because selling this cheap tat would do more harm than good even if Durango didn't threaten them.

Durango didn't need to issue the press release the pictures of the chinese poop buggy say it all.

All Durango have done is given the copy free advertising because people are now interested in it.

Will anyone buy it????? Me thinks not.

me thinks your the only one on that!!!!
Old 30-03-2010
Mad Member

For me part of owning the car is in the badge. I'm very proud of the cars I run so brand loyalty is high on my agenda. Lets hope people take the same view.

Clown
Old 31-03-2010

Default It's always about the money.

If the photo's are of the actual product, then anyone that purchases one of these blatant rip-offs will be helping alien crap screw Team Durango. I am in no way "proud" of any of the rc's I own (someone else designed them/did all the hard work, all I did was put them together), but, I am proud of the fact, that I'll never willingly help one company rip off another.
If there were no copyright laws, alien crap would still be wrong to do this, so don't be guilty of helping them, by purchasing one.
Old 31-03-2010

Can you guys stop talking about this already, I've seen this thread soo many times I'm going to buy one just to see whats the hype about. Its a copy don't buy and cancel this thread!!!:thumbdo wn:
Old 31-03-2010
Thieving scumbag

what curency is the price in if it is in yen then the car works out at £71 surely not
Old 31-03-2010

Its chinese dude.. So it wont be Yen i dont think??

MK Racing
Horizon Hobby UK
Team Losi
Old 31-03-2010

1 Chinese yuan = 0.0967322549 British pounds

X4TE
X2C
Old 31-03-2010
Thieving scumbag

Quote:
1 Chinese yuan = 0.0967322549 British pounds
but then the "cheep rip off" is £900
Old 31-03-2010
Thieving scumbag

oops double post
Old 31-03-2010

Quote:
How on earth can you state as facts points that are purely opinion and supposition.

No one as yet knows what the quality will be like or anymore information than, the fact that it appears that a manufacturer elsewhere in the world has publicised images of car that appears to be a copy of the durango.
I base it on the pics and purchasing alloy parts and other chinese so called upgrades in the past.

The alloy is normally of poor quality so it's no where near as durable, it wears out quick and generally poor fitting.

Carbon fibre is normally not the expensive woven type but pressed type and not as strong.

Do you think the plastic they use will be exactly the same as durango? Nope.

If they have done this which they more than likely have done based my experience it shouldn't go the same or even handle the same.

Buy one so i can laugh at you!

As for brand loyalty I don't race a Durango I run a B44, cheap, cheerful and honest.
Old 31-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRD View Post
I'm very proud of the cars I run

How can you be proud of them old nails!!
Old 31-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpackster1980 View Post
I base it on the pics and purchasing alloy parts and other chinese so called upgrades in the past.

The alloy is normally of poor quality so it's no where near as durable, it wears out quick and generally poor fitting.

Carbon fibre is normally not the expensive woven type but pressed type and not as strong.

Do you think the plastic they use will be exactly the same as durango? Nope.

If they have done this which they more than likely have done based my experience it shouldn't go the same or even handle the same.

Buy one so i can laugh at you!

As for brand loyalty I don't race a Durango I run a B44, cheap, cheerful and honest.
What i said and what i will say again is that you have no factual information to base that assessment on.
I have no desire to buy one as i have already commited to a car for this season, i am purely interested to see what will happen, the durango is a premium brand, in a niche market i am unsure as to the impact this will have.

I respect your right to an opinion and the opinion that you put forward, i only disagree with opinion stated as fact.

X4TE
X2C
Old 05-04-2010

Just looked at the copy pics again, I have to admit it's breathtaking how blatant the copy is.