Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals

Old 14-12-2007
LeeOtard

i could acutally do something like that!
Old 14-12-2007
Administrator

a 2nd rate series for amateurs would be good I struggle for entries and vicky really struggles at nationals
Old 14-12-2007
LeeOtard

oooooooo i feel a task coming on!!!
Old 14-12-2007
oOple Tattoo Dancer!

pidge do u have a postcode for ur track and do u have a meeting on there before 12 of january SORRY about change of subject but go on pidge get somthing sorted
Old 14-12-2007
LeeOtard

depends on weather! think its going to be too rubbish to hold a meeting mate.

RG19 8LR
Old 14-12-2007

What are Kiddy doing to the track (building cost) new lay out or sorting the drainage out.
Was really looking forward to Going to CML.
Lee sort out a free weekend where no racing is on and put on an event. Get some big name drivers and sponsors, make it the event of the year.
Have it to a different format to the national series.
Oswestry needs some modding with the help of a JCB?
Paint by Wezzer.
Old 14-12-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

A full weekend race at CML would be very cool. Im offering my services for the hard work of getting it done!
Old 14-12-2007

How about on a Bank Holiday weekend. 3 day race meeting
Paint by Wezzer.
Old 14-12-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

Or race sat/sun, and all go out on the lash sun night!
Old 14-12-2007
Smirnoff Ice dancer

Send a message via MSN to ben

"Oswestry needs some modding with the help of a JCB?"I dont think they own the land they use for the national track. Dont quote me on this though
Old 14-12-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieF View Post
Given the number of questions on here relating to why the National Venues listed were chosen I thought it best to try to explain the selection process.
The process is democratic and those voting consist of the 10 Regional Reps, Drivers Rep, Secretary, Referee, Treasurer and the Timekeeper (15 in total). On the night of the meeting this year, four regional reps and the timekeeper did not attend, so a total of 10 voters were present (the section Chairman does not vote unless there is a tied vote which he would resolve).
The selection process began with a presentation on behalf of each club applying (normally by the appropriate Regional Rep) to ensure the committee have full details of all aspects of the venue such as track surface, track features, location, onsite catering, pitting area, toilets, accessability, hotels and restuarants etc.
Following presentations the End of Season Final venues were voted on as follows:
BRC/Juniors/Veterans (total 10 Votes) Eastrax 4, Talywain 3 and Holbeach 3. Eastrax selected.
F345 Finals (total 10 votes) Coventry 5, Talywain 3 Oswestry 2. Coventry selected.
National Series (total sixty votes) Holbeach 5, Kidderminster 10,Oswestry 8, Stotfold 10, Southport 10, Talywain 7, Eden Park 8, CML Raceway 1, Clanfield 1. Kidderminster, Oswestry, Stotfold, Southport, Talywain and Eden Park selected.
It is difficult to please everyone all the time and as shown above there are bound to be disapointments, however I am sure you will all agree that the selection process was fair and above board (by the way the vote counting takes place in front of the whole committee to gaurd against accusations of manipulation).
In closing I can comfirm that there were no late National applications, Kidderminster awaited buildings work costings so was not mentioned at the AGM (in case it had to withdraw on cost grounds) and the Southport application arrived while the Committee attended the AGM (not late but not mentioned either).
I hope this goes some way to explaining how results come about and gives some assurances that the BRCA Committee are trying to to do the best possible job for all drivers taking part in the National Series and EOS Finals.
Regards
Charlie Fraser
Sec. BRCA 1/10th Off-Road Section.

How come CML and Clanfields only managed 1 vote each, did they not put on a presentation?
Old 14-12-2007
Spends too long on oOple ...

The problem we have chris is the 3 meter wide rule the track has to be 3 meters wide as you problerly well know im 90% confident that some parts of tracks such and kiddy bury etc arent 3 meters. So its hard trying to get some good sections though there where you have to turn. We did have the track tighter butfriday afternoon we where told we had to open it up more because it was something like 2.8 instead of 3 meters. But i didnt enjoy this years national track at all i hated the stupid wood under the astro fortunatly i didnt get the pleasure of the blue pipes as i didnt run practise. I hate big open tracks i preffer to have to use full lock instrad of hardly having to turn. But this year we have a diffrent track designer well we dont have just one we all have a say on it.

A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post
None of the thin blue pipe on corners, not even under astro, it takes the skill out of cornering and makes it a lottery.

Fast chicanes, jumps in the right places (and not just a wedge type one, put a curve between the ramp and track, laps not too long so you can't remember what corner is coming next, not too wide, not too narrow. Don't make all corners 90deg or 180deg (thats for the 2D racers), have some curve variance, sweeping, and tightening bends.

But its all well and good asking us on here for suggestions, but the truth is how can you include all the suggestions in 1 track? you can't. Its best just to start from scratch and don't have loads building the layout all taking care of their own 20ft x 20ft square - start from the start and lay the track one corner at a time... then when the lap is complete, stand back and look at it, even have someone drive it (someone not in the national ofcause) and then adjust the layout (& it will need adjustment, its never great first time)

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 14-12-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe View Post
Oswestry needs some modding with the help of a JCB?
Agreed, but leave the Chinese takeaway alone, the rest can go, start again.
Old 14-12-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyb4 View Post
we dont have just one we all have a say on it.

A
So long as all work together and do 1 corner at a time, like I said, if not then it means the track has been built disjointedly, less opinions have gone into each corner and we end up with a right broth.

As for track width, perhaps a proposal for the 2008 AGM is in order? Southport, Kiddy and Bury all have narrow sections to the rules, but practically the tracks are all fine, so perhaps the width rule needs reducing? I could be wrong, its upto us to propose and vote the ruling though.
Old 14-12-2007

Yes all clubs were presented to the committee, but enough of this, lets look to the future!
As regards Adam and John's internet based driver's National track voting system, yes I can see it would be possible with the right expertise to set it up and to administer/moderate the system. And yes I can just about see how it could be cross-referenced to the BRCA membership list and who has done what nationals in what years and are therefore allowed a vote.
Where I have dificulty is who has this expertise and also the time to develop the system on behalf of the section and can then progress to administation of same. What I do know is that such skills are extremely limiled amongst Committee members - perhaps only one regional rep I can think of would be capable perhaps. Certainly, neither myself or the Chairman possess such skills so it is difficult to know how to take the idea forward.
What would be excellent, would be some of you computer wizards to develop a system then present it to the committee during 2008 so that a view can be taken on practicability before the next AGM.
It would need to be a well worked proposal and would certainly need committee input at the start, to try to ensure that all aspects of a proposed venue were considered (e.g. no point going to the best drivers track in the country if there are no hotels close by or no toilets on site) by the voting system.
OK. There is the Challenge - ......discuss........
Old 14-12-2007
Mad Member

Has there been anything done about the camping situation at Kiddy as it is very cramped there, the same at stotfold as well. It is a shame that CML didnt get in as it looks like a fantastic venue but some places had to miss out. Not having southport or Kiddy would be like not having Monaco in F1.
Old 14-12-2007
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Skelding View Post
Maybe it's time for a change and let the drivers decide where they want to race.
Let the BRCA accept applications for nationals by a certain date. NO exceptions.
Scrutinise for suitability of Venue.
BRCA put forward a list of suitable venues.
Then at the end of the year, the drivers who completed 3 or more rounds of the previous years national championship vote on the tracks for next years meetings. All data to be transparent and visible...........

Sound interesting, maybe it should go in as a proper AGM proposal next year. The proposal will obviously need to contain more detail, such as who is going to volunteer to administer it and exactly how the votes will be cast & counted.

It would certainly benefit those from regions that do not have someone willing or able to represent them at the meetings.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 14-12-2007
BANNED

You beat me Charlie.

It would not be difficult to create a bit of a PHP form that will send votes via email from a web page. I imagine the security issue would difficult, to ensure that the votes were actually coming from the correct person.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 14-12-2007

I agree Charlie this should be dropped now But I will Take you back to the conversation we had at Eden Park 7 days after the AGM. Also 12 months ago
when it was agreed by the committee that the rules should not be broken and CML were not allowed to be involved with the voting process.

Is this going to become Pidgegate.

I still find the situation is very bad for the coming year, I hope it does not come back to Haunt you in the future.

I have had my say I will depart,

Good luck in 2008.

Very un-happy BRCA Member
Old 14-12-2007
Mad Member

Oswestry.. only club to ever have a band i think? quiz the following year. Bar both years. Largest pitting area? Fenced off. No locals stealing your stuff. hard standing available if very wet. Track on bank so it has to rain VERY hard to be flooded. Most over subscribed national for 2007, even though it was mid holiday season. covered transmitter compound.

We cannot dig up the grass as we not own it. Last year the track construction took ten hours and it rained non stop all day (that was a friday of course and we all took the day off work).

N