Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

Old 30-06-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge View Post
If this annsman cars a copy of the RB5, Then the RB5 is a copy of a B4 gearbox, Steering Ackerman, rear tower....as they are almost identical to a B4, i know as i help Nick build his.

Then RB5 must have also copied the losi Chassis...as this is also the same as a losi. Same body mounting points and everything.........

so is the RB5 a copy?
Exactly, you hit the nail on the head there! It can't be a copy of a Kyosho and B4 unless the Kyosho is also a copy!

For me, once your doing your own mouldings/mounting methods etc etc, even if based on an existing concept (even closely), then it's fine. It's when you just exactly copy it becomes dodgy!
Old 30-06-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge View Post
If this annsman cars a copy of the RB5, Then the RB5 is a copy of a B4 gearbox, Steering Ackerman, rear tower....as they are almost identical to a B4, i know as i help Nick build his.

Then RB5 must have also copied the losi Chassis...as this is also the same as a losi. Same body mounting points and everything.........

so is the RB5 a copy?
No,

There is a difference between using proven solutions to create something new and copying a design.

Yes the RB5 has a rear end very similar to the B4, and a front end very similar to the LOSI. But they are in no way identical in the way they're built. You WILL NOT be able to put any part from the RB5 on the B4 or XXX-CR.

For example, you mention the gearbox of the B4, but the RB5's won't fit on a B4. I can garantee the Ansmann gearbox will fit the RB5, and if it doesn't it'll be so close you might be able to with a little bit of work. As a matter of fact I wouldn't be surprised if you could slap the ansmann's entire rear end on a RB5 T-plate (with the scception of the rear motor guard whic is mounted the other way round). And same goes with the front.

The Ansmann is plainly a knock off RB5, 60% of the parts will fit the car, it's built in exactly the same way, only on some of the parts changes were made, mainly screw holes were moved.

Now there's nothing wrong with ansmann filling up a market segment left open by Kyosho (who haven't released a cheap RB5 let's face it), but don't go tell me it's not a blatant copy.

And for the record I am repeating myself here and it's starting to annoy me how people read whatever they want to read. I only pointed out why the car can be so cheap, not knocking the car off in any way. So if you have any further comment about how it's not a copy just keep it for yourself.
Old 30-06-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

In all seriousness to fix the t piece problem then, why can't an rb5 t piece be used? Different hole positions or something??
Old 30-06-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I believe thats already been tried.
They don't fit.
Because they aren't the same as the RB5.
Because its not a direct copy.

(this is getting a bit dull....)
Old 30-06-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG28 View Post
In all seriousness to fix the t piece problem then, why can't an rb5 t piece be used? Different hole positions or something??
The holes to mount the T-Plate on the chassis are in a different place, it's "only" the part behind the front suspension mount that is identical.

Same goes for the parts that mount on the front of the chassis to make up the front end, they have different holes positioning so that some people can say it's not a copy.
Old 30-06-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Pack it in, FFS, I couldn't care, if it was a copy or not, whether it is close... or not, to be honest, this is detracting from the car itself, but going down the plagirism route.

In the end, yes, the car is very much an RB5 re-jigged, no, RB5 parts wont screw on, but I bet the wishbones would fit, I know my DB-01 wishbones fit, on the rear... I don't give a fig tough.

Ansmann X Pro - Team C 2wd - RB5, all very similar, lets just get over arguing about it. No matter what we do, or say, the car has been based on the RB5, when I built mine, I was referring to Jimmy's review of the RB5 and thought... yeap, the same, but different.
Old 30-06-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I did just mean it as a serious question/potential fix!!
Old 30-06-2009
LeeOtard

Fabs,

DeNiles not just a river in egypt....
Old 30-06-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to millzy

no its a pizza place in cardiff
Old 13-07-2009

just starting to build up my ansmann x-pro truck kit, and noted some small things here :
- diff gear is the same as RB5's
- idler gear is NOT the same as RB5's
- diff ring is the same size as Xray touring cars'

on a side note here, i noticed the shock piston's holes are drilled with a tapered shape on 1 side which means it has a concave shape. so which side should the piston with a bigger opening face, shock top or shock bottom? and why? pardon me for asking these questions here as i'm a noobie in offroad...
Old 13-07-2009

pistons are probably moulded, and the taper is a result of that, and it doesn't matter which way up/
Old 13-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
pistons are probably moulded, and the taper is a result of that, and it doesn't matter which way up/
the pistons are white teflon pieces, not molded types.
Old 13-07-2009

still, there is some people who will say, that it is a tuning option, in the end, the oil still has to pass through the small hole, so flow rate is the same, which ever way up, it is.
Old 13-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
still, there is some people who will say, that it is a tuning option, in the end, the oil still has to pass through the small hole, so flow rate is the same, which ever way up, it is.
But the coefficent of discharge will not be!

Start with the small side of tapered hole uppermost
Old 13-07-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post

thats ace
Old 13-07-2009

but as the fluid has to pass a restrictive hole, and as a fluid is not compressable, it will flow at the same rate.
Old 14-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post

care to explain a bit more on this, what's the rationale behind this vs using big side of the tapered hole uppermost? thanks...
Old 14-07-2009

co-efficient or not, fluids are not compressable, so will still only pass through the piston hole at the same speed.
Old 14-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Some fluids are compressable (depends on system pressure obviously), although shock oil @ pressures in an RC shock isn't one of them.
Edge condition has an on instantaneous flow through orifices, a principle we often exploit in my line of business. Remember the oil flow around the shock piston is highly transient.
Old 14-07-2009
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

also a fluid traveling through a hole that tapers down,cant be compressed so it has to accelerate,and a fluid going through a hole that tapers out cant expand so its must slow to fill the same space,IE taper small hole facing to wards the top of the shock will have more pack, than the other way round.