Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > SERPENT

Old 05-05-2017

Default Eos car

I just wondered why jorn neumann appears to be using a hybrid 2wd car with what seems to be an X-ray front end on it at the eos instead of the current lay down serpent 2wd car ?.
Old 05-05-2017

Hi Adey,

It's been commented before that Jorn is a development driver and will generally have prototype parts on his car.

I saw the SDX2 being used last year. It's probably in the pipeline but the SDX4 can also be used as a 2WD under certain conditions.

Things have to be tested and evaluated and parts will be used from other car manufacturers.

I've seen loads of club guys with weird and wonderful versions of this and that.

Yokomo team drivers are using the YZ2 with BMAX parts and YZ4 with the previous 4WD parts. All manufacturers seem to doing the same.
Old 06-05-2017

I suppose it's not worth buying the current mid motor car then if the team are using something different.
Old 06-05-2017

The shaft driven car is for carpet only I believe. I think jorn is the only one racing it at present.

I bought an MH and it is fantastic car. I'm not a team driver or supported in any way. I can thoroughly recommend it.

It's good that a team is looking to innovate and test new ideas. Not all will be successful.

There is a lot of manufacturers who release new cars on a regular basis - Schumacher being one of them.

PR are also developing a shaft driven car and currently offer the FM and MM and the older 4 gear V2 is still around. Some drivers are also using the 4 gear transmission on the FM or MM chassis which is not available to buy as a kit.

The MH offers 2x 3 gear boxes in the kit and you can use 2x 4 gear options too.

Loads of potential from the one chassis.

The car is very tough and easy to work on. There are so many options available in 2wd at the moment. The Serpent will allow you to adapt without having to buy another car.

I can happily recommend the MH and I'm not fussed about any new versions on the horizon as it will be for a different surface, carpet etc.

Mike