Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8th ELECTRIC Off Road

Old 14-04-2009

Send a message via Yahoo to Randy p

John was running our RX8 and T8 with some fresh off the puter software that was setup for reversing since the Caster Buggy he was using required it. John did swap out speedos because it wasn't running properly in reverse. After a few phone calls and emails John was up and running and had no issues after that.
Old 15-04-2009

what is the uk rrp for these?
Old 15-04-2009
Mad Member

Just to clear up the 'some of these blowing up at the Neo'....

I managed to install the RX8/T8 in my car Thursday night minutes before the Neo guys kicked me out for the night.
We went out in practice and having never run an Electric 8th before i didn't know what to expect.
I managed to over jump the large jump in the centre of the track and after a heavy landing the car stopped. Remember i hadn't done any settings or anything it was put in and go!!

When we plugged the car in on the pit table one of the caps blew... nothing major. Due to the heavy impact this may have worked loose and caused a small short. Remember this is why Tekin have been testing them to make sure YOU the end user has the very best. The speedo is not fatal and will be back in use very soon.

I ran my second RX8 for the remainder of the meeting to good success putting the car in the A main, small car issues resulted in a not so high finish after the finals but i can say that people will not be disappointed in the RX8 system... The sensored system is unique to anything else and helped with me being able to apply smooth throttle out of corners. Speed was out of this world... I ended up runnning the 1950kv motor on a 15 tooth pinion and there wasn't much keeping up with it down the straight.

Just like the RS Pro the RX8 is top of it's class... and the T8 motors well.... looks and performance!!

Jim and Randy were always available to help me through the Neo as i was running a reversed software due to the Caster running the motor at the front.. With there help i was able to get the car sorted. Once again showing that Tekin support is 2nd to none.

I will be at various meetings including 10th Off Road Nationals and i will have my Elec 8th with me complete with Tekin system for anyone who wants to try it out.

All the best

John Spencer
Old 15-04-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenner View Post
I will be at various meetings including 10th Off Road Nationals and i will have my Elec 8th with me complete with Tekin system for anyone who wants to try it out.
ooh ooh me first!

Well done on sticking it in the NEO 'A' first time out mate!
Old 04-06-2009

Will these Tekin motors work with the Novak HP Pro ESC?

-S-
Old 05-06-2009

They should work just fine. However they are bigger and can draw more power than the HP may take. We've yet to get any feedback with this setup.
Old 05-06-2009

A little typo in my message there. It's HV Pro, not HP. Anyway;

The kit that I have is the 6.5 turn Novak motor, wich rates at about 3400KV. I'm looking at getting a motor with a little less, more around the 2000KV mark. Wich motor is adviced with the Novak HV Pro ESC for that rating?
Old 05-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by b44_will View Post
what is the uk rrp for these?
The last update we had from Tekin was the start of June and the Rx8 is not yet available for shipping to overseas distributors. There may be the odd unit being used by team drivers though.
Old 05-06-2009
Mad Member

I have the RX8 and 2250 running in my Tekno converted Losi 8T 1.0 and it is fantastic. Just needed a 280mm sensor lead to mount it safely in the Tekno conversion. I have geared it 13/50 and am getting good runtime.
Schumacher KC, KD, CAT XLS, CAT L1 | Team C TM2 V2, TM4, TC02 | JQ The Car | Mugen MBX6 | Losi 8T,8BE 1.5 | Durango DEX-410V4 | FTX Blaze | XRAY M18T | Kyosho STR,Surf Dude,Nexus 30 | Nimrif Makara | MFA Spear | She Devil | T-Rex 450SEV2,250SE | Ark X-400 | Protech Butterfly,Zoom 400 | Ikarus Piccolo | VW T4 | Smart 450 | KC-250 | BoltRC Kraken 5" | Emax Nighthawk 250 | Gravity 250 | S550 | Prusa i3 | TronXY X5A | Must stop collecting stuff!
Old 06-06-2009

We offer motors from 1400kv up to 2650 for buggies. Truggy motors are a bit longer but do fit most buggies and are offered from 1350 up to 2250.

www.teamtekin.com
Old 22-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy p View Post
1/8 Brushless is blowing up world wide.
I've just noticed that's not the best phrase to start with .

I've got an RX8 with the Hotwire software. Just wish Tekin would release a 64 Bit Vista version of the software.