Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8th ELECTRIC Off Road

Old 02-03-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRS View Post
With all the terrible weather my lads not had chance to give the Caster rtr Truggy a good run. Hes had a little mess under cover in an area too small really. It seems bloody quick but we'll see once on a proper track.

The pinion was wearing very fast (even only after 5min use), didnt look like it had been hardened so I replaced it with a Losi one off ebay.

The servo saver is to soft you end up with no steering even with what looks like a decent tension on the spring, had to wind it right up.

Many of the screws on the car were loose & no lock tight so thats something to do if you have one before you run it.

The body is like toffee, practicaly split from nose to tail on his first bump

Thats all for now will report back once its been used in anger
Quote:
Quick update now for you on the Caster Truggy....

First time driven in anger on the track on dry Astro, 2nd lap of practise my son did a 6 ft double jump hit the break to hard flipped the truck over it landed square on its roof. Nothing you havent done before it got marshalled and had lost all drive. Took it back to the table and the front centre drive shaft was rolling around loose inside...strange?

Chassis bent like a bananna!! Must be made of lead I bent it back over the edge of the table as best i could and re fitted the drive shaft. He managed to do a couple of heats before the truck slowed, batterys charged no power, either the Hobbywing esc or motor is gone...

NO MATTER HOW CHEAP DONT BUY ONE

i dont understand how unhappy you are with the caster .. ive had mine for a few months now its been used for most weekends since ive had it ...

mine has been used on my local track and on astro turf , been taken over the 4ft high jump and it lands without hassle at about 30-40ft away ,it runs with a 2650kv motor and it goes like stink

yes like with all cars they need checking and thread locking , the servo saver is loose but again , once its tightened up its ok ... and im still on the original pinion ....

but hey i must have had a good one ... its soo good i have the caster fusion aswell ...

both of my casters love eating losi's and alike for breakfast ...
Old 03-03-2010

Send a message via MSN to BRS

I'm pleased for you I really am Shaun but surely if you read my posts you can see why anyone would be unhappy.

Body broke like egg shell
Chassis bent like a banana
ESC packed in

I think thats cause for anyone to be unhappy on the first time out with it, dont you?

BUT to Pete at Answer RC's credit after a quick email he replied very quickly and is being very helpful in getting the lads truck going again.
The ESC is covered by warranty as long as its not water damaged which it isnt (seems like the BEC is gone). There is a Pro Chassis available made from better grade alloy £55, we'll just have to call that an expensive unlucky crash. The body apparently being made in hotter places doesnt like being under 12degrees so useless in UK!

Fair play to Pete at Answer RC he's gone out of his way to be helpful and give support. I'll let you know how it pans out.
Old 03-03-2010

On Sams side here, i was at NNRC when his lad was racing the truggy, and none of the impacts or tumbles were massive, just what you would expect from a lad on his first time. And i fully understand the dissapointment, especially on his lads face when his car was mainly gaffa tape by the end of the day.

There was also another lad there with the caster truggy and he lasted 1 lap on the first heat before it broke and that was it game over!!

Again fair play to pete for helping sam out. Its nice to see a good backup from the importer.
Old 03-03-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
I'm pleased for you I really am Shaun but surely if you read my posts you can see why anyone would be unhappy.

Body broke like egg shell
Chassis bent like a banana
ESC packed in

I think thats cause for anyone to be unhappy on the first time out with it, dont you?

BUT to Pete at Answer RC's credit after a quick email he replied very quickly and is being very helpful in getting the lads truck going again.
The ESC is covered by warranty as long as its not water damaged which it isnt (seems like the BEC is gone). There is a Pro Chassis available made from better grade alloy £55, we'll just have to call that an expensive unlucky crash. The body apparently being made in hotter places doesnt like being under 12degrees so useless in UK!

Fair play to Pete at Answer RC he's gone out of his way to be helpful and give support. I'll let you know how it pans out.
yeah sorry it was'nt a critisym , i just could'nt understand , why yours had soo many i problems ...

but i do admit the shells are brittle as hell ,i think i also broke mine on the first major jump , it now has a jconcepts hongnor x1crt shell trimmed and fitted
i also had my esc replaced under warenty , it had done a fair few runs , but since it was replaced its been fine ...

my chassis has been ok , no bends etc

there is also a bloke at our track with a truggy , his is all original apart from the servo , and he's not broke anything ....

but hand on heart these aint bad truggys , infact i love mine ... but then saying that with the 2650kv motor its a tad mental , even with the timing and punch turned right down ...