Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > South East

Old 21-11-2012

Default BRCT, re-born

last week-end work started on the new astro track that is going to be the BRCT off-road track.
with gary horn at the controls, this new track will be a major part of the south east 1/10 off-road racing.
The track will be 100% astro so as well as being an all year round track,tyre wear should not be too bad.
keep watching too see how this track grows, and if any-body wants to help it will be good as there are plans for a meeting in the new year.
will try and post pictures of the build later.
Old 21-11-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Good news of another track in the South East.
Where abouts is the track???
Old 21-11-2012

the new track is just out-side Barham on the road towards Elham,
Old 21-11-2012

Brilliant to see Gary getting another track, Barham was amazing and I wish good luck on his new venture, if Barham is anything to go by this will once again get the South East on the map
Old 21-11-2012

Great news guys, that will give us 4 outside tracks in the southeast for regionals in 2013, two grass tracks and two all-weather tracks, way to go south east.
Old 22-11-2012
Mad Member

Steady Lads and Lass'!

New track has to be built, become established and prove itself before we consider if for the Regional series. Would suggest establishment of club, support and facilities (race direction and timing is a massive element these days!) before looking at getting included in the Regional series.
As you all know we need venues to prove themselves capable before they become included in BRCA sanctioned events.

Good luck to anybody that is prepared to dip into the building of a new track, more power to your elbow, many of us have been there in recent years! All I'm saying is that there is more to getting involved in a Regional series than just building a track, whether it is indoors or out!

Oh and NB, I''d like to think that the South East is very much on the map, we have had Nationals in this Region in recent years and attendances continue to be on the up at Regionals, Nationals and End of Season Finals!

http://www.edenparkraceway.com/
http://www.insidelinemodels.com/
http://www.pr-rc.com/
http://www.rcracer.com/
Old 22-11-2012

agree with you steve we are looking to get up and running in 2013 at club level its a good size area we got ample parking loads of pitting area still lots to do.we hope to have the rest of the astro down this weekend or next. one thing we will not be doing is clashing with other local club dates. hopefully this will be a success there is a lot of local interest and like les kerry said we will have some pics up soon rather wait till its all astro is down
Old 22-11-2012

hi guys i am gary horn we are building a new astro track, we have all the timeing gear and track bits. We want to get up and running as soon as possible, aimed at club level raceing, we used to run at national level when we did the onroad track at barham. we hope to get back up there one day. any help to get up and running would be much apreciated. you will find me at boughton wednesdays and caple le ferne fridays
Old 22-11-2012

Fair comment Steve, maybe the year after before they are ready to hold regionals but i,m sure there club meetings will be fun, still gives us 3 outside venues to play regionals at this year and lets not forget one of these tracks is a nationial venue,
Old 22-11-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Cool another venue in the SE, great to see off road so popular!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 23-11-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractor Boy View Post
Fair comment Steve, maybe the year after before they are ready to hold regionals but i,m sure there club meetings will be fun, still gives us 3 outside venues to play regionals at this year and lets not forget one of these tracks is a nationial venue,
4 venues in total, three outdoors with a mixture of surfaces and one indoors will give us a nice spread of venues, tracks, surfaces and allow us to hopefully cope with the vagaries of a typical British Spring/Summer and cater for all our drivers whatever their ability, experience or preferences.

National venue? Do you know something I dont?

Old 23-11-2012
Mad Member

Should be great
Gary's last track was one of the very best in the uk
And nationally
We at DHD were not vetted as far as I know for our regionals
We started along with steve the south east regionals
And long may they continue!
Yes I've been burnt track wise DHD racing remember?
Stupid council! I mean how dare we try to do something constructive for the community , educational and social etc

Good luck Gary
Keep up the good work
Wonderful News
Old 23-11-2012
Mad Member

I suppose the beauty about Gary and his motly crew they know how told hold national and reginal events.

Please don't forget Gary was the back bone of brct for the best part of 10 years and he designed and built a national compatible race track and easily catered for 120 drivers pretty much on a weakly basis

From 2003 he ran
tc nationals
Stcc reginals
Slcc
Club meetings of 90+

For people who don't know Gary very well he will not compromise a good race track and venue.

I will look forward to seing brct on the national calendar very soon.

Stu
Old 23-11-2012

one in-door track? i thought this was off-road and in the summer we should be out-side, not have the problem with two day meetings, one day practise, one day race!!!!
Old 23-11-2012

I think Maritime's track very much should be included in the SouthEast as they are working hard with drivers to evolve and already great venue. Yes, summer time does normally = outdoor racing. But the changup between outdoor to indoor would be interesting to most drivers im sure. Maritime definately should be a regional track in 2013.
Old 23-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme-rc View Post
one in-door track? i thought this was off-road and in the summer we should be out-side, not have the problem with two day meetings, one day practise, one day race!!!!
Hi

Where did you get your info from that there would be a practice day on the Saturday if Maritime Racing got a regional

If we do get asked we will talk to the BRCA rep about the details of a meeting

So please only post facts that you know

thank you

Maritime Racing

Maritime Racing Off Road Wars 4 Winter Championship 2015/16
Book In HERE

Maritime Racing Facebook Page
HERE

Maritime Racing Live TV
HERE
Old 23-11-2012

this was supposed to be a thread on the new barham track not what should or not be included in next years regional series . one thing is for sure with the involement of gary horn who has done it all before to track will be a good one.
also i thought there was supposed to be a vote on what tracks are included ?
Old 23-11-2012

I only replyed on this thread to reply to your post

And as stated if or when Maritime get asked we will reply

As for Gary starting a new I will be glad to see that
As Barham was a great TC track and is very missed

Maritime Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme-rc View Post
this was supposed to be a thread on the new barham track not what should or not be included in next years regional series . one thing is for sure with the involement of gary horn who has done it all before to track will be a good one.
also i thought there was supposed to be a vote on what tracks are included ?

Maritime Racing Off Road Wars 4 Winter Championship 2015/16
Book In HERE

Maritime Racing Facebook Page
HERE

Maritime Racing Live TV
HERE
Old 23-11-2012
Mad Member

After this years weather all I can say is * think drainage drainage drainage*
Old 23-11-2012
Mad Member

Just to clarify, before some individuals get too excited (though I might be a little late by the looks of it, sorry BRCA Committee meeting yesterday evening, just got back from Solihull!) NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING is decided until we have the South East Section 1:10 meeting!
All I know of is the FOUR clubs/tracks that have expressed an initial interest in being involved!
No venues, no dates, nothing about surfaces, tyres or practice, nothing! This will all be up for discussion amongst the participating, invited clubs as and when we have the meeting.

And, before you ask and as mentioned in another recent thread, this is wholly dependant on the BRCA 1:10 Off-Road National selection process, confirmation and publication.

Hope this clarifies now back to the support and development of yet another fine facility in the South East Region!