Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Mardave

Old 20-01-2014

Default New to Forum and not use my RC for years

Hello all,

Im in the process of moving and when going through the loft i found my old RC's and i was just wondering if they are worth anything or if i would be better off letting the Kids have them for some practice (if they worth anything i was going to buy the kids new ones)

I have two Mardave Cobras

Any help would be great

Regards
Old 21-01-2014

Nah, not really worth anything.
Best off letting them play with them I'd say.
Old 12-04-2014

Send a message via Skype™ to Miggers

Go into the Mardave Cobra thread and have a look-see what's in there
if you want to know about Cobras
Old 13-04-2014

The Cobra can be modded into a nice car for club racing with some effort but running anything other than stock motors will require gearbox mods.

Old 14-04-2014

I am also new to this forum. I haven't raced in some time and own some old vintage cars one of which is a cobra. I went to watch the racing at my local club the other night and got the bug back. I remember a couple of years ago a local lad was using a cobra in the buggy heat and nothing got near him. He certainly knew how to drive it. The top cars at the time were the rc10b4 and the losi xxx cr. The track was carpet and he made them look like they were going in reverse. What modifications do people suggest I do to mine to bring it up to date ?.
Old 14-04-2014

Send a message via Skype™ to Miggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggyman View Post
I am also new to this forum. I haven't raced in some time and own some old vintage cars one of which is a cobra. I went to watch the racing at my local club the other night and got the bug back. I remember a couple of years ago a local lad was using a cobra in the buggy heat and nothing got near him. He certainly knew how to drive it. The top cars at the time were the rc10b4 and the losi xxx cr. The track was carpet and he made them look like they were going in reverse. What modifications do people suggest I do to mine to bring it up to date ?.

Wasn't Adey with that missile of his was it???.............................

BTW,here's my pet Cobra fitted with an Ansmann Madrat gearbox and quite a few Associated RC10 B2/3 parts

I could just do with some kind soul bunging me a few nice stickers for it(Proline,etc).

As for modifications,well,if you want to run brushless or a hot brushed, then you'll need to either go Adey's route and fit an RC10B series diff,go my route and fit a complete Madrat 'box or DerbyDan's route and fit a Losi XX 'box.
Most of us use different shocks,it just depends what surface you want to run on too.
Adey's is a rug racer(carpet),Blue's is an astro turf racer,mine is set up for clay/dirt.......
Old 14-04-2014

I did race it at Dudley and it was great but the car was almost standard and killed its driveshafts and diff halves quite often. Nobody believed it was a cobra lol.
Old 14-04-2014

I guess it is you then Adey. I remember it well, that cobra of yours was awsome fast and if I remember correctly you are a seriously fast driver. Do you still run the car ??.
Old 15-04-2014

It's currently having a total rebuild and it will be back. I haven't used the car in approx three years. Thanks for the compliment. I may fit a team powers brushless system in it as it's going to be used indoor and outdoor