Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8th ELECTRIC Off Road

Old 13-12-2009
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James
Default Official (BRCA) Series?

Do you think it can be done in 2010?

On some 8th and some 10th tracks perhaps?

How long until its recognised as a class
Old 13-12-2009
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

not soon enough,
Old 13-12-2009

Just wait a while - hopefully we've got something.
Old 14-12-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

All very cagey, might there be some actual leccy 8th meetings next year then??
Old 14-12-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by smOkin View Post
Do you think it can be done in 2010?

On some 8th and some 10th tracks perhaps?

How long until its recognised as a class
It wont get 'recognised' till someone makes it so.

Someone needs to approach the BRCA, form a Committee and put the graft in.

Good luck to whoever chooses to do that though, all this "nitro only" BS kinda ruins what is supposed to be a new avenue for people to go down if they want to...
I got huge love for nitro RX....huge love, but if the nitro lads are against electric then so be it...let the electric lads do what they gotta do and let them bring a new crop of champions to the front....

In the same way im looking forward to 1/8th electric onroad

If anyone is secretly planning to go to the BRCA about electric 8th RX and wants any advice (for what its worth) feel free to PM me .

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 14-12-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I'd be more than happy to get involved, my main concern is the calender! If you do 10th electric and 8th nitro nationals, plus say either a regional series, how many weekends does that leave for an electric series??
Old 14-12-2009
Mad Member

I reckon they should include some heats of electric only if the meeting is not over subscribed. It would then give everyone longer to prepare rather than having a short round time. We ran at Clanfield this weekend and they went very well. In fact my Losi 8ight 1.5BE drove better than my Losi 8ight 2.0B but then again my OS Speed is getting old
Schumacher KC, KD, CAT XLS, CAT L1 | Team C TM2 V2, TM4, TC02 | JQ The Car | Mugen MBX6 | Losi 8T,8BE 1.5 | Durango DEX-410V4 | FTX Blaze | XRAY M18T | Kyosho STR,Surf Dude,Nexus 30 | Nimrif Makara | MFA Spear | She Devil | T-Rex 450SEV2,250SE | Ark X-400 | Protech Butterfly,Zoom 400 | Ikarus Piccolo | VW T4 | Smart 450 | KC-250 | BoltRC Kraken 5" | Emax Nighthawk 250 | Gravity 250 | S550 | Prusa i3 | TronXY X5A | Must stop collecting stuff!
Old 14-12-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

@Dave, itll come to a point where you'll have to choose which classes are most important to you I guess :/ You oughta PM Marvin if you want to get involved. Sounds like he knows something that we dont

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Old 14-12-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0sie View Post
@Dave, itll come to a point where you'll have to choose which classes are most important to you I guess :/ You oughta PM Marvin if you want to get involved. Sounds like he knows something that we dont
I know, that's why I think it's struggling to get off the ground, at the moment quite understandably it would be very few peoples priority!

I'd personally go for trying to match ROAR rules (5 min Quals, 10 min finals?), leave electric battery/motor choices as free as possible then try and round people up to get enough for a heat!

I'm going nitro myself next year but know of 2 northern series, I'd happily run nitro at one and leccy at the other. If we had some basic rules I'd happily approach those series to try and get a class agreed in principle then see if we can get numbers!?
Old 14-12-2009

Well, there are the rules I wrote up that are on this forum.

There is a possibility of a BRCA 1/8 electric series in 2010, but at the moment we're having to wait.
Old 14-12-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Good on ya fella

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Old 14-12-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

James, i think it'd be great idea. (obviously, now I've got one. lol)

But to be honest, I've even been having a look at nitro rx for something to do next year, just because I like how they feel to drive (handling wise).

Don't some of the RX nats already somtimes clash with the 10th nats, as I can remember some of the top lads being missing from 10th events the other year.

I think, in the long run, electric rx has a longer life span. Its only going to take a few complaints from locals about noise etc, for nitro to be outlawed. Then the nitro lads won't really have a choice.
Old 14-12-2009
RHR RACING

Rallycross will be here for years to come, its been around for 30 years already. I guess there will be a few sites with complaints here and there but there will always be somewhere out of the way that can host it.

electric 8th deserves to be a recognised class in my opinion though and i hope we get a proper national series. It has to start somewhere so even if a slightly off the cuff series takes place a lot will be learnt so we know what will work the following year.

It seems that it appeals more to 10th electric drivers than nitro 8th so perhaps would make more sense to avoid clashing with them rather than 8th rallycross .

Perhaps 4 to 6 races in year one?
Old 14-12-2009

More likely to be about 3 dates - just waiting on Jim Spencer and a certain section now.
Old 14-12-2009
RHR RACING

Sounds great...

Which section? truggy? rallyx?
Old 14-12-2009

I can't say I'm afraid - my mouth is zipped.
Old 14-12-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Can't wait to hear about it, I'll definitely run in any series setup!
Old 14-12-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

ditto!
Old 14-12-2009

Ya i dont know how slow or political BRCA is but roar and ifmar are very slow and political. I had an Ifmar official say 1/8th electric was looking at 2-3 years for full recognition and this was last year. ROAR has some rules that have alot of electric guys here in the states staying away from their races like the plague. (mostly battery rules and a few other things). It has gotten so bad with ROAR, that some Regional ROAR championships (gas & electric) are struggling to have enough for a B main!

Its RC Pro Series here in the America that is beginning to take over ROAR as the predominate racing organization and their electric rules are very stripped down and simple. Basically RC pro rules are the same as the gas cars as it pertains to the dimensions of the car, no motor limits, then you can run 4-6cell soft or hard packs, a few basic safety things and thats it!

I wound not put to much stock in pandering to the gas guys for popularity and acceptance if they are being like you describe. Just create your own series and keep it simple at first (1-3years min) to really allow more racers in and participate. Do it right & dont be cynical to the gas guys. Just show them your having more trouble free fun than them, run faster lap times and you will convert more of them over. That has been the trend here.

In fact you know what? One of you should take this by the horns and start your own RC pro series chapters in England. That way you have a strong credible organization to lead with and all the marketing, advice and racing support as well. I know the Offroad director for RC pro series in the States and can put you guys in touch with him. They will want a solid R/C leader to be director of all of England, a track or 2 that can host the series to start and of course genuine interest and support from the racing community there. So far they have chapters in the U.S., the Caribbean, South Africa, Canada and I heard they are working on a few Asian and European countries since they went International just a few years ago. http://www.rcprosites.com/

Let me know what you guys think.
Old 15-12-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonwipf View Post
Ya i dont know how slow or political BRCA is but roar and ifmar are very slow and political. I had an Ifmar official say 1/8th electric was looking at 2-3 years for full recognition and this was last year. ROAR has some rules that have alot of electric guys here in the states staying away from their races like the plague. (mostly battery rules and a few other things). It has gotten so bad with ROAR, that some Regional ROAR championships (gas & electric) are struggling to have enough for a B main!

Its RC Pro Series here in the America that is beginning to take over ROAR as the predominate racing organization and their electric rules are very stripped down and simple. Basically RC pro rules are the same as the gas cars as it pertains to the dimensions of the car, no motor limits, then you can run 4-6cell soft or hard packs, a few basic safety things and thats it!

I wound not put to much stock in pandering to the gas guys for popularity and acceptance if they are being like you describe. Just create your own series and keep it simple at first (1-3years min) to really allow more racers in and participate. Do it right & dont be cynical to the gas guys. Just show them your having more trouble free fun than them, run faster lap times and you will convert more of them over. That has been the trend here.

In fact you know what? One of you should take this by the horns and start your own RC pro series chapters in England. That way you have a strong credible organization to lead with and all the marketing, advice and racing support as well. I know the Offroad director for RC pro series in the States and can put you guys in touch with him. They will want a solid R/C leader to be director of all of England, a track or 2 that can host the series to start and of course genuine interest and support from the racing community there. So far they have chapters in the U.S., the Caribbean, South Africa, Canada and I heard they are working on a few Asian and European countries since they went International just a few years ago. http://www.rcprosites.com/

Let me know what you guys think.
The BRCA is the bomb

*pops own collar*

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.