Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > East of England

Old 10-05-2011

Default EoE Regional - Rd.3 Sunday 22 May @Coastal - Ipswich

I can't believe how quickly time is flying by!

We are coming up to round 3 at Coastal on the 22nd of May.

There is (weather allowing) an exciting new feature at Coastal. The Dust Bowl. A 10-15 foot section of super loose topsoil for drifting through. I had a go this weekend and was great fun. In fact losing time has never been so much fun!

Please book in as normal through www.brca-eoe.co.uk.

Apart from the features and straight, the track will be unique for the regional and be laid on the day before the meeting for anyone looking to assist and offer some input.

PT's are welcome, handouts are available. Preliminary times are
8.30 gates open
9.30 race starts.
Please check your emails on Saturday 21st as this is subject to change.

Register you details before Wednesday 18th May to ensure you are correctly seeded. Entries received after this are very welcome but you will be in order of receipt. This will enable the system to be loaded before race day, saving us a lot of time in the mornings. Allowing more time to check PT's signals are good and help with queries.

Again. I am really looking forward to this. See you in a couple of weeks!
Old 11-05-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benh View Post
I can't believe how quickly time is flying by!

We are coming up to round 3 at Coastal on the 22nd of May.

There is (weather allowing) an exciting new feature at Coastal. The Dust Bowl. A 10-15 foot section of super loose topsoil for drifting through. I had a go this weekend and was great fun. In fact losing time has never been so much fun!

I know the year seems to be whizzing by far to quickly. Hopefully someone can knock George off the top in 4wd to spice things up a bit and I want a win in 2wd, keep doing all the hard work in qualifying and not making anything of it when the finals come round.

Not too sure I like the idea of a dust bowl, although it will be the same for everyone and if the tracks still on the dusty side I'll be able to make use of some proline's or losi studs that I have kicking around.

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 11-05-2011

It is a nice feature (I promise). I hate getting the car mucky and it was no different to running on a grass track on a hot summers day when it came off.

4WD - I have my sights set firmly on the man Fairweather. I have bagged a couple of safe results, so this round the leash can be taken off the F-Bag. Will it be enough to beat the man. If the moons are aligned correctly, the wind blows from the West, my bearings don't melt and George does one of his magic car builds, then all signs point to maybe.

Then there is Mr Myall. If he puts in a performance, he certainly has the beans and doesn't require the celestial arrangements like I. Simon, might look to transfer his 2WD results into 4. A Watson-Myall, 1-2 would do a lot for the 4WD class from a neutrals point of view. Chuck captain consistency Zipper into a top 3 and it's blown wide open.

But none of the above considers my newly modified LRP Blast in the hands of a certain Richard Swift. If there was ever an each way bet to be had, it's on this horse The Blast is dead, long live the Blast!
Old 12-05-2011

After compiling all the information for the region, a couple of things have lept out at me.

35 Different drivers have taken part.
Only 11 Drivers have completed 2 rounds in 4WD and
7 in 2WD

Also means that I now have the accounts in order and am about to go shopping for more silverware. Categories include: -
2nd place in 4WD after 1 round.
2nd place in 4WD after 2 rounds.
Highest placed CF tub chassis.
Most worthy driver, as voted by the above three winners etc.

Other suggestions include: -
Winner of B Final 2WD
Winner of B Final 4WD
Winner of A Final 2WD
Winner of A Final 4WD
Junior 2WD Champ
Junior 4WD Champ

Although, this will require another surge of entries.
Old 13-05-2011

Should be a good meeting, am sticking the motor up the back; so out with the paints and soldering iron again

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/b4sloth01/
Old 13-05-2011
Mad Member

The stats seem similar to so many years of doing regionals where individually the numbers are really promising, but getting everyone to turn up to each meeting is a different matter.

Hopefully as the series moves forward more racers will want to travel to other venues to enjoy a day of great racing.

Looking forward Coastal in a weeks time, with a few new bits hopefully the cougar will generate some grip

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

Old 17-05-2011

Really looking forward to this, seems ages since the last one! I've heard the UK heatwave kicks off on Sunday too.... so make sure you pack suncream in your pit boxes!
- Frankenstein DEX410 -
- Schumacher Cougar Classic -
- Xray T4 2013-
- Tamiya Monster Beetle Black Edition -

oOple Trader Feedback
Old 20-05-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

BEN...you have pm mate

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 20-05-2011

Dave - All done fella

See you Sunday
Old 21-05-2011

Sorry its a late entry but i can now make it tomorrow
Old 21-05-2011

All done
Old 23-05-2011

Firstly; To acknowledge the double-double from George Fairweather. TQ'd both the 4WD and 2WD and then went on to take the overall wins.

Simon Watson continues his ascendency and took George to the wire for the 2WD, with George taking pipping it on a quicker time from the comparative wins. Dave Evans also took a share of the glory with his 2nd leg win.

This 3rd round result certainly opens the championship to a number of contenders with 3 drivers; Dave Evans, George Fairweather and Simon Watson having all won a round each. Jonathan Brown has bagged the most TQ's and will surely look to not only bag another, but also turn this into an overall win.

The 4WD championship is a little more clear cut. Whilst mathematically possible for others; it is pretty much a foregone conclusion that George who has taken the maximum points available in all 3 rounds will secure the title on round 4. It will take not one, but a minimum of two drivers to take him at round four for even the slightest chance of an unlikely comeback. A tall order - but then again, who doesn't like a challenge!

Severall comments were made on the excellent quality of the racing. Two, on the line finishes, one in the 4 WD B final and another in the 4WD A. The full results will be published in the coming days, but I believe it was down to 10ths of a second!

Thanks to all those attending and making it a great day; I think round four could be the biggest yet!
Old 23-05-2011
Mad Member

Another decent days racing. Thanks to Coastal for another well run meeting, and to Ben for putting up with all the drivers, your doing a great job mate

Congratulations to George for winning both classes.

Old 23-05-2011
Mad Member

Again, well done to George on taking wins in both classes, and Ben for doing the great job as Regional rep

I got off to a slow start, not helped by round by round being used, ftq would've helped me a lot

Still, I think the race I had with George for the first leg of the 4wd A, goes down as the best race I've ever had One point we were only .001 apart, only finished 0.14 apart after 5 mins as well
Old 25-05-2011

The first leg of the 4wd a final was just mental, i don't think my heart rate as dropped to the normal level all this time after

I still don't know how John and myself raced that hard and close for the whole race without having an enormous accident. Im pretty sure we managed to overtake each other on every single bit of track, there was just no part of the track that neither of us were prepared to try an overtake, and the result was just a sheer drag race off of the final hairpin.

Roll on round 4 at MERCC and hopefully more of the fantastic racing.

George
Old 26-05-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No. 46 View Post
The first leg of the 4wd a final was just mental, i don't think my heart rate as dropped to the normal level all this time after

I still don't know how John and myself raced that hard and close for the whole race without having an enormous accident. Im pretty sure we managed to overtake each other on every single bit of track, there was just no part of the track that neither of us were prepared to try an overtake, and the result was just a sheer drag race off of the final hairpin.

George
When you think about it George, it was pretty much like any of our club races over the last 3 years or so

Neither one of us has heard of a place you can't overtake