Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > East of England

Old 28-06-2011

Default ROUND 5; BRCA EoE Regional @ COASTAL 17th July 2011

8 Wheels........5 Contenders.......2 Titles........1 Leader

Coastal could see both the 2WD and 4WD Titles sealed on the 17th July. OR it could see the start of two of the greatest comebacks from any of 4 drivers!

Plenty of battles right through the field and should be another cracking days racing!

BOOK IN VIA www.brca-eoe.co.uk (and pay on the day)

TRANPONDERS ARE BOTH HANDOUT AND PERSONAL.

INDOOR PITTING. POWER SUPPLIED. COMPRESSOR. KITCHEN FACILITIES.

The day WILL BE TIMED. So if you're not on the line, you miss your heat. If you're not on the marshal point, you lose your fastest time. This is in fairness to those who travel a long way. WE ARE NEVER FINISHING LATE AGAIN!

CHAMPIONSHIP SEEDED HEAT LISTING FOR ALL ENTRIES RECEIVED BY WEDNESDAY 13th JULY

Last edited by Benh; 28-06-2011 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Speeeeeelling
Old 29-06-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benh View Post
WE ARE NEVER FINISHING LATE AGAIN!
I think we got away pretty lightly this week Ben, just read on Red RC that The Bill Bridges Benefit race started at 9am, and finished just before 2am the next day

There might have been 300 entries, but still
Old 15-07-2011

Sundays weather looks like it's going to be dry in the morning (dewy moisture) then progressing to wet in the afternoon.

Let's all get there on time, get ready to race nice and early and crack on. That way, if the weather does look like it's going to interupt the racing we get as much in as possible.

Email going out tomorrow with the latest info. But for now, same as usual, 8.30 gates open. Practice when you like and we'll hope to get the first heats running as close to 9.30 as possible.

SEE YOU SUNDAY
Old 15-07-2011
Mad Member

Sounds like a good idea to me Ben. At least we can try and avoid the worst of whatever may be thrown at us from the sky!!

Just a suggestion to whomever may be laying the track. Can we avoid the dirt section if the weather is going to be YUK!! Or at least make provision for the track to be changed should the rain fall heavily.
It is possible during an event to change the track layout. This can only be done at the end of a completed round and with Round by Round being the choice for qualifying. It does however give the option of avoiding waterlogged or really slippery areas for marshalls should the need arise.

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 15-07-2011

Good thinking Mr B. Will get in touch with the powers that be this avo.
Old 16-07-2011

Has anyone been up to the track today, it has not stopped raining all day today here in Rayleigh.

I know that the weather forecast said dry in morning then getting wetter....it was supposed to be intermittent showers here

Are u playing it by ear or being the eternal optimist ben?

Just dont a wasted 120 mile round trip

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/b4sloth01/
Old 16-07-2011
Mad Member

persistant rain here to, although it is starting to brighten. If memory serves me right Coastal dries up pretty quickly due to it being on a slope, and they have a compressor so car cleaning is a breeze!

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

Old 16-07-2011
Mad Member

I'm 30 mins from Ipswich, no rain here at the mo, doesn't feel like it'll rain any time soon either.
Old 16-07-2011

Hi have just got back from the track and it is not good news im afraid. There is water streaming down the track and has even pooled in many places which i have never seen on the hill before.

As it stands the track is not raceable and is unfortunatly a long way of being marshallable but the desicion will have to be made in the morning, but as i said, at the moment the news on the grass track is bad. The good news is that at coastal we have an all weather alternive in the tarmac track, and i mean all weather, rain snow, you name it we have raced in it.

If the grass track is to wet (and as i said its not good at the moment) we can race on the tarmac which meets the regs in terms of length width and start line rules etc. It also has the major advantages of a covered rostrum, safe footing for the marshalls and your car will remain clean, even if a bit wet.

The decision of which surface to run on will be made in the morning by the club officials as we won't be able to judge until the morning.

There is another which is to cancel the meeting but we have the facilities to avoid this happening.

As to setups on the tarmac, i don't change anything other than lowering the ride height a bit. As to tyres, in the wet, schu minispikes or ballistic spikes are the best and its a great opportunity to get some more usage out of your more worn tyres.

Cheers

George
Old 16-07-2011

Send a message via MSN to lewis666

if the grass is not suitable to race on when why don't we cancel this round and move it to a more suitable date? then it could be held at Norfolk so that will keep the Norfolk boys happy? it would not be right to race the regionals on tarmac and setting it to a later date would mean Norfolk can hold it.

just my opinion

lewis

team got nitro driver

www.gotnitroonline.com <----- check it out!
Old 16-07-2011

Its just an IF and there is no need to cancel as we can race on a track whatever the weather
Old 16-07-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Nice plan, will cost a bloody fortune in tyres tho I have no old worn sets

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 16-07-2011
Mad Member

Hopefully it will be alright in the morning!

It's been dry and sunny here for the past hour with some sunshine and a decent breeze that has dried most of the surface moisture, so hopefully the weather is travelling South East from me!

I would appreicate it if someone from down that way could do an update on the weather by 7am as it may affect my decision of travelling down or not.

From a personal point of view I will not race on the tarmac track, I do however understand that it's a logical solution to enable the meeting to go ahead.

Old 16-07-2011

i live just outside stowmarket so about 15 miles away from ipswich and the sun has broken out from the clouds and it looks quite bright out their! how long that will last i don't know

if it is safe to race on the grass how would i prepare my car for the standing water? i was going to duck tape all the edges but what else?

many thanks

lewis

team got nitro driver

Old 16-07-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

well we can all get there and put it to a vote in the morningI like a good vote

Flask of tea & a rollup
Old 16-07-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis666 View Post
if it is safe to race on the grass how would i prepare my car for the standing water? i was going to duck tape all the edges but what else?

many thanks

lewis

A nice easy solution is I is blu-tac it's good for squishing round the wires and pulls away cleanly. The main things to waterproof are around the plugs on the receiver and the motor wires and sensor lead. Have never really waterproofed an esc although I guess you could blu-tac that up to.

Personally I use a mixture of blu-tac and waterproof grease like Dow Conring DC4. I find the grease much better on things like the sensor wire where the connection is fine and a bit more exposed to the elements.

On a rear motor 2wd I also tend to sticky a piece of lexan to the rear wishbones infront of the motor to reduce the amount of mud getting sprayed onto the motor, just make sure it doesn't catch as your suspension moves up and down.

Oh and seal up any holes on the shell, you'll always get some water in, but hopefully it will run straight out the back of the car. Pop over and and see me in the morning if you want a hand as I've already waterproofed mine. Best advice is to avoid standing water, even if it means going off line by a few car widths!!

Old 16-07-2011

thanks for the info Jonathan. i have plenty of duck tape so i will cover the car in that. and i will get some blue tac off my brother and seal up motor, esc and receiver. i will get that done tonight as there is bugger all on TV

many thanks

lewis

team got nitro driver

Old 16-07-2011

WTF, an off-road regional on a touring car track ? I know it will be the same for everyone but, seriously man what next ? Cheese rolling? that's what they do down my way on a wet hill, lol.
Kyosho RB 6.7
MB MODELS www.rccarshop.co.uk
www.ghostrc.co.uk
Old 16-07-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonW View Post
WTF, an off-road regional on a touring car track ? I know it will be the same for everyone but, seriously man what next ? Cheese rolling? that's what they do down my way on a wet hill, lol.
ahh always thought you were a secret cheese roller

Flask of tea & a rollup
Old 17-07-2011

Dry! Weather looking promising.