Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > International fOrums > Ireland

Old 22-09-2011
Mad Member

Default Using Ian's Cougar for the club round......

I'll be running Ian's Cougar SV this weekend because.......

There's a few eagle-eyed drivers on this forum (thanks for getting in touch ) that will already have seen this;
http://oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81220
The car sold in 4 hours and is off to its new home in Finland

It's the start of a big clearout - I've Reedy and Vampire Lipo saddle packs, LRP Sphere TC and SXX V1 TC speedos, a Losi XXT, and tons of 22, XX, XXX CR, XX4 spares and a Honeybee helicopter - all must go....

Will also be selling my XX4 with 96mm lipo at the end of the season - seriously good car!!
Old 22-09-2011
Mad Member

What car are you going for Will?
Old 22-09-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0m3sy View Post
What car are you going for Will?
A few things have to slot into place before any new purchases are made...
Old 22-09-2011

give up on the lousy already?...I mean losi?...whose the factory driver?
Old 22-09-2011

I know iknow...I've heard Derek got the deal...best of luck to him..wish it was me...lol...I'm still paying for my shit...
Old 22-09-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreargrip View Post
I know iknow...I've heard Derek got the deal...best of luck to him..wish it was me...lol...I'm still paying for my shit...
Derek has a drive and he deserves it. He committed to a full season of racing with trips to the Belgian GP and oOple Invernational. He had good results away (B Final in both), got noticed, did the deal.

You should put ever effort into coming away with us next year Mark, who knows how it might go for you.
Old 22-09-2011

things are looking good at the moment..so it maybe possible for a fully committed assault next year..i don't get a quarter of the racing you guys get and that bothers me a lot..I would want to travel to races also in Europe..I, like my bro paul never really had the time or finances to do what other people have done..and I know Paul on his day can hold his own with the top guys and he doesn't get any practice or testing time really..so god knows what he could achieve given the chance..I've always put myself and Paul at similar levels so if I can get to where he is now I'll be over the moon...but I'm going to try..
Old 22-09-2011

It's hard to judge levels..for me the brca nationals are the most competitive to race at..even at the euros b and c finalists would struggle to make the same finals at a brca..the nationals are so fast ..that's the true test for me..but again unless u know the track and are used racing on it you wouldn't stand a chance..
Old 22-09-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
things are looking good at the moment..so it maybe possible for a fully committed assault next year..i don't get a quarter of the racing you guys get and that bothers me a lot..I would want to travel to races also in Europe..I, like my bro paul never really had the time or finances to do what other people have done..and I know Paul on his day can hold his own with the top guys and he doesn't get any practice or testing time really..so god knows what he could achieve given the chance..I've always put myself and Paul at similar levels so if I can get to where he is now I'll be over the moon...but I'm going to try..
Hopefully we'll be announcing early next week about the Naul. Looks like there will be Thursday eve and Sunday racing on Astroturf starting on Sun 25th October and going right through to mid March. We'll be in the Naul for a week or two at that stage, but it takes a fair amount of time to get the track sorted.

This year:
Derek and I are going to the EOS is Ardent on November 4/5/6 - It would be really cheap if 3 of us go. There will be intense practice in the Naul each evening on the week leading up to this.

Next year;
Hoping to do the EOS in Dortmund in March, Belgian GP again, oOple race and the Euros (Vienna??). Shame u didn't do 2 nationals and qualify for a Euros place. But you should definitely do Belgium and oOple - not as expensive as you would think.

Really looking forward to the 3 way (or maybe more) midmotor battle in the Naul over the winter
Old 22-09-2011

was thinking about November..would be great..do you know what's it's working out at per head approx:?
looking forward for naul..3 way mid motor battle..lol if the centro ever arrives that is..built for high grip like all mid cars..big improvement over a b4.1...everyones results greatly improved running it..Hope it makes me faster too..also plan on racing 44.1 also this year..but maybe too much both on one day for me..
Old 22-09-2011

I ran my 22 only once at drop inn..straight from box with only rear weight..I reckon it was easily faster than my b4..u could just feel it..loads of corner speed, no hesitation cornering,earlier on the gas, jumping..and so simple to drive at that pace...well simpler that my b4 anyway and you know how good it was there..but 22 will always be good on high grip..if the centro is as fast for me as it was I'll be happy..
Old 22-09-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
was thinking about November..would be great..do you know what's it's working out at per head approx:?
looking forward for naul..3 way mid motor battle..lol if the centro ever arrives that is..built for high grip like all mid cars..big improvement over a b4.1...everyones results greatly improved running it..Hope it makes me faster too..also plan on racing 44.1 also this year..but maybe too much both on one day for me..
Works out at about 340 euro each + entry fee + meals if there was 3 of us. Derek can get a Van to go in, so no issue with space.
Old 22-09-2011

where do you get an entry from...is the race at ardent?..trying to get Paul to go so maybe will stay with him..dont know yet..may only do 2wd as don't think I'll have all 4wd stuff ready
Old 22-09-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
where do you get an entry from...is the race at ardent?..trying to get Paul to go so maybe will stay with him..dont know yet..may only do 2wd as don't think I'll have all 4wd stuff ready
Entry not out yet, but I'm assured that it is imminent. If Paul stayed in your room it would make the logistics of it alot simpler. You'll feel really left out if you don't have a 4wd - I've been that soldier and regretted it.
Somebody will lend you something - plenty of B44s floating around in a certain Mr. Bolgers shed - I'm sure if you ask nicely
Old 22-09-2011

I'll have the car by then but I suppose I can just rip the electrics out of the 2wd for the event..that would be the easiest solution..let me know when the entries are out..or where do I check for them?..
Old 22-09-2011

When is the EOS race ?!
Old 22-09-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asdesigns View Post
When is the EOS race ?!
November 4,5 & 6 I believe.
Old 23-09-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to mole2k

Quote:
I'll have the car by then but I suppose I can just rip the electrics out of the 2wd for the event..that would be the easiest solution..let me know when the entries are out..or where do I check for them?..
I've plenty of stuff that doesn't get regular use here mark I can lend you some electrics!

www.rcbearings.co.uk
Old 23-09-2011

oh your all teasing me lol
Old 27-09-2011

hey will whats the story no losi 22 any more are you still carring the losi bits