Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > R/C Graphy!

Old 18-05-2017
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by julianb View Post
This is the problem, as Steve has already pointed out to be fair. It's hard to charge for a days work, when others are prepared to churn 'em out for 25-30 quid. Or bought off ebay, and including the shell for much the same money!!

Personally, I'm quite satisfied keeping it on the download these days, only painting for my lad, myself and a small handful of close friends. Were I to put my graphic designers head on, I'd be charging the nominal £30 an hour right off the bat. But we all know that's not going to fly!!! I'd go hungry real quick, charging £150 for the average 5-hour paintjob. Lol!!!
yes that might put a few buyers off
Old 21-05-2017

Quote:
I'm on your page Steve. Dialled my painting right back. Free work really doesn't appeal. A solid days work plus materials should pay a commensurate rate. Got tired of being robbed.

Bitter and jaded? Yes a bit.

Its an all too familiar cycle, seeing talented painters explode onto the forum, full of enthusiasm, then eventually all reach the same point.

Rant over!

J
Quote:
Originally Posted by daz75 View Post
Is charging more not an option? I was given the price for the shells I had painted I didn't barter the cost

Quote:
This is the problem, as Steve has already pointed out to be fair. It's hard to charge for a days work, when others are prepared to churn 'em out for 25-30 quid. Or bought off ebay, and including the shell for much the same money!!

Personally, I'm quite satisfied keeping it on the download these days, only painting for my lad, myself and a small handful of close friends. Were I to put my graphic designers head on, I'd be charging the nominal £30 an hour right off the bat. But we all know that's not going to fly!!! I'd go hungry real quick, charging £150 for the average 5-hour paintjob. Lol!!!
They are what they are, it's the context of them that makes them non- profitable in terms of money - They just get smashed up. I just wanted a hobby to replace racing them (got out because off too many ego's) but have a love hate relationship with this too, hence I've quit once, quitting again now

Admittedly I was just painting pre-paints and selling them on eBay (because I don't want to meet someones deadline) but unfortunately some times I get stuck with them for months so I do drop the prices and give them away.

Time is money though and all that.

Last edited by Steveonamission; 11-10-2017 at 06:41 PM.
Old 22-05-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveonamission View Post
They are what they are, it's the context of them that makes them non- profitable in terms of money - They just get smashed up. I just wanted a hobby to replace racing them (got out because of too many ego's) but have a love hate relationship with this too, hence I've quit once, quitting again now

Admittedly I was just painting pre-paints and selling them on eBay (because I don't want to meet someones deadline) but unfortunately some times I get stuck with them for months so I do drop the prices and give them away.

Time is money though and all that.
Its funny how pre-paints work, or dont. I've tried doing a few in the past but i just dont find them that popular, as you say, you can sit with them for months, other times you've a que waiting for prepaints. I guess people like what they like and would rather get a custom job done.
Old 26-06-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Kenny View Post
Its funny how pre-paints work, or dont. I've tried doing a few in the past but i just dont find them that popular, as you say, you can sit with them for months, other times you've a que waiting for prepaints. I guess people like what they like and would rather get a custom job done.
True story.

I quite enjoyed painting the GT12 size recently, don't take as long and less materials to paint them, and thats what I moan about...

Talking of moaning...

This Hobbynox stuff didn't travel well. Seems the formula split (didn't work stirring it either, comes out translucent grey, sacked it off).

Last edited by Steveonamission; 18-07-2017 at 06:16 PM.
Old 27-06-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveonamission View Post

This Hobbynox stuff didn't travel well. Seems the formula split (didn't work stirring it either, comes out translucent grey, sacked it off).

Is that the Hobbyknox Chrome? I had the same thing happen but i have just binned it.
Old 27-06-2017

Correct
Old 06-10-2017

British flag on a german whip.

Too much shading for me

Old 10-10-2017

Old 11-10-2017
Mad Member

LOVE the top purple one
Old 29-10-2017

Thanks Daz, appreciate it.

Here's another purple machine.

Last edited by Steveonamission; 29-10-2017 at 10:57 AM.
Old 01-11-2017

Lovely stuff 👍

E-mail njsmithdesign@aol.co.uk

www.ndesigncustompaint.com