Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > WRCA

Old 27-02-2012

Default WORM in 1987

Yes i know its the WRCA section, but as WORM dosnet have a section and the WRCA has used WORM in its winter series... i didnt think anyone would mind !

Just doing some more scans for people from the old days, found this from '87. The original WORM outdoor track ! The days when dirt off-road tracks were just about everywhere...

It was a double-pager, youll have to 'tape' it together to see it all as one

Old 27-02-2012

Thats awesome, I remember racing there once just before the football club booted us off !!! Ace track, dirt only, and for some reason they oiled the track which didn't help much when you were only running 4 row cat spikes on a 2wd car

Its been a while since WORM had an outdoor track but that could change very soon ....
Old 27-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeedy View Post
... oh btw the bottom pic is reversed
Not now it isnt Si...

Thought you might like that... as im going through the magazines ill scan any interesting features from all our clubs... or people

I picked up my 1980 - '89 R/C car mags from my dads this weekend, slowly going through them...
Old 27-02-2012

Top work mate ...

Old mags are addictive mind, once you pic 'em up the day just goes flying by ...

I've got a few old mags from over the years and a couple of old Apex models catalogs which make good reading, especially the prices !!!
Old 27-02-2012

Nice to see it I was in a model shop in gloucester the other day and Clve the owner showed me a black and white photo of a i believ RRCI round at Caldicot castle all long hair and flairs im sure somewhere there must be lots of photos and mags with very boyish looking members of the wrca etc
Craig Harris must be in some going back ay least 30 years LOL