Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 04-10-2015

Default ESC overheating

Im looking for some help please.

I'm running a Speed Passion Pro 1.1 with the downloaded Stock 01 software that gives me access to hybrid boost settings.

I'm using a SP 7.5t motor and the final drive ratio in my KF is set to 8.15 (speed passion say a 7.5t motor can run from 7.5 - 9 final drive ratio)

I have the boost set to 50% to a max of 135k on a 0.8 delay (all as recommended on the sp program on my pic)

This set up has been working fine for weeks, then last time out I got towards the end of my race and the power/speed drops right off. I check the car and the orange light is on telling me the ESC has overheated.

I let it cool off and it's fine, then I race again and the same thing happens.

I don't want to turn off the heat protection, what else can I do?

Do I need to cut holes in my body or change the fd ratio?

For the present I've just turned the boost right down and it seems ok.

Many thanks Ben.

Last edited by Treedudeben; 04-10-2015 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-10-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Are you running a fan?
Drop the pinion a cog and try it.

Also reduce boost a bit, and maybe go up a cog on gearing for more top end.
Depending on track, you could maybe loose boost and add turbo timing for straight, delayed on full throttle for that extra down straight?

Just find the balance. TBH, 50% boost seems too much to me, but I don't run speed passion, and I tend to use Turbo rather than boost. Boost doesn't suit my driving.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 05-10-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
Are you running a fan?
Drop the pinion a cog and try it.

Also reduce boost a bit, and maybe go up a cog on gearing for more top end.
Depending on track, you could maybe loose boost and add turbo timing for straight, delayed on full throttle for that extra down straight?

Just find the balance. TBH, 50% boost seems too much to me, but I don't run speed passion, and I tend to use Turbo rather than boost. Boost doesn't suit my driving.
Yes I'm running a fan :-)
Could drop a cog but I'm wary of keeping in the guide lines set by Schumacher that the sum of the spur and pinion should be between 100 and 108 (think that's right) I run a 76 spur and a 24 pinion at the moment.

It was running fine with all the higher settings until last week, the only thing that's changed recently is the club has new Astro. The car has been running ok for about six weeks before that.

I think boost and turbo might be the same thing. It only activates on the main straight any way :-)

Looks like I just need to find the balance :-)

Thanks for the help