Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 03-10-2015

Default New Radio

Hi Guys n Girls,

Im looking to upgrade my radio gear and dont know which way to jump at mo so am just putting out feelers really as to peoples opinions on current radio systems and useful functions and userbility of menu's.

My current radio is a spektrum dx4s had it since this model was released, and whilst i've been happy with it i cant help feeling im missing out on something be it speed or functions

I've been looking at the sanwa system the mt-4 and futaba 4pls as they are the really the systems in my budget range if i'm honest, don't really want to go much more.

Futaba have always been a main stay in RC from my memory but keep hearing good reports about the sanwa system. So i'm in a bit of a quandry....

Any opinions or advice would be much appreciated,

Thanks in advance,
Shiny.
Old 03-10-2015

I went from spectrum dx4r to a sanwa mt4s and the difference is incredible, mind you I thought the same jumping from a 4s to a 4r spectrum. I believe that the sanwa has a faster response time, so you feel more in control of the car. I really think it has helped me get more consistent. It has way more functions that the spectrum, but to be honest I will never use them, and reckon most other wont too. You can adjust the throttle in about 10 different directions !!!!!!

Not sure on difference between the sanwa and futaba but either 1 will be a step up from the spectrum, but remember the receivers aren't cheap so if you have multiple cars you will have to lay out around £60 for receivers.
Old 03-10-2015

Sanwa pretty dam good, if I was to get a new radio got a 4 PKS now, would for sure get that, if your are not bothered about UK stock RC Mart is good, I have had the 4PL pretty good on a par with my 4Pks, Sanwa for sure

E REVO
BAJA,SS TS REED
All The Gear,and No Idea!!
4PKS,4PL
PILLOW CASE CREW
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29834
Old 03-10-2015
Mad Member

Another vote for Sanwa.
I have had an MT-4 for past 8months and loved it. Just having a little dabble in the world of stick so have picked up an Exzes-Z which is also superb.
Had Absima before, and while it was fine, the Sanwa kits just feels more responsive

Yokomo YZ-2

No 4WD because nothing lives up to my original Optima. Until now maybe?...
Old 03-10-2015
Mad Member

Sam, I am a confirmed Futaba user for many (many!) years and love my 3VCS. A friend had one too and was equally happy. He switched to Sanwa and said it was even better. Sanwa Exzes Z is what he has and is a very happy bunny! HTH
Old 03-10-2015

Well from the pattern of this it seems like there is a thumbs up for the sanwa!

Yes i know what people are saying as i always had futaba and loved it, but after a long ,long break from racing, getting back into it and buying new kit spektrum seemed the way to go with regards to what you get for your money.

And now seems to be time to upgrade as i feel the ive outgrown the dxr4s.

The only thing i dont like about modern radio systems is the price of the recievers. Why are they so expensive and how can they justify the price of them?

I dont know!

Cheers,
Gents.

Please tho any other opinions please pitch in