Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 11-12-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Yokomo YZ-2

New high grip car....

Leaked from Yokomo France:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Yokom...68530239829543

The brand new gaint yz - 2 is available in preorder in asia racing team!!!
Http://www.asia-racing-team.com/shop...mo-p-8354.html

---Edit---

Another image:
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by neallewis; 12-12-2014 at 04:25 PM.
Old 11-12-2014
Mad Member

Stoked for this car. Cant wait!
Old 11-12-2014
Mad Member

Now I know why I sold my B-Max2!
Old 11-12-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Looks nice and awesome! Are there some aftermarket parts on there (shock bodies and extra bits etc look different, rear hubs?) or is it a pure yokomo kit?
Old 11-12-2014

I'd best start saving now lol for when it hits the UK shops
Old 11-12-2014

Wonder when it will me available in de EU. EDIT: www.teamyokomo.eu has it on pre order and shipping on 29-12 (no year stated )

I really like the body and lcg gearbox.

I dont understand why Yokomo would release a bmax2 V3 and V3 Factory, and now this YZ-2 in such short succession?

Last edited by Paultje040; 11-12-2014 at 08:04 AM.
Old 06-09-2015

Default Servo install

Just building my yz2 but can't work out servo horn positioning. I've fitted the 1mm spacer on servo mounts as my servo measures about 16-17mm from under tab to top of spline. Running savox servo.
Fitted shorter servo horn and centred it so its 90 degree to servo body, however when I fit into car the steering is way out (too far to one side)
Do I need to fit the horn off centre? Can't see the manual tells you to do that though.
Old 06-09-2015
Mad Member

Fit the long horn 1 notch to the left of centre use spacers to get the servo as far forward as possible befor the rack catches the horn
Old 06-09-2015

Ah got it, thanks. So servo as far forward as poss means 2 spacers then regardless of what manual says re servo height
Old 06-09-2015

Confused.com! Just moved servo to forward position (both spacers behind lugs), fitted longest horn and one click to the left. Horn still hits the front bulkhead....
Old 06-09-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCorbett View Post
Confused.com! Just moved servo to forward position (both spacers behind lugs), fitted longest horn and one click to the left. Horn still hits the front bulkhead....
What servo are you using? i recently wired a yz2 for a club member with a savox full sized servo and had to use no spacers, and just smooth the edge of the bulkhead where the horn just hit with a knife. Savox seem to have a slightly different off set and shaft postion to other brands.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by neallewis; 06-09-2015 at 10:09 PM.
Old 21-09-2015

Default Low profile cut staggers

Does anyone run standard width cut staggers on their 2wd or is slim the only way to go?
Old 23-05-2016

Default Freshly built

Recently joined. Thought I'd share the new DT. Can't wait for some track time!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BFwT1w-OvJ3/
Old 20-07-2016

Default Grass setups yz2

Looking for some setups for my 4gear yz2 for grass can only find one on petit cheers
Old 21-12-2016

Default Whats the stability of the front whichbones?

Hi,

I'm shopping around for a new 2wd buggy and the Yokomo YZ-2 CA is a hot candidate. I do own a Dex201v2 that has come to age and needs a replacement. I struggled a lot with the Dex front wishbones as they cracked frequently on me. The front wishbones of the YZ-2 look as if they are made of similar material as the ones on the Dex. Now that the YZ-2 is some month old, whats your experience regarding breaking front wishbones? Is it done easily? On my Dex I gave up on the Durango parts, and now run Asso B5M front wishbones as they fit perfectly and so far I never broke a wishbone after that.

Would like to hear your opinions on the robustness of the car.

Thanks,
Michael
Old 21-12-2016

no worries durability wise cars a tank only a front bulkhead needed in case of a big hit and worth keeping rear sus pins spare only things I've killed in over a year
Liars run for cover the truth is taking over!!!
Old 21-12-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickru View Post
Hi,

I'm shopping around for a new 2wd buggy and the Yokomo YZ-2 CA is a hot candidate. I do own a Dex201v2 that has come to age and needs a replacement. I struggled a lot with the Dex front wishbones as they cracked frequently on me. The front wishbones of the YZ-2 look as if they are made of similar material as the ones on the Dex. Now that the YZ-2 is some month old, whats your experience regarding breaking front wishbones? Is it done easily? On my Dex I gave up on the Durango parts, and now run Asso B5M front wishbones as they fit perfectly and so far I never broke a wishbone after that.

Would like to hear your opinions on the robustness of the car.

Thanks,
Michael
I bought the original yz2 when it was launched. I have run it regularly and the only thing I have managed to do is bend a rear shock shaft

Yokomo YZ-2

No 4WD because nothing lives up to my original Optima. Until now maybe?...
Old 22-12-2016
Mad Member

I've tried a few 2WD buggies in the last couple of years and the original YZ-2 was my favourite. The only reason for selling my YZ-2 actually was to spend less time with RC. Getting spare and option parts for Yokomo cars could not be easier in Germany, Tonisport has offered the best service. If you've got any urgent questions, I'd recommend calling them instead of sending an E-mail, though.
If you are looking for more information on the original YZ-2, feel free to check out my honest review on rc-news.de
The CA version includes most parts I added to the original kit and should be great right out of the box. You won't be disappointed for sure!
Old 07-08-2017
Mad Member

Just stumbled across these 7075 aluminium bulkhead mounts by Techra in the Tonisport online store. As I had contemplated getting the graphite mounts and steel bulkhead, I may just have killed two birds with one stone. Can't wait to test them this weekend in Helmond!