Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 16-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphee View Post
What ball diff does one order, the Bmax one? Sorry not up to speed on modern Yokomo!

Lee
Yes Bmax2: http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php...ntial-kit.html

One left...

Mine has been built with a ball diff.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 16-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Just finishing off my build. Wiring done, apart from shortening servo leads. its a squeeze to get it all in.
Wheels on now, one can wonder body done. Just a wing to cut out and final ride height and camber setup to do tomorrow.

The car is super low and light and sleek. looks a winner

It's ready to run friday night.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 16-01-2015

Pictures please
Old 16-01-2015
Mad Member

Thanks for the info Neil! Sadly i wont get to build mine till maybe Sunday, but ill get the shell in the painters in the meantime, why do i want a Masami green Detroit replica haha!
Good luck in the maiden race, hope to see video soon!

Bests.....lee
Old 16-01-2015

How are you guys building the shocks? Instructions say fill with oil, screw cap on, slowing press shock shaft in, wipe off excess oil then screw in the top grub screw. Done this but holds the shock shaft in, you pull it back out then it draws its way back in, it's like rebound in reverse :-/

Cracking kit to build tho, was a little dubious with the higher price, but it's finished to a very high standard
Old 16-01-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas1 View Post
How are you guys building the shocks? Instructions say fill with oil, screw cap on, slowing press shock shaft in, wipe off excess oil then screw in the top grub screw. Done this but holds the shock shaft in, you pull it back out then it draws its way back in, it's like rebound in reverse :-/

Cracking kit to build tho, was a little dubious with the higher price, but it's finished to a very high standard
That's normal mate, just pump the shock a bit and it will settle down and work normally. That is how I build all my shocks.
Hobbywing
Mark One Designs
Old 16-01-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan1875 View Post
That's normal mate, just pump the shock a bit and it will settle down and work normally. That is how I build all my shocks.
Ok mate, cheers, not built any off road shocks for years, thought I'd just check
Old 16-01-2015

Got to admit very tempted to pick one up, what's the kit Pistons out of interest?
Old 16-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy1989 View Post
Got to admit very tempted to pick one up, what's the kit Pistons out of interest?
Piston 1 = 2x 1.7mm
Piston 2 = 2x 1.6mm
Piston 3 = 2x 1.5mm

kit comes with a pair of each. They are moulded not machined, but the shocks are the best I've ever built, so this doesn't matter to me.

Six in stock as of now: http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php...2wd-buggy.html
You could be building it tomorrow
Old 16-01-2015

I've taken the plunge and going to pick it up tomorrow you going to Batley with it on Sunday Neil? Won't have mine ready for then but I'm interested to see how it handles the slippy stuff

Cheers
Chris
Old 16-01-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philim View Post
But you have to have a ball diff out far more than a gear ?
personaly I just use rubber outdrive boots to keep the dirt out of the diff. I only need to clean the diff every two months or so. Of course, if you set the diff too loose, you're screwed.
Old 16-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy1989 View Post
I've taken the plunge and going to pick it up tomorrow you going to Batley with it on Sunday Neil? Won't have mine ready for then but I'm interested to see how it handles the slippy stuff

Cheers
Chris
Ace.

I'm running it tonight at Cullingworth on the slippy, but that's no way as slippy as Batley. I'll be there sunday so please come and have a look.
Old 16-01-2015

Never mind the diff, try taking the spur off when the gearbox is bolted to the car that's going to be fun. For all the quirks it has I hope it goes as good as it looks.

The quality is excellent, definitely better than the B-Max2.

2011 Muchmore GP 4wd Champion

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 16-01-2015

Some pics (excuse me for the quality) of the electronics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6006.jpg (326.9 KB, 185 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6007.jpg (284.0 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6011.jpg (238.3 KB, 140 views)
Old 16-01-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
Ace.

I'm running it tonight at Cullingworth on the slippy, but that's no way as slippy as Batley. I'll be there sunday so please come and have a look.

Let us know how you got on tonight buddy

Old 16-01-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Ace.

I'd hoped to get to cully tonight to see how it goes but wife didn't get in from office til after 8 so couldn't, and can't get to Batley on Sunday so will look forward to hearing now I can't see with my own eyes?
Hope it went well

Yokomo YZ-2

No 4WD because nothing lives up to my original Optima. Until now maybe?...
Old 17-01-2015

Quote:
Ace.

I was lucky enough to have a good go with Neal's car tonight and I was very impressed. The car had so much traction on the slippy floor and the kind of steering you could only wish for compared to the B-Max 2 V3. The quality of the build is very nice and I really do think this could be the car to beat in 2015.
Old 17-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

No nobody get one, send them back, it was rubbish.
Old 17-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Ha only joking, it's ace
So balanced and so much steering, traction and it's just great. I just stuck it down and ran it. Made no changes during the night other than slacking off my slipper a touch, touch tighter on the diff, and running one round with a saddle rather than a shorty pack. Felt a little more nimble with the shorty, but a touch more traction with the saddle, as you would except.

So I've built mine pretty much as kit, with a ball diff, shocks on rear, but with 3.5deg rear toe in, -1deg camber all round, 18mm ride height, and 500CST front oil, and 400CST rear oil. Shorty in rear position. On yeah I stuck the 25g chassis weight in under the lipo as well.

I was amazed from the start. I was expecting it to have less rear grip than the bmax2 (on the same tyres), but it was the same or more rear grip, yet tons of steering with no oversteer. Went exactly where you wanted it and the rear held on. It just worked and dare I say it was faster than my bmax ever was. saying that I finished 4th over all this week, and placed same previous meeting at Cullingworth with the bmax2v3 against the same people.

Video from tonight's club race at Cullingworth:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGqyERIRDKw

Mine is the snot green car, and I do a good job binning off Danny Harrison on the first lap

YZ-"KF-beater"-2

Yokomo have done such a good job on this car.

Last edited by neallewis; 17-01-2015 at 02:49 AM.
Old 17-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpackster1980 View Post
Never mind the diff, try taking the spur off when the gearbox is bolted to the car that's going to be fun. For all the quirks it has I hope it goes as good as it looks.

The quality is excellent, definitely better than the B-Max2.
Side pod three back screws out and it bends to allow spur off. 30 sec job.
Can't believe someone actually complained about this saying the whole gearbox has to come out? I'm still on original spurs on both my Bmax2's.

Yokomo have done a fantastic job on this kit. Yes it's a premium price, but it needs nothing (other than a ball diff, if that's your preference). I'm super impressed with it, and happy to be one of the first to run theirs, but secretly hope that no one else buys one now