Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 25-10-2014
Admin

Default EOS Poznan

Well it might not be a full scale oOple attack on the world of Eurotrash reporting, but a couple of us guys are currently out in the bland open space known as foreign land. I am of course referring to the super well run Euro Off Road Series or EOS for short. Jimmy considered being here to take awesome photo’s and write cool stuff, but he was sadly denied the option as the UK border agency refused to renew his recently expired passport because the application had the attached a photo of the PG tips monkey. Apparently an appeal has been lodged, stating that the monkey has dyed red hair dye and ever so slightly soiled shorts, therefore is surely close enough??

Round 1 of the series kicks off in Poznan, as part of Poland’s largest toy and hobby fair. Friday is practice day which is followed by the 2wd cars on Saturday and 4wd bringing the event to a close on Sunday. The field was made up of multiple World, European and national champions respectively. Me and Neal “superhero, please sign my set up sheet” Lewis were in attendance too, qualifying somewhere just behind the local event cleaners.

Of note, Per Erikson was sporting the best boob job of the event in support of a local breast cancer charity. Pictured you can see Per having his man boobs checked by the Danish Prime Minister, we understand he was given the all clear as they literally found nothing!.

Per was not only happy at promoting charity, but he also ecstatic that he’d TQ’d unofficial untimed practice for the 3 wheel large scale buggy class.

Being in Poland, there is a wealth of talent amongst the younger drivers, but we did notice local hero Michal Orlowski looking seriously worried about the upcoming young talent.

Tom Cockerill is here both to promote the Schumacher brand in Europe and also to prove he can cut it as a pro racer with the world’s best. We discovered that Tom has a well formulated plan for success, simply run as many wheels and tyres as possible. Tom arrived in Poland a week before the event and has been gluing tyres ever since. Apparently, more rubber = more speed!!

We will try bring you all the latest gems of news direct from the coal face as the weekend progresses, however guarantees of the above are worth slightly less than Cateram F1 shares
Old 25-10-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Good write up lads, keep us posted on the inside scoops of the event.

Hope you're racing goes well

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 25-10-2014
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James

Top job, photos of results board would be good too, and how you Brits are doing!?
Old 28-10-2014

I super-miss the full-scale oOple race reports, it is by FAR the best way to hear about these races and the hardware that shows up.

Thanks for this though, always a treat!
Kyosho USA-1
Axial Scorpion
Axial Exo
Team Durango DEX210
Team Durango DEX410 2010
Tamiya XV-01 Pro
Team Durango DEX408v2
Schumacher K1
Schumacher KF
Yokomo B-Max IV.3 Factory
Kyosho Turbo Optima Mid
Old 28-10-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Back home now. After a few long days racing it was difficult to actually get down to processing photos and writing stuff. Three bloody long days of racing, but very enjoyable and an experience I'd recommend to any keen racer.
I've got a load of photos to sort, and I was sat down with Oscar last night in our Poznan penthouse suite talking about the event, how it was run, and comparing it to the oople events, which i'm sure will be fedback in good time. Oscar was setup to write some stuff, but ended up finishing the beer and wodka off.

What struck me was the numbers of younger (read below 10yo) drivers in attendance who absolutely spanked myself and Oscar. Really good to see the encouragement given to the up and coming talent.

In the mean time Redrc.net did some excellent coverage here: http://www.eurooffroadseries.com/

Also a Polish guy Pawel was taking loads of photos at the event, more behind the scenes, which complement the A-finalist coverage of redrc.

EOS Poznań 2014.10.25-26 Day 1:
https://plus.google.com/u/1/photos/1...56715149442017

EOS Poznań 2014.10.25-26 Day 2
https://plus.google.com/u/1/photos/1...O3J8LuywMX4xwE
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 29-10-2014

enjoyed that video cheers, some great pics too ........the commentator's cool, certainly enjoys himself
Old 30-10-2014

Long shot i know bit did anyone happen to get any video footage of the short course races/finals?
Old 31-10-2014
Mad Member

We need to see the passport photo...........
Old 31-10-2014
Admin

What, Neal's passport pic??

Here it is :P

Sorry Neal
Old 31-10-2014
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James

Old 31-10-2014
Mad Member

LOL, was thinking of the pg tips monkey and his slightly soiled pants......

Actually, I wish I hadn't.

Feel ill now.
Old 31-10-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattr View Post
LOL, was thinking of the pg tips monkey and his slightly soiled pants......

Actually, I wish I hadn't.

Feel ill now.
Eh?
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 01-11-2014
Mad Member

Did you read the race report?