Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 12-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingdwarf View Post
Thats daft ,Just use some common sense! I have had this at the club I run.1st off we promote the hobby, if we don't the hobby dies, what the club should have done is ask if you can stay on the rostrum with your son and a friendly club member would have been on hand to put the car back on track…probably many times. this way the club gets new members, and so does the BRCA. As has been said a new racer can make a start before they get there licence.
Perfect way to do it... I was made very Welcome at NBC when I first turned up.. I miss crashing ..i mean racing there... I know the BRCA has insurance rules etc and yes a toy car traveling at 15 to 20 odd miles per hour can do some damaged.. but use some common sense.. If a kid drove into my leg even if I needed stitches I'd not blame the kid or the dad or the BRCA, I'd blame me for not getting out of the way.

I know we need rules and health and safety play a big part in everything, but it's getting a bit crazy when a dad and his kid can't drive a toy car on a track in a field without some grumpy kill joy spouting rules...

ANVIL-GFX
Old 13-09-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylon View Post
I know we need rules and health and safety play a big part in everything, but it's getting a bit crazy when a dad and his kid can't drive a toy car on a track in a field without some grumpy kill joy spouting rules...
and your comment is exactly why no one wants to run clubs!

Last edited by mark christopher; 13-09-2014 at 11:20 AM.
Old 13-09-2014
Mad Member

A pragmatic approach was mentioned earlier. At my club we get people of all ages turn up to see what the hobby is all about and to have a practice. Yes safety is paramount but we still let them have practice between rounds by following these steps:
1) Race control announces that the track is closed so that a newcommer can have a few practive laps, if you are pitting track side take caution.
2) A volunteer committer member stands trackside to marshall
3) Another committee member stands on the rostrum with the newcommer and gives them coaching/advice as they drive around.
Old 13-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris56 View Post
A pragmatic approach was mentioned earlier. At my club we get people of all ages turn up to see what the hobby is all about and to have a practice. Yes safety is paramount but we still let them have practice between rounds by following these steps:
1) Race control announces that the track is closed so that a newcommer can have a few practive laps, if you are pitting track side take caution.
2) A volunteer committer member stands trackside to marshall
3) Another committee member stands on the rostrum with the newcommer and gives them coaching/advice as they drive around.
And this is exactly how it should be!
Old 15-09-2014

Just get a brca licence, its like learning to drive...you get a provisional or you cant drive

Compositekit.co.uk
Trishbits
Old 15-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3xis007 View Post
Just get a brca licence, its like learning to drive...you get a provisional or you cant drive
Did you actually take the time to read the thread?

Btw a driving licence does'nt cover insurance which, if you bothered to read you will have seen that, that is the reason the club official turned the young lad away.