Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > West Bridgford Model Car Club

Old 07-12-2014
Mad Member

Default Clubman Class - your views please

We're fast-approaching series 3 and it was agreed at our last committee meeting that trophies will be brought back for the Clubman Class

I am not making this post as a proposal to change the rules, but what would people think about standardising things a little to make it fairer. Opinions on:
Chassis : restrict to Tamiya M-chassis, TT01/02, TA01/02/03, TL01
Motor: 20t brushed (HPI Saturn)/17t brushless
Tyre: any rubber, no foams

Cars running outside these rules can still run but not score points
Old 07-12-2014

I'll fit in with what ever as Clubman is the home of the Quinn ... I have plenty of rubbers for people that don't have any.

Scott - matchmacher Quinn

Last edited by Dave Dodd; 08-12-2014 at 09:36 AM.
Old 07-12-2014

In addition ... We don't need rules to agree to run a stock class as gentleman ... Trophies or not.
Old 08-12-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

i suggest we include other brand chassis too, ie: mi1/mission, xray t1, hpi sprint2 etc...
as i know one driver just bought an mi1 to join our club

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.
Old 09-12-2014

I personally believe that we should keep Clubman as an open, moderately paced class to allow drivers to run a selection of cars/motors etc in it, and especially allow beginners to "run what they brung". Splitting the class into slower and faster groups, as we did recently, was a good way to allow better racing based on ability.

If we want to have a restricted chassis class (M-Chassis, TT-01 etc etc) then we could consider setting that up if there's sufficient interest in doing so.

Again, just adding my personal views here.

In The Pits: Yokomo R12C, Yokomo MR4-TC Custom, Yokomo MR4-TC Pro, Yokomo MR4-Rally, Tamiya Blitzer Beetle, Tamiya M05.

Driven: Race Red Fiesta ST
Old 10-12-2014
Mad Member

Fair comments Paul. I do see a problem with restricting the chassis types in that there are so many of them out there and this list could become very long.

Solution: do what we do for the vintage class on a saturday which is drivers tell us what car they are running (when booking in/pre-booking). Any cars that are deemed unsuitable can (eg MI3,4,5s, TRFs, Xray T4s etc) then they can run TC or not score points.
Old 12-12-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
I personally believe that we should keep Clubman as an open, moderately paced class to allow drivers to run a selection of cars/motors etc in it, and especially allow beginners to "run what they brung". Splitting the class into slower and faster groups, as we did recently, was a good way to allow better racing based on ability.

If we want to have a restricted chassis class (M-Chassis, TT-01 etc etc) then we could consider setting that up if there's sufficient interest in doing so.

Again, just adding my personal views here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris56 View Post
Fair comments Paul. I do see a problem with restricting the chassis types in that there are so many of them out there and this list could become very long.

Solution: do what we do for the vintage class on a saturday which is drivers tell us what car they are running (when booking in/pre-booking). Any cars that are deemed unsuitable can (eg MI3,4,5s, TRFs, Xray T4s etc) then they can run TC or not score points.
As Paul said.. what we are currently allowing is working with room for expansion in to a pro heat (if enough enter the class)

Chris, we already check what chassis is being used..

I do need a chat with a couple of drivers regarding this

ps.. the Mini LIVES (evil laugh )

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.
Old 15-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddus74 View Post
I'll fit in with what ever as Clubman is the home of the Quinn ... I have plenty of rubbers for people that don't have any.

Scott - matchmacher Quinn

If I need rubbers Mr Quinn, I will be supplying my own thankyou!
rb5, Mission, F109, F103, F104v2 titanium, F104v2 black, 2 FF01s, FF03, TA02, TA04ss, TA04r, TA05, TT01, TL01, trf 415, M01, M02, 2 M03s, M04, M05, M06, XEVO, DB01, T2R Pro, TC3, b3, SC10, RC10 R5, E Revo, MR4 TC, MR4 TC worlds, MR4 BC SP, Ym34, xxx-t, Mad Rat, Predator DTM, Holiday Buggy (red), H.B (blue), dt03.
Old 19-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris brown View Post
If I need rubbers Mr Quinn, I will be supplying my own thankyou!
Ha ha ha ha