Old 07-03-2012

Default Arena X Round 5

Just a quick reminder that it is round 5 of the Arena X series this Sunday

Book in on the series web site @ www.arenax.co..uk

Cheers

Chris
Old 11-03-2012
Mad Member

First time I had been to the Arena X today and thought it was great. Thanks for an enjoyable day!
Old 11-03-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thanks A1 for another top track and another good day

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 11-03-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Yeah really good layout guys many thanks for everyones effort who helped to build the track and run the meeting.

Bit disappointed to have lost half a lap lead in the final because of hitting marshals recovering others cars on two seperate occasions through no fault of my own. I guess its part of racing but two? people stood on a 4 ft sq table top were impossible to avoid.

Maybe 11 cars in one final were a few too many with the benefit of hindsight and a 5 car B final would have been better for both drivers and marshals ?

Not to worry, have fun at the last round, a few of us will be at Rd 1 of the National Series so sadly will ave to miss out.

See you at the Regionals

See My Feedback

Old 11-03-2012

Thanks A1 Great days racing!!

www.wbmcc.com
Old 11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich D View Post
Yeah really good layout guys many thanks for everyones effort who helped to build the track and run the meeting.

Bit disappointed to have lost half a lap lead in the final because of hitting marshals recovering others cars on two seperate occasions through no fault of my own. I guess its part of racing but two? people stood on a 4 ft sq table top were impossible to avoid.

Maybe 11 cars in one final were a few too many with the benefit of hindsight and a 5 car B final would have been better for both drivers and marshals ?

Not to worry, have fun at the last round, a few of us will be at Rd 1 of the National Series so sadly will ave to miss out.

See you at the Regionals
Not sure what your problem is Rich, I had been reeling you in for ages before you drove into that marshal. That mishap merely advanced the inevitable

I'm not happy about the track design either, look what happened to my chassis

Hahaha Great job as always guys. Rich thoroughly deserved the win and I won't be adding this one to my cabinet hahaha.
Old 11-03-2012
Mad Member

You could bend a Centro chassis racing on a bubble wrapped bouncy castle!
Old 11-03-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Twigger View Post
Not sure what your problem is Rich, I had been reeling you in for ages before you drove into that marshal. That mishap merely advanced the inevitable

Hahaha Great job as always guys. Rich thoroughly deserved the win and I won't be adding this one to my cabinet hahaha.

A wins a win Andrew dont blame you for pushing in the last few corners

If you`d had a Vega it would have been a lot closer in the qualis

Good days racing anyway mate, hope you get a new chassis sorted for next weekend.

See My Feedback

Old 12-03-2012

Quote:

See you at the Regionals
With hindsight I'm inclinded to agree, but the problem with running less than ten car finals is that the drivers you "demote" to the B final then never have a chance of getting the hundred points so basically isn't fair.

I think in this situation it was just unlucky. The designated marshal for the table top had is hands full and the nearest marshal stepped in to help as you would expect at this level of competition... But as you say two marshalls on a 4ft square tabletop diesn't leave a lot of room for the cars!!

I'm glad everybody had a good day, it seriously was a good track again!
Old 12-03-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyro View Post
With hindsight I'm inclinded to agree, but the problem with running less than ten car finals is that the drivers you "demote" to the B final then never have a chance of getting the hundred points so basically isn't fair.

I think in this situation it was just unlucky. The designated marshal for the table top had is hands full and the nearest marshal stepped in to help as you would expect at this level of competition... But as you say two marshalls on a 4ft square tabletop diesn't leave a lot of room for the cars!!

I'm glad everybody had a good day, it seriously was a good track again!

Hiya bud,

No worries at all, just constructive critisism thats all, all in all i had a great day and thought the layout was superb

As far as it not being fair, well it kind of defeats the object of qualifying if everyone gains automatic A Final position and maximum points opportunity. I see where you`re coming from though when there were only 11 cars using the control tyres. Probably would have done just what you did if i was running the meeting at the time.

Now with the benefit of hindsight perhaps a reduced grid and points allocation modification is the best option for future rounds ?

I have collected someone myself whilst marshalling, sometimes its unavoidable. It was chaos , 4 shoes and two crashed cars on a 4ft drop off that you had to hit with speed or else you dropped into the gap as i found out

See you at the regionals, thanks again for your efforts

See My Feedback

Old 12-03-2012

Default A1

Well done a1"good day and some fantastic racing. Smithy and John well done and thanks for some of the closest racing I've seen in ages
Old 12-03-2012
Mad Member

Thanks for your feedback matey,

All comments/opinions either good/bad are welcome as it helps us to make improvements in running future meetings.

The A final was a bit chaotic as the lower numbers meant a wide spread of abilities on a challenging track.

This is A1 Racing Club's first ever proper winter series and now approaching the ending of our first year in running 1/10th electric meetings, so having the support of the east midlands regional clubs and its drivers plus the guests from elsewhere in the country is great, we are learning from you all with the support and from feedback we get you guys are overall enjoying the tracks and meetings, which is great stuff and makes it worth the work involved... next winter will only be bigger and better!

There was a great atmosphere trackside yesterday and i think the t-shirt weather made for a great meeting.

Thanks to those whom attended yesterday and thanks again for the support and feedback.

Theres one thing nobody can deny... you get plenty of tracktime at our meetings, there were still cars flying round the track an hour after the meeting finished yesterday!

The next and final Arena X round unfortunately clashes with the first BRCA National round, something that wasn't scheduled when our dates were chosen so unavoidable, a shame as we will miss some of you but A1 Racing Club wishes you all luck in the Nationals and hope to catch up with you at the BRCA Mid-East Regional series meetings.

Mark
Old 12-03-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooky View Post
Well done a1"good day and some fantastic racing. Smithy and John well done and thanks for some of the closest racing I've seen in ages
It was closer than your new shiny haircut
Old 12-03-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frecklychimp View Post
Thanks for your feedback matey,

All comments/opinions either good/bad are welcome as it helps us to make improvements in running future meetings.

The A final was a bit chaotic as the lower numbers meant a wide spread of abilities on a challenging track.

This is A1 Racing Club's first ever proper winter series and now approaching the ending of our first year in running 1/10th electric meetings, so having the support of the east midlands regional clubs and its drivers plus the guests from elsewhere in the country is great, we are learning from you all with the support and from feedback we get you guys are overall enjoying the tracks and meetings, which is great stuff and makes it worth the work involved... next winter will only be bigger and better!

There was a great atmosphere trackside yesterday and i think the t-shirt weather made for a great meeting.

Thanks to those whom attended yesterday and thanks again for the support and feedback.

Theres one thing nobody can deny... you get plenty of tracktime at our meetings, there were still cars flying round the track an hour after the meeting finished yesterday!

The next and final Arena X round unfortunately clashes with the first BRCA National round, something that wasn't scheduled when our dates were chosen so unavoidable, a shame as we will miss some of you but A1 Racing Club wishes you all luck in the Nationals and hope to catch up with you at the BRCA Mid-East Regional series meetings.

Mark
Thanks Mark appreciate that and thanks for your efforts too. See you at the regionals. Looking forward to those just as much as the nationals

See My Feedback

Old 12-03-2012
Mad Member

Quote:

See you at the Regionals
That corner was a pain in the arse to marshal all day. If there wasn't a car upside down on the ramp leading up to it, you had to quickly leg it off it to gather up the car that had come short on the down ramp, then avoid getting hit by the cars flying over the gap (which i got hit twice btw. ) The other problem was a couple of times I flipped over cars on the up ramp and they booted it and they either flipped over or span off the side, which is what I think what happened in the A final unfortunatley hence we had two people in the same place.

Has to be said though that and the extended wall of death were my favourite features of the day, and thankyou for getting rid of the cross over. The track I feel was the best one to date

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 12-03-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Twigger View Post
This reminds of when I used to race my Mardave Cobra... Active Kickup anybody?

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 12-03-2012

Thought the track was awesome apart from the drop off. But the track isn't there to be easy, so glad for the challenge!! Having marshalled that corner most of the day, had to say it was trickier to marshall than it was to drive!! Lol!

Life`s Boring unless your sideways.
Old 12-03-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

any chance you could put the vids on Chris

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 13-03-2012

Hi Folks

The results are now online:

http://www.arenax.co.uk/results/

Video's to follow.

Cheers

Chris