Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8th ELECTRIC Off Road

Old 26-01-2010

Erm, no guarantee about the rotors - I'd have a slipperential as added piece of mind - it allowed me to calm down (and not be so on edge worrying that this corner would be the last...) - so I got my best result ever - 4th in A Final after 20 minutes and only ~20s behind 1st place. I'd recommend it for UK tracks if using the T8 motor. If your local track is closer to a US track, then you have less to worry about.

The Zippy will be fine for testing - when you've got some good run time figures from that, then you know what capacity you'd need to get different run times. E.G: If the 5000mAh 5S pack nets you 25 minutes on the track (very different from bashing - I got about 1.8x the run time when bashing), then to do 15 minutes you'd only need a pack with 60% of the capacity - so a 3000mAh pack.
Old 26-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRS View Post
I ordered a Zippy 5S 5000mh 30c pack (cheap!) I know its a bit heavy but it doesnt bother me for now. I'd prob get a 2500-3000mh pack to race it to get it to a better weight.
For buggy yes that may be pretty heavy.

I was forced to be creative last weekend on a very looming track running my new mbx6t with a castle 2200 motor that was getting terrible milage during my practice runs and my math was telling me I was not going to make a 15 min race with my 5000k 4s set up. So, I paralleled 2x 3700 4s packs together for a whooping 7400mah. This thing was huge and heavy. I thought it would really slow me down and it did feel a bit more brick like on the track but with only 1 crash for 15min main I beat out several team drivers and pulled a 1st place win. The Truggies are just more weight forgiving.
Old 26-01-2010

Truggies are definately easier to set up with a brushless conversion - more space for all the bits allows you to mount stuff exactly where you want. The truggy also takes the weight better.
Old 28-01-2010

Send a message via MSN to BRS

Was looking at the MBX6 chassis last night with the 5S lipo sat ontop and thought... I wonder if it'll be possible to do away with the side guards and either get a narrow body from a D8e to fit or make a narrow Mugen one... hmmmm

I wouldnt mind a bash at making a body anyone had any experience of making a plug?

Hmm looking again on monster the side guard needs to be on the battey side not enough room...
Old 08-02-2010

Send a message via MSN to BRS

Anyone know if the Kyosho mod1 plastic spur fits the MBX6 diff?
Old 08-02-2010

It probably will, but will need some filing/modification.