Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Mardave

Old 22-02-2011

Default national comittee

who are the official national mardave comittee
the ones pushing for brca membership
if anyone knows any of them can they get them to put the proposed rules up on here and let the whole country discuse the issues with motors and batterys especially while mardave is up for helping
Old 22-02-2011

Paul of rccircuitcars.com started the ball rolling Mark Cooper is the chairman and we are awaiting for him to give his statement some of the so called rules and debates can be found on the above site Steve hope this helps mate.
Im sure when Mark Cooper has things 100% he will post up but after talking to Mark he wants to get it right from the word go so im sure you guys will be happy to wait while he works his way through what he needs to do
Old 22-02-2011

can mark post the proposed rules here
i did the nationals,my brother won the brushless and i was second
it was there i got worried about all the speculation
3.7 volt lipos are useless everyone ive seen has been off the pace or twitching with regulator problems
push to hard and the motor pinches it all voltage so u carnt steer ,nothing is desighned to run on 3.7 volts
we want to go fast not slower and dont want more useless fixes
im sure mardave could get us wound 2000kv motors or 1500kv and hes not bothered about what speedos we use 7.4 lipos has got to be considered.
he charges £40 quid for a motor and considering how long they last thats not bad.
and at least get mardave to put the proposed rules on his website for everyone to see and we can debate it elsewere
you could get a batch of motors made for as little as £7 check out emax
Old 22-02-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo16v View Post
3.7 volt lipos are useless everyone ive seen has been off the pace or twitching with regulator problems
push to hard and the motor pinches it all voltage so u carnt steer ,nothing is desighned to run on 3.7 volts
can't see why they don't work as the UK & USA 12th pan-cars are not having any issues like you describe using 3.7v & boosters
CFR RCTV Channel
Glenn Atterton

BRCA 2005 1/10th Off-Road Veterans Champion
LMP12 National Champion 2003/2004 / F3 class
Old 22-02-2011

maybe because there lighter or there motors dont pull the voltage they take the amps instead
everyone i know has gone back to nimh
Old 22-02-2011

We use 3.7 lipos and voltage boost at holbeach in our mardaves and i dont think you would want anything a lot faster.Very reliable.
Dont use a cheap booster. They dont last very long at all.
We use 13.5 motors.
Old 22-02-2011

what make of motor and size do you use, and booster ?
do other clubs in your area run this format so u can go and race against other people or are they doing there own thing ,cheers mate
Old 22-02-2011

what make of motor and size do you use, and booster ?
do other clubs in your area run this format so u can go and race against other people or are they doing there own thing

Motors-- various
lrp x12
old novak
new type novak
lrp tc spec
basically anything they used to use in their tourers,they use in the mardaves
Boosters--Novak smart boost mainly,rc dynamics do one,a bit dearer but ok
the real cheapy version,cant remember what they are called are only fit for the bin.
we used to have a class called Supadaves ,which you could use what motor you liked. A couple of the drivers,namely Nathan Waters and Adam Mackman used 6.5 gm speedos(with a single 3.7 lipo) and were beating the tourers using 10.5 top of the range speedos,lipos etc.
Not sure of any other clubs within a 50 mile radius that run this format apart from a club at Leverton near Boston,but there drivers come and race at Holbeach every wed night.
Check out the videos on our website--Holbeachrcmodelcarclub.co.uk
HTH
Tony
Old 23-02-2011

vote for 1s lipo 13.5t here, i use a hobbywing speedo with a voltage booster built in. Its the same as the speed passion GT2.1 EX and can use timing and boost etc. I'd say this has a nice balance of speed and handling. With the boost timing features available, you can crank it up for the straights and reel it in for the technical twisty stuff.

Xray, Zen

Maclan, Surpass, SRT, Futaba

MUST GO FASTER!!

Last edited by Buck_Rodgers; 23-02-2011 at 12:57 AM. Reason: correction
Old 23-02-2011

I use a tekin rs with x12 6.5 1s and only use a less then 2dollar booster frm hk and never had any problems :-)
Old 23-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianhaye View Post
I use a tekin rs with x12 6.5 1s and only use a less then 2dollar booster frm hk and never had any problems :-)
6.5? bit overkill that lol

Xray, Zen

Maclan, Surpass, SRT, Futaba

MUST GO FASTER!!
Old 24-02-2011

Hi All

Well rules not quite set yet but think along these lines and you cant go wrong

Brushed class

4 cell NiMh ESC limit possable £70 and G2 motor
Brushless Class

1s LiPo 13.5 motor ESC will be NO TURBO OR BOOST so a standard Brushless ESC

but hope Mark can post asap
Old 25-02-2011

so brushed will be the same speed as brushless ?
and hundreds of people who have bought mardave brushless systems through out the country run in which class ?
ellesmere port and neston were intrested in running a round of the national series but wont with those rules as most of there drivers wont be cattered for.
me and my brother raced at the nationals and when the vote was done,we wernt told ,looked like it was done in house .if ur part of the brca ur supose to have an annual agm were all brca members are notified and voted on any series that doesnt take major input from the manufaturer may look on the up but the other side of the hill is very slippery on the way down
sorry dont mean to be negative but mardave must have sold hundreds of his brushless systems
Old 25-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo16v View Post
if ur part of the brca ur supose to have an annual agm were all brca members are notified and voted on any series
As far as I am aware this is nothing to do with the BRCA, as there is no BRCA Mardave section. Some people may be trying to form one, but it doesn't currently exist, and the people involved are not BRCA committee members.

I would assume that what is being described are proposals for the rules, should a BRCA Mardave section be formed. Any rules will have to be voted on at the BRCA AGM, which happens once a year in October. It doesn't happen on forums or in private meetings.

As far as the outlined rules go, these sound very sensible. The brushless class should really just be a low-maintanance class that's about the same speed as 4cell/G2, which will allow them to run together at clubs with smaller numbers.
Old 25-02-2011

Hi everyone interested in Mardave circuit racing.
These are the rules we are currently running to at Hinckley and which will hopefully be the basis of any BRCA Mardave Circuit Section

2011 MARDAVE CONSTRUCTION RULES
CHASSIS AND COMPONENTS
STANDARD BRUSHED G2 / STOCK BRUSHLESS 13.5
Cars to be Mardave V12 or Caterham 7 based chassis and suspension. The car chassis plate may be drilled / cut-out to improve weight distribution / cooling, providing no sharp edges are left. No composite chassis allowed
Ball races allowed on both front and rear axles.
Either 32 or 48 dp pinion and spur gear may be used.
Mardave Differentials will be allowed.
Car suspension and wheel carriers shall remain as kit.
The use of countersunk holes and screws on the underside of the chassis is recommended but not mandatory.
Chassis top mounting may be changed, altered or removed.
The motor may be fitted to either side of the chassis, providing that there are no major modifications or alterations to the chassis or mounting blocks.
No external bumpers are permitted, although internal foam bumpers are recommended on the front.
Any make of servo, servo saver or track rod ends may be used on the cars steering system.
SUPERDAVE
As above but composite chassis allowed
BODYSHELL
Any commercially available Mardave or Kamtec, ABS or Lexan body shells may be used. The shell must remain securely fixed to the car throughout the race. Windows may be cut out on ABS shells.
No supplementary aerofoils or fins shall be fitted to the body with the exception of a rear wing if desirable. This wing must be non metallic, commercially available and securely fixed.
The body shell can be decorated to suit the individuals taste providing all coatings are of a permanent nature
The rear of the body shell should remain intact, i.e. not cut-out above the lower bumper line.
ELECTRICS
STANDARD BRUSHED
Any type, make and capacity of speed controller may be used providing it includes reverse.(MAX UK rrp £69.99)
Cars to use four cells only, cells to be sub-C sized cells only, with a nominal voltage of 1.2 volts per cell, cells to be NiCad and Nimh’s and be listed on the BRCA electric board approved battery list. Battery mountings may be changed from the original.
Brushed Motors will be the Mardave G2 unit; At a GP, these motors will be issued to competitors at the beginning of the meeting. Additional ‘control’ motors will be available during the meeting. No other motors are allowed. Under no circumstances are fan motors, re-buildable motors, fitting of external bearings or skimming of motor armatures allowed.
Heatsinks with cooling fans are allowed
STOCK BRUSHLESS 13.5
No ESC’s with Boost/Turbo function. Only forward / reverse Brushless ESC’s from the following list may be used.
Fusion: - Exceed (Sport*, Race, Pro)
Castle Creations: - Mamba Max Pro.
LRP:- Ai Brushless Reverse, Ai Brushless Pro Reverse, SPX Brushless Reverse, SPX Brushless Bullet Reverse.
Nosram: - Evil Reverse, Evil Power Reverse, Matrix Brushless Reverse, Matrix Power Brushless Reverse.
Novak: - GTB (GTB 4 Cell, GTB, GTB Spectrum) GTB2, Havoc 1 Cell, Havoc Sport.
- *This is the preferred ESC used by most club members. Other suitable ESC’s may be added from time to time
NOTE: - Please make your own checks on compatibility with regards to 1s lipo use.
Brushless motors to have a minimum of 13.5 turns and a maximum UK rrp of £69.99
Cars to use 1s Lipo 3.7 volt batteries. In the short term, 4cell Nims 4.8 volt may be used but with a 150g weight penalty. 3cell Nims 3.6 volt may also be used without penalty.
Plastic whip aerials are allowed
Battery mountings may be changed from original.
Fitting of additional bearings to support the motor shaft are allowed.
SUPERDAVE
No ESC’s with Boost/Turbo function. Other than the Mardave G2BL, only forward / reverse Brushless ESC’s from the above list may be used.
Brushless motors other than the one in the Mardave G2BL system to be 10.5 turn minimum.
Plastic whip aerials are allowed.
Battery mountings may be changed from original.
Fitting of additional bearings to support the motor shaft are allowed.
TIRES
The tires may be changed from the original kit tires
Tires to be Min 20mm Max 26mm width and have a Max 60mm diameter. No minimum diameter for tires, but the tire must cover the wheel. Any foam tire make or compound allowed.
GENERAL SETUP
Any commercially available tire additive may be used providing it is non toxic, odourless and any excess is removed from the surface of the tires and tires to be ‘Touch Dry’ prior to the start of the race.
Varying types of springs and methods of limiting suspension travel may be used.
Minimum car ride height will be no lower than 3mm, 1mm at the spur gear.
Minimum car weight is 1kg (1000g)
Commercially available comm. drops may be applied to the motor armatures. PLEASE NOTE Any car not conforming to the above rules will still be allowed to race but may be placed in a class other than Mardave and will NOT gain any championship points
Old 25-02-2011

Send a message via ICQ to truggy lover
Default few questions

why does a speedo have to have reverse ? are marshalls not on track and why the motor price limit, that stops me runing my dave at your club because the rrp of my 13.5t motor is £95 the x12 or norsam

if you can throw £70 at a motor surely you can add £20 more pointless to say a limit to me you may say i am bias

and nice to see the cirtix was removed from the list a fellow racer bought one thinking he could run it at your club only to find it doesnt have reverse so is useless
Old 25-02-2011

Send a message via ICQ to truggy lover

And on dales point i think he is right to get the mardave section brca sactioned it would have to be voted for and all the committee also voted in at a AGM meeting
Old 25-02-2011

We have always run reverse in Mardaves at Hinckley and it is also a requirement at many other clubs as well as the Mardave circuit series. I think this is a throwback to oval racing.
I do apologise and have done to a person at the last round of the above series re the Cirtix esc, the Speed Passion manual was not very clear re the sportsman version (the only one without reverse) I believe the older version had reverse.
It may well be that when rules are finalised for the Circuit section, reverse could be recommended but not compulsory with Hinckley following suit.

Truggy lover, you are welcome to race at Hinckley with your expensive motor but you would not be entitled to any championship points or you could sell it and get TWO Exceed motors.
Mardave racing is supposed to be the cheap fun end of the sport and we aim to keep it close, the G2 4cell ni-mh verses the 13.5 1s lipo systems we currently use are close.
I presume the £95 generation of motors ARE quicker than the cheaper ones? If not why bother spending that amount?
Old 25-02-2011

couldnt mardave have a suitible motor wound,his are £40 quid and a cracking little motor ,ive had mine a year and a half and its still as fast as the day i bought it and there very consitant for speed , iknow his early stuff had it problems but now the speedos and motors are well sorted,even the repair time is good ,i had mine returned in 4 days
Old 26-02-2011

Send a message via MSN to mcjjordan Send a message via Skype™ to mcjjordan

i sent my brushless mardave system back to mtroniks to have software update back in october and am still waiting.......