Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Mardave

Old 26-02-2011

Just to let every one know. . .

I sent out over 120 e-mails in October / November to ALL THE CLUBS on the brca site and on mardaves site saying that we were trying to form a Mardave BRCA section and this would take place at Ardent on the 20th of Feb as most people that race them would also be there as its the last of the onroad section and that after the event we were to have a 20min chat to sort out a committee rules etc

Now then out of the many E-mails I sent I ony got 6 reply's

So ask your club why you where not told about it

possable went into the bin or " No I did not recive any thing . . . "

I wish I knew about this site as I could have posted on here as well but there is so many Forums out there I do not know of but at least its now getting noticed

At Hinckley and Ardent we run both the G2 4cell and 13.5 in the same heat and it is very close racing I can tell you its just the brushless is the same week after week and no black art in G2 setups

But I did send out to all clubs to reach every one with pleanty of time to reply but like I said only 6 replyed and it was just the Ardent and Hinckley lot who stayed behind . . .

Any way I hope it gets up & running and I do hope you all turn up at the AGM in October to point views across

Hope this info helps

Gazza

P.S Mark Cooper got the vote as Chairman
James Carvell as Scruitineer ( rules )
Marti as Sectary I think

Last edited by Gazza; 26-02-2011 at 01:25 AM. Reason: up date with P.S
Old 26-02-2011

Yes Gaz that's right ish lol

Mark Cooper as chairman
James Carvell as scrutineer (scrutineer and the Rules)
Matthias McBride "Marti" as treasurer

There are still some posts to fill and people are being contacted about these, i'm sure Mark will make a statement/post with some more info as it becomes available.

Regards Marti.
Old 26-02-2011

though he had all that sorted now,explains why everyone want to use other gear,£70 for a motor just seemed steep especially went motor technoligy is moving along at such a pace ,uyou could buy one then next month a different faster on comes out ,1 manufacturer sounds better and a 10.5 ,if im buying sumthing i want to go faster
Old 26-02-2011

Well just imagine it as say a 1/12th or Touring car rules they want to go faster. . . WHY

yet another long debate I guess

you all in the same boat

You have to draw the line some where and the price of the Fusion motor at £40 is a good deal

We will just have to wait to see what the final rules will be I guess but the Fusion combo of ESC and Motor at £85 I think is real good

http://www.tonysmodelsandhobbies.co....earch=&sought=
Old 26-02-2011

i also tryed the mroniks brushless and thought it could have been a lot batter, after about 2 months, sent back twice and only getting to do 2 meets with it due to it being for reapirs, having probs with it at both meets soon got a refund and moved on, end of the day you get what u pay for, each club sgould have there own say it there rules, and if going to nationals i gotta be pretty sersious in the hobby so even thou most of us dont like spending money but we have to do get a decant set up rather than something thats cheaper but with a higher rsik that could let us down
Old 26-02-2011

Send a message via ICQ to truggy lover

i bought a mardave after not having one for a while mainly cos the g2 motors were so hit and miss so when i heard that at Adrent you can run what you have this atracted me and a few others back to it i run a full on turbo speedo with out the turbo and no reverse and have run a 10.5 nosram pure (X12 lrp) but am now running a nosram pure 13.5t which is what i had so was easy to setup and run a mardave again others run novak gtb and even other running tekin speedo's in them

So the argument of making it cheaper for peeps to get into it sucks for racers changing over from say touring car like me , i have to sell kit i have at a LOSS to buy more kit that others say i can run , thats why i like running at ardent !!! run what ya got
Old 26-02-2011

Unhappy

I think we will all have to wait i think till Mark Cooper can give us a statement on his aims and goals
Old 26-02-2011

Paul i disagree , it isnt about what he wants its about all the racers (but will see what he comes up with ) why has no one even done a poll to see what people actually want to run
Old 26-02-2011

Yes your all correct. . . . .

its hard to please every one but as the 1s LiPo war is going one you can pick up these from as little as £25 ( poss cheaper )And you only need 1
boosters these go for about £5 and the fusion 13.5 motor for £40 so its getting cheaper I think the only Major expense is the ESC but I do like the GTB stock one and I may go for this my self ( running tekin at the mo )
Old 26-02-2011

in these plans are there going to be previvions for a open class i.e. run what ever you want ?
Old 26-02-2011

Sorry if that came over wrong truggy lover what i mean is we will have to wait for him to tell us whats going on!!! you can read the threads at
www.rccircuitcars.com mate may give you a brief insight.
i just wish mark would make a statement who his committee are and what the goals are!!!!!!!
Old 26-02-2011

thats what i am trying to say Paul a COMMITTEE have to be voted in at a BRCA AGM not at a 20 minute meeting at the end of a race meet , not being funny just saying
Old 26-02-2011

The Comittee is TEMPORARY. . .

It is to get it up and running ready for the AGM in October where any one can propose and vote. .
other wise there would be no one there to organise it and a room full of members . . . .

its just a short cut ready for the main event

I hope it gets peoples attention and what evere rules do come out we run them till October and can see what works and what does not but again I cant say my self as I to am waiting for them to post to see whats going on
Old 27-02-2011

I think the time should be spent between now and October for the temPorary commity putting the feelers out to the racers via the forums etc and see what feed back is around, what the racers want. I certainly don't agree with the reverse rule, it shouldn't be mandatory, alot of other RC nationals, touring etc you are NOT allowed reverse. That's what marshals are for! Slight tangent, if a car has reverse it should have an indication on it so a marshal doesn't go bounding across the track to have the car turn round and do one! I have watched this ruin other drivers racing because a marshal is in the way for no reason. Yes I have a cirtix speedo, so yes I am bias toward the reverse rule, and as for the temporary rules in place till October is not an option, they should be brought to the table at the proposed AGM in October and voted in and then into force at the start of the 2012 racing season or at the start of a clubs winter series 2011. I certainly have no intention of going out to buy another speedo to use when I followed the correct procedures to start with. My 2 pence.

www.bedworthRC.com
www.cmcc-online.com
www.ardentracing.com
www.jcracingproducts.co.uk

My Trader Feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46608
Old 27-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyghost View Post
Yes Gaz that's right ish lol

Mark Cooper as chairman
James Carvell as scrutineer (scrutineer and the Rules)
Matthias McBride "Marti" as treasurer

There are still some posts to fill and people are being contacted about these, i'm sure Mark will make a statement/post with some more info as it becomes available.

Regards Marti.
its not a closed shop it needs to be put on every site so people can have the chance to go forward for postions
Old 28-02-2011

Found the e-mail That I sent out to all clubs etc this was on the 22nd of Nov 2010

Hi

You may have heard of a small on road car called a Mardave . .. you have

Does it bring back memorys when you first started racing all them years ago. . . it does
Well we Mardave racers think its about time we had a BRCA section so we can race this great Little British car all over the UK but would like to have some set rules . . you do

Ok
I have just come off the phone to MR Dawson who says as soon as the meeting is over we can have a quick chat vote etc

So the last round of the Mardave V12 circuit series will be held at

Ardent Raceway on the 20th Febuary 2011
Web Address: Ardent Racing

Address: Cross House Yard, Main St Derby, Kings Newton Derby, DBY, DE73 8BT

Where we will be hoping to set up a committee and push this to the BRCA want to voice your view . . you do Great see you there and if you have an old " DAVE " why not bring it down and have a race as well

Please feel free to pass on and post on your club site

There is a lot of info and chat going on & this can be found on http://rccircuitcars.com/

thanks Gary

this was sent to over 120 CLUBS
Old 28-02-2011

Send a message via MSN to mcjjordan Send a message via Skype™ to mcjjordan

we never got one
Old 28-02-2011

was sent to

smrccc@hotmail.co.uk
Old 28-02-2011

And as far as i know we never got an email

Holbeach Model car club
Old 28-02-2011

Is it (was it ) on Mardave site or Brca site ( as of 22nd November ) becaues if it was not then how was I or any one else suppose to know

But thats what was sent out

I also noted some sites had NO contact details so you could NOT e-mail them and some even replied Not intrested we are run a Touring Cars / 1/8th I.C / Bikes / Buggy etc . . . wish I kept the list now LOL