Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Mardave

Old 23-03-2011

Thumbs up New Rules . . New ESC

Well getting ready for the NEW Mardave Rules I decided to go with the Novak GTB 2

I have taken out the Tekin and ready for some testing

So with a stock ESC and no turbo & boost will I still be on the pace
Old 25-03-2011

Are these new rules available to see? Can't seem to find them.
Old 25-03-2011

u wont find them because they dont exist yet,theres sum proposals being put together ,are clubs goin to stick with are own rules as we dont want to turn are mardaves into £300 saloon cars
Old 25-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo16v View Post
u wont find them because they dont exist yet,theres sum proposals being put together ,are clubs goin to stick with are own rules as we dont want to turn are mardaves into £300 saloon cars
The day they do that is the day mums and dads wont be buying their kids a cheap little entry car and clubs lose out on potential members and money. One kid has friends who would go along to see him race and want to join themselves. Put it out of their price range and we all lose out.
Old 25-03-2011

well said ,i dont want to spend £70 quid on a speedo then £70 quid for a motor only to find next week theres a faster motor out ,we have always bought mardave stuff ,all the cars are the same speed,i like to win fair,not win by spending !
Old 25-03-2011

are we all jumping the gun shall we wait and see if the rules get adopted first before we pull holes in things the guys are trying to get the dave noticed in its own right within the brca under its own section as a circuit racer.
maybe if you look at the back garden tinklers you will see this cheap car has come on leaps and bounds and now no longer a entry level toy car so i for one shall wait and see first
Old 25-03-2011

do agreed should be cheap fun class all down to driver skill.

http://www.oople.com/forums/image.ph...ine=1360240269
Old 25-03-2011

with the cost of motors and Top cells its way cheaper to go 13.5 B/less one the best combos is the fusion Logic 13.5 and ESC for £85then of coures you will need ONE lipo pack not half a dozen

The B/less scene is going Stock ESC . . . So no timing or boost so cheap running still

I have about 9 motors sitting in me workshop and all have lost there edge so £8 X 9 motors . . . Brushless is way cheaper

But dont get us wrong the G2 and 4cell will be around for ages yet
Old 26-03-2011

Send a message via ICQ to truggy lover

think the problem is guys you have said about rules and there is still no sign of them , if the rules were put up people can at least start to get there kit onn the legal side of things the new season is nearly on us and i for one want to see them so i can get sorted ASAP !!!!

get the rules up finalised or not we might even help with some converstation on here after all its for all of us
Old 26-03-2011

I was looking at a Mardave as I'm moving closer to Ardent soon and this looked like a cheap fun form of racing but if everything is going to change soon I don't want to waste my money.

I can't see any reason to get involved this year so I'll be looking at a different class.
Old 26-03-2011

the Yeti, the Loch Ness Monster, life on other planets, Mardave rules.

all of the above are just rumours and not real!! lets be honest where is the difficulty? this has been on going for the last 20 years. simplistically

StockDave
13.5 brushless and lipo/G2 4 cell £100 motor/speedo combo limit (ukrrp)

BrushlessDave
13.5 Brushless and lipo motor/speedo £200 limit (ukrrp)

SuperDave
Any motor, any speedo, any batteries within reason.

this had been dragged along for ages, i do appreciate that this was all started with the best intentions but its snowballed already, why does it need a tresurer, a chairman, a secretary, it needs to have the foundations set first before the finer points are sorted, somany clubs have so many of their own rules, surely everyones voice should be heard.

Strange question, has anyone spoke to Chris, in theory he is the supplier to this sport, surely he needs an input

My thoughts

www.bedworthRC.com
www.cmcc-online.com
www.ardentracing.com
www.jcracingproducts.co.uk

My Trader Feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46608
Old 26-03-2011
Mad Member

Racing mardaves costs more than tc's at a club level as if you want to win you have to have a v60 esc (£60) and get a new motor every 4 weeks at a tenner a pop. Slapping in a STD brushless and lipo would make it much cheaper. Good cells are hard to find and cost stupid amounts when you do find em.
Old 26-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatmix View Post
Racing mardaves costs more than tc's at a club level as if you want to win you have to have a v60 esc (£60) and get a new motor every 4 weeks at a tenner a pop. Slapping in a STD brushless and lipo would make it much cheaper. Good cells are hard to find and cost stupid amounts when you do find em.
It only costs the amount you spend, I run weekly, motors last if you look after them, if you dont want to spend £60 on a v60 esc dont buy one I have a mtroniks 4cell mardave esc. Simples.

~Tiverton Radio Control Car Club-
Old 26-03-2011

i run a mardave brushless system ,2 years old and still as fast as the day i bought it,u dont need top cells to win
Old 26-03-2011

your missing the point sooner or later cells nimh wont be available
Old 26-03-2011

As someone looking to start mardave racing there is so much confusion in what to buy. I don't want to buy kit now only to find I need to replace it in 6 months time. I would be better off just buying a touring car.

Mardaves look fun but with no specific rules at the moment I fear I would just be buying kit that may only be good for a few months and then have to spend out again. I want to buy 1 motor,lipo,speed controller and chassis knowing it will be good for a couple of years. It's what I've read this class used to be about, cheap affordable fun close racing.
Old 26-03-2011

exactly fella i just sold a speedo and now need to know what i can buy so as to be legal for the rules incoming

wish some one would commit and speak up
Old 26-03-2011

I run one motor and two packs of cells. If I'd bought the right pack the first time then I'd probably manage on one pack. Whilst I want to move to brushless at some point I'm going to hold on to my money until the new rules get ratified. Until then I hope to have many more races up at Ardent with my "stock" four-cell brushed setup!
Old 26-03-2011

Send a message via MSN to mcjjordan Send a message via Skype™ to mcjjordan

so what about all of us that have already bought the mardave brushless setup that was designed for the car?
its now sitting on a shelf as the oval side has binned it.
could it now be used but with restrictions on the settings ie 60% maximum speed or something along those lines.
there should be an increase of used ones for sale from oval guys .....
Old 26-03-2011

OK GUYS HERE ARE THE RULES FOR THE 5 ROUND SERIES AT ARDENT SEE WEBSITE FOR ANY FURTHER INFO

(FOR THE PROPOSED BRCA SECTION)
2011 MARDAVE CIRCUIT CAR CONSTRUCTION RULES

CHASSIS AND COMPONENTS
GENERAL CONSTRUCTION RULES
Cars to be Mardave V12 or Caterham 7 based chassis and suspension. The car chassis plate may be drilled / cut-out to improve weight distribution / cooling, providing no sharp edges are left. No composite chassis allowed
Ball races allowed on both front and rear axles.
Either 32 or 48 dp pinion and spur gear may be used.
Mardave Differentials will be allowed.
Car suspension and wheel carriers shall remain as kit although any commercially available springs may be used.
The use of countersunk holes and screws on the underside of the chassis is recommended but not mandatory.
Body mounts may be changed or altered.
Wiper board mounting plate may be changed, altered or removed.
The motor may be fitted to either side of the pod, either directly or via a spacer/plate(to prevent heat transfer and softening of the blocks, or for weight distribution) providing that there are no alterations to the mounting blocks.(Thinning of pod to give clearance to motor wires, drilling of a hole for access to pinion grub screw and/or addition of tie bar to prevent distortion are permissible)
No external bumpers are permitted, although a firm foam internal bumper is mandatory on the front.(10mm minimum cross section)
Any make of servo, servo saver or track rod ends may be used on the cars steering system.
SUPERDAVE
As above but composite chassis allowed. Dimensions not to exceed those of the standard chassis and must be one piece, i.e. no “T” bar or link style. Wheelbase and track as V12 kit.
BODYSHELL
Any commercially available body shell manufactured specifically for the Mardave V12 in either ABS or Lexan may be used. Shells from manufacturers other than Mardave and Kamtec must be submitted to the committee for approval. Realistic representations of full size racing cars positively encouraged. NOTE, NO 1/12 WEDGES. The shell must remain securely fixed to the car throughout the race. Windows may be cut out on ABS shells.
No supplementary aerofoils or fins shall be fitted to the body with the exception of a realistic size rear wing if desirable. This wing must be non metallic, commercially available and securely fixed.
The body shell can be decorated to suit the individuals taste providing all coatings are of a permanent nature
The rear of the body shell should remain intact, i.e. not cut-out above the lower bumper line.
ELECTRICS STANDARD BRUSHED
Any type, make and capacity of speed controller may be used providing it includes reverse.(MAX UK rrp £69.99)
Cars to use four cells only, cells to be sub-C sized cells only, with a nominal voltage of 1.2 volts per cell, cells to be NiCad and Nimh’s only. Battery mountings may be changed from the original.
Brushed Motors will be the Mardave G2 unit; At a National or GP, these motors will be issued to competitors at the time of booking in.(INCLUDED IN ENTRY FEE) Additional ‘control’ motors will be available during the meeting. No other motors are allowed.
Under no circumstances are fan motors, re-buildable motors, fitting of external bearings or skimming of motor commutators allowed.
Heatsinks with cooling fans are allowed.
STOCK BRUSHLESS 13.5
Only forward / reverse Brushless ESC’s with NO TURBO or BOOST or on the fly timing advance function from the following list may be used:-
Fusion: - Exceed (Sport, Race, Pro) Castle Creations: - Mamba Max Pro. LRP:- Ai Brushless Reverse, Ai Brushless Pro Reverse, SPX Brushless Reverse, - SPX Brushless Bullet Reverse. Nosram: - Evil Reverse, Evil Power Reverse, Matrix Brushless Reverse, Matrix Power Brushless Reverse
Novak: - GTB (GTB 4 Cell, GTB, GTB Spectrum) GTB2, Havoc 1 Cell, Havoc Sport. Tekin:- R1(sensor less) Other suitable ESC’s may be added from time to time
Anyone wishing to use an esc not on the above list should submit said esc to the committee for checking and inclusion into the rules
NOTE: - Please make your own checks on compatibility with regards to reverse function and 1s lipo use.
Brushless motors to have a minimum of 13.5 turns and a maximum UK rrp of £75.00
Cars to use 1s Lipo 3.7 volt batteries. In the short term, 4cell Nims 4.8 volt may be used but with a 150g weight penalty. 3cell Nims 3.6 volt may also be used without penalty. Note:- weight difference between 1s lipo and 4 cell Nimh is approx. 150g
Plastic whip aerials are allowed
Battery mountings may be changed from original.
Fitting of additional bearings to support the motor shaft are allowed.
SUPERDAVE
Any forward / reverse or forward only Brushless ESC with NO TURBO or BOOST or on the fly timing advance function may be used.
Cars with no reverse are used at drivers own risk and must have a fluorescent sticker on the roof
The Mardave G2BL system may be used.
NOTE: - Please make your own checks on compatibility with regards to reverse function and 1s lipo use.
Brushless motors other than the one in the Mardave G2BL system to be 10.5 turn minimum. Maximum UK rrp of £75.00
4 Cell nimh may be used until the end of 2011 or until the end of a series if it continues into 2012.
Plastic whip aerials are allowed.
Battery mountings may be changed from original.
Fitting of additional bearings to support the motor shaft are allowed.
Composite chassis allowed. Dimensions not to exceed those of the standard chassis and must be one piece, i.e. no “T” bar or link style. Wheelbase and track as V12 kit.
TIRES
The tires may be changed from the original kit tires
Tires to be Min 20mm Max 26mm width and have a Max 60mm diameter. No minimum diameter for tires, but the tire must cover the wheel. Any foam tire make or compound allowed.
GENERAL SETUP
Any commercially available tire additive may be used providing it is non toxic, odourless and any excess is removed from the surface of the tires and tires to be ‘Touch Dry’ prior to the start of the race.
Minimum car ride height will be no lower than 3mm, 1mm at the spur gear.
Minimum car weight is 1kg (1000g). Brushless with 4 cells Nimh is 1150g.
Commercially available comm. drops may be applied to the motor commutator PLEASE NOTE Any car not conforming to the above rules will still be allowed to race but will NOT gain any championship points.
ANY manufactures new parts or bodyshells must be readily available to everyone at least 28 days prior to a national or GP race meeting for inclusion.