Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Mardave

Old 28-03-2011

Send a message via ICQ to truggy lover

interesting the results of the poll i set up to see if when you started you started with new or second hand kit
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66450
61% second hand
39% new

no as this is aimed at helping new peeps into the sport i think the figures tell a tale , i my self even though i have been racing for 10 years still buy kit second hand one for the price and two to see if its any good before i committ

i think most peeps do draw your own conclusions from the results
Old 28-03-2011

Default Motor Costs.

Has anybody sat and worked out how much it costs to keep replacing the G2 motor throughout a year?
Most the lads i speak to easily spent more than the cost of a brushless motor on G2 motors throughout a year, plus there no messing about.
And mainly the amount of tampering and tinkering i was hearing about at the mardave GP last year was quite frankly annoying.
Running brushless doesnt get rid of g2 standard mardave racing it just moves the sport along like in any form of racing ie getting rid of 2 stroke Bikes in moto and supercross. it will happen eventually but this is a way of integrating, and stepping forward with the sport just like touring cars and such into the inevitable future.
Old 28-03-2011

Send a message via MSN to mcjjordan Send a message via Skype™ to mcjjordan

i went out and bought the mardave brushless system last year as i got fed up with the incosistancy of the brushed motors,
and after some teething issues was pleased with my first brushless purchase
however since it got banned from oval racing its been sat to one side.
now i find out it will be in superdave class against much higher spec cars once again so still wont be competative.
-Doh!
i like the idea of updating to brushless and lipo as am getting fed up with nimh cells as it does seems the best cells is what gives you wins and they are alot of messing around to get the best out of them.

its definetly the future but im waiting this time till the dust has set.
Old 28-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjjordan View Post
i went out and bought the mardave brushless system last year as i got fed up with the incosistancy of the brushed motors,
and after some teething issues was pleased with my first brushless purchase
however since it got banned from oval racing its been sat to one side.
now i find out it will be in superdave class against much higher spec cars once again so still wont be competative.
-Doh!
i like the idea of updating to brushless and lipo as am getting fed up with nimh cells as it does seems the best cells is what gives you wins and they are alot of messing around to get the best out of them.

its definetly the future but im waiting this time till the dust has set.
Under these rules you will be able to use it in the stock 13.5/stock mardave class as long as you run a 13.5 motor.
Not the superdave class.
I have a GTB and 13.5 brushless setup which i will be using in the stock 13.5/stock class.
Old 28-03-2011

Send a message via MSN to mcjjordan Send a message via Skype™ to mcjjordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Churk View Post
Under these rules you will be able to use it in the stock 13.5/stock mardave class as long as you run a 13.5 motor.
Not the superdave class.
I have a GTB and 13.5 brushless setup which i will be using in the stock 13.5/stock class.

so i could just change the motor?
Old 28-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Churk View Post
Has anybody sat and worked out how much it costs to keep replacing the G2 motor throughout a year?
Most the lads i speak to easily spent more than the cost of a brushless motor on G2 motors throughout a year, plus there no messing about.
And mainly the amount of tampering and tinkering i was hearing about at the mardave GP last year was quite frankly annoying.
Running brushless doesnt get rid of g2 standard mardave racing it just moves the sport along like in any form of racing ie getting rid of 2 stroke Bikes in moto and supercross. it will happen eventually but this is a way of integrating, and stepping forward with the sport just like touring cars and such into the inevitable future.
i see where your coming from churk,but where is the sense in paying 90quid for a VRX or in my case the 56quid for my club kit,then spending 100 and what ever on motor and esc
Old 28-03-2011

[QUOTE 1=Gazza

but open your eyes there is a lot of clubs running 13.5 and LiPo they want it and we have gave it to them there is more people out there that just your self Quote]

Now that you have thrown your handbag in the corner. Yes my eyes are wide open and i have been reading all the posts about these changes. If you do not like people making comment's which is all i did, then why post things on here

the only difference between 13.5 and superdave is the motor basically as everyone will probually run the esc listed in the 13.5 class. superdave is what it says SUPER, use what you want (esc / Motor). How can super dave be super if you propose which ESc that people can use. Surely Super is any motor and any ESC with 1cell lipo.

I have seen what loads of changes to the rules did to touring cars over the years, dont let it happen to a form of racing which can introduce loads of people to RC racing. Which is MARDAVE. In my view as Churk said it should be as follows

Class 1
Standard Mardave
- G2 Motors Only!!!
- Any speedo up to price of £70RRP
- Original mardave Parts
- Original Mardave chassis.
- Any Servo

Class 2
13.5 Stock brushless
- 1s Lipo
- 13.5 Brushless Motor Limit. But no Price limit
- Speedo have to be non turbo etc only one on list or ones passed by the BRCA for this class.
- Any Servo
- Original Mardave Parts.
- Original Mardave Chassis.

Class 3
Superdave
- 1s Lipo
- Any Motor and Speedo.
- Composite Chassis Allowed.

[Quote Gazza ; Read the LINK it says Proposed . Quote]Oh and i do know that are proposed for the BRCA but i know that these are the rules that you intend to race at ardent

Im glad teamorsom96 agrees
Old 28-03-2011

Old 28-03-2011

i want to move into the 21st century with my mardave ,just don't want to be dragged there by my wallet,all we need now to race is curly orange hair red noses and long shoes because we must look like right clowns to the other sections of the brca
Old 28-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by madonrc View Post
[QUOTE 1=Gazza

but open your eyes there is a lot of clubs running 13.5 and LiPo they want it and we have gave it to them there is more people out there that just your self Quote]

Now that you have thrown your handbag in the corner.

Not my hand bag. . . It was already here when I arrived

Yes my eyes are wide open and i have been reading all the posts about these changes.
I said open your eyes as there is clubs already doing so. .
By that I meant have a look and you will see there is a few clubs running 1s AND even 2s Lipo with 6.5 motors now what shall we do when you go to a club in Birmingham who run 2s & 10.5 and another club in Hinckley who run 13.5 & 1s

So what would you do buy 2 lots OR try and make some rules so its the same every where I vote for the latter

If you do not like people making comment's which is all i did, then why post things on here

Coments are great I love um. .
I reply to your questions with my answers. . its you who doesn't like it

You said and i quote

Mardave is the simplest and cheeps form of racing
Why change it ????

We are not changing it why do you think that ?
we are letting people who want to run 13.5 and 1s LiPo in a dave run one
But to do this we need some rules to which by now you will agree . . Yes

the only difference between 13.5 and superdave is the motor basically as everyone will probually run the esc listed in the 13.5 class. superdave is what it says SUPER, use what you want (esc / Motor). How can super dave be super if you propose which ESc that people can use. Surely Super is any motor and any ESC with 1cell lipo.

No Idea mate I did not make the rules but as far as Im concerned on that it should be open ESC and 10.5 all I can say is hope you turn up at the agm to put that one up for discussion

I have seen what loads of changes to the rules did to touring cars over the years, dont let it happen to a form of racing which can introduce loads of people to RC racing. Which is MARDAVE. In my view as Churk said it should be as follows

Class 1
Standard Mardave
- G2 Motors Only!!! AND 4 cell
- Any speedo up to price of £70RRP
- Original mardave Parts
- Original Mardave chassis.
- Any Servo

Standard class

Class 2
13.5 Stock brushless
- 1s Lipo
- 13.5 Brushless Motor Limit. But no Price limit explain please ?
- Speedo have to be non turbo etc only one on list or ones passed by the BRCA for this class. there is a list
- Any Servo
- Original Mardave Parts.
- Original Mardave Chassis.

As there is not much differance in both they want to run as one class . . Im easy on this

Class 3
Superdave
- 1s Lipo
- Any Motor and Speedo.
- Composite Chassis Allowed.

Yep totally agree with you on that

[Quote Gazza ; Read the LINK it says Proposed . Quote]Oh and i do know that are proposed for the BRCA
Sound

but i know that these are the rules that you intend to race at ardent

News to me ?

Im glad teamorsom96 agrees
Some good points so we can count on you being at the AGM then
Old 28-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo16v View Post
i want to move into the 21st century with my mardave ,just don't want to be dragged there by my wallet,

I did a comparison and the Brushless comes out Cheaper

1. 5 packs of Cells at a cost of £40 a pack ( £200 for 5 packs 4600mAh)
(may 2010)
Thats just your cells now dont forget you will need a few spare motors a
discharge tray etc etc so lets say another £100 so thats a total of £300
I have not included the motor cleaner . . the cotton buds and numerous other things

Now the 13.5 1s set up

2. 1s LiPo £56
(may 2010)
3. 1 smart boost £25
4. Motor combo 13.5 with speed control £95 total for the items 2 / 3 & 4 is £176

all we need now to race is curly orange hair red noses and long shoes because we must look like right clowns to the other sections of the brca
Actually No Chris H gave us full support and go ahead and said it would need work. . .

I dread to think what happened when touring cars went from brushed to Brushless and cells to LiPo's did you all condem that as well

I hope you all turn up at the AGM to go over the rules in October and put you voice across there and hope fully we should have an even better set of rules
Old 29-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
Actually No Chris H gave us full support and go ahead and said it would need work. . .

I dread to think what happened when touring cars went from brushed to Brushless and cells to LiPo's did you all condem that as well

I hope you all turn up at the AGM to go over the rules in October and put you voice across there and hope fully we should have an even better set of rules
there is a little problem there gazza, when the touring cars changed over, lets look, talking what 300quid for car then 200quid for esc/motor and lipo. diffrence been you would have to spend more for your gear then ya car in mardaves, it does make sense, i do see where your coming from saying you have to keep changing motors, but if u look after them right you can get 5months out 1 we have proved that at are club, but after all this, mardave is ment to be the cheapest form of racing.
are club tryed the brushless 13.5 class and only took 2-3 meeting and then they faded off.
Old 29-03-2011

Well at least you tried it mate. . .

As long as you can get the NiMh cells which I must admitt should be around for another year but even I'm no 100% on that.

Have you seen the Video I did its good fun and I must admitt less hassle
Old 29-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
Well at least you tried it mate. . .

As long as you can get the NiMh cells which I must admitt should be around for another year but even I'm no 100% on that.

Have you seen the Video I did its good fun and I must admitt less hassle
i have only used brushless in my old ftx blaze and yea its less work, but you shouldt change something that works fine as it is, if there doing the 3 classes they should be 3 classes not mixing the 2 into 1. it will just be like another sport we did, autograss, (full size off road oval cars) there used to be diffrent classes from standard minis to unlimted built specials (full size buggys) and in class 7 they used to run v8,v6s,then they let them run twin bike engines an then they just took over the class.no u need 20k for new car and thats surpost to be cheap.
thats where mardave will be in 5years if it keeps on the way it is( not as much as 20k) lol
Old 29-03-2011

again no one is saying dump your nimh powered mardave

What is being proposed is rules for making the 13.5t burshless class that i and others want to run (thats my choice as it is yours to run nimh) competative against 4 cell G2

and into the future as nimh's go out of production setting rules in place for lipo brushless thats progression for you

the manufactures are looking to the next big thing else we would we all still be sat in front of oval 21" screens and playing on megs drives

now as i see it these rules are not set in stone so in stead of all bleeting offers idea's of what YOU the racers want

at least these guys are trying dont all que up to flame em FFS people really dont like change do they !!!!!

MY 2$
Old 29-03-2011

we pay £10 delivered for 1/16th micro brushless motors and there balistic,£8 for 40c lipos £18 for a fully programable brushless speedo.the last national was won with the cheap motor and speedo.all people are after is cheap competitive racing not a £75 quid motor rat race.im hanging up my mardave and so is my brother,we'll leave u boys to ur suicide comittee and race micro's and recoils faster and 1/8th of the price,mardave has left the lunatics in charge of the asylum,when you modify the rules in october. you won't be polishing the tird just covering it in glitter
Old 29-03-2011

ok so when nimh's are no longer available what will you run

and buy all your cheap kit from the likes of china and japan who said you cant just no turbo or boost and i AINT on the committee !!!!

just a racer like you
Old 29-03-2011

oh and well done for suppoerting your uk based model shops !!!
Old 29-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by truggy lover View Post
oh and well done for suppoerting your uk based model shops !!!
well done for nobbin off your main supplier /mardave
Old 29-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo16v View Post
well done for nobbin off your main supplier /mardave

wtf does that mean ???

english please