Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Mardave

Old 29-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by truggy lover View Post
ok so when nimh's are no longer available what will you run

and buy all your cheap kit from the likes of china and japan who said you cant just no turbo or boost and i AINT on the committee !!!!

just a racer like you
it wouldt be so bad if it was just 1 controlled esc,motor combo, with lipos, then its down to the driver. not the wallet
Old 29-03-2011

Send a message via ICQ to truggy lover

i will be running the novak havoc a losi 13.5 and lipo so will at least 5 others i know
Old 29-03-2011

the rules are actually limiting what you can spend not pushing it up like touring cars having to spend £200+ on a speedo and as for motors the upper limit is £75 dont mean you have to spend that much i havent i have gone the second hand route

i also have a house and 3 kids to provide for so i am always on a budget
Old 29-03-2011

tbh you cant just go for one controlled speedo, supply and demand wouldnt work but having just a few to choose makes it fairer to keep things close.

www.bedworthRC.com
www.cmcc-online.com
www.ardentracing.com
www.jcracingproducts.co.uk

My Trader Feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46608
Old 29-03-2011

How would you choose which one make combo to use?
Mardave doesnt at present make a 13.5 sensored motor or speedo which is what most people want and the huge amounts of testing by people like Gazza has shown to be the best option in terms of the speed and drivability.

I have raced with a speed passion cheapo motor in my f1 and gt at ardent in the winter series and have by no means been slow or out paced I have recorded the fastest lap of the meetings on afew occasions even and won a couple of rounds.
The brushless kit without the boost/turbo options are all very evenly matched and so you could spend as much or as little as you wish and be just as fast. You may already have some kit from racing before that you would want to use and you will be on the pace if your set ups good and you can drive ok.
Cost wise I ran a £24.95 brushless 13.5 in my gt last meeting that ive had for over a year from hong kong it ran great and was as quick as the day i bought it i would swear.
At the same meeting in mardave I saw drivers go through 2 or 3 motors in the day trying to find that edge now not everyone does this of course but surely its unfair to those who cant afford to do it....... but we allow it!!!!!! now these rules that allow brushless motors that will last years with no drop off so no need to buy a tray of g2's if you want to be as fast as the fastest guy down the straight and you guys are moaning???????? I would rather spend another £20-75 on a 13.5 from wherever and save myself the ball ache and extra cost of a motor a meeting over a YEAR to be on the pace with a g2.
Also with the nature of brushless the gearing becomes easier to hit that sweet spot as some g2's do varry in the rev range that they deliver best power. (although the 4 slot is better but still not consistant enough)

What about current racers who already have kit that for example maybe obsolete in Touring cars but fits into the new rules..... you would be asking them to go out and buy a new speedo and motor combo in order to race.... so on that side of the arguement it will cost somebody which ever way you flip it so why not look at these rules and see that while they are flawed they are flawed to allowed as many racers to race as possible.

I raced the mardave circuit series and loved every second but the turnouts were low and so couldnt find anyone to have a "good close race" with and that to me is key to enjoying a days racing.
So to me it would seem the more racers you have the better quality of racing for everyone is.
We can tweak rules and always try to keep things even but do that after you have to have racers to do it for and a large enough number of regular racers to get a general consensous on what direction and what tweaks if any are needed to this rule set.
So just give em a try as you will never know until you do.

P.s sorry for the essay length post lol
Old 29-03-2011
Mad Member

Again I think it's best just to do one manufacturer then it's a class which is about driver skill and set-up.

If you do want to make it open then you have to include every esc that doesn't allow boost like the hobbywing / speed passion esc's which are cheap and easily available. Adding the RRP limit is pointless.

I like the idea of allowing brushed and lipo, but mardaves are becoming so pointless compared to 1/10 touring at a club level as they cost as much as an entry level TC
Old 29-03-2011

cheers Tomo me eyes are bleeding lol
Old 29-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatmix View Post
Again I think it's best just to do one manufacturer then it's a class which is about driver skill and set-up.

If you do want to make it open then you have to include every esc that doesn't allow boost like the hobbywing / speed passion esc's which are cheap and easily available. Adding the RRP limit is pointless.

I like the idea of allowing brushed and lipo, but mardaves are becoming so pointless compared to 1/10 touring at a club level as they cost as much as an entry level TC
i agree with GATMIX

and note wrong with reading essays lol
Old 29-03-2011

The cost of the cars is a separate issue mate. Your are right about the price of entry level tc but again the point is a beginner will bust their car and have to fix it and no entry level tc is as easy to fix or better at introducing the basics of set ups and car maintenance to a kid. Plus the parts are a damn sight cheaper than any Chinese cheapy touring car.

The only other thing is if you allow lipo which is enviable and mardave already sells one, then you have to allow brushless tech and with the absence of a mardave labeled g2 equivalent system then I think these rules are the best compromise.
You have to allow brushless if you allow lipo because a g2 on 3.7 is no good to man nor beast I've done farts that were quicker and more fun for that matter.

All I would ask is that don't dismiss these rules that have had alot of testing and work put into them and try them out guys if you have some old gear laying around have a go or pop over ardent on Sunday and have alook and a chat.

Just another thought surely brushless motors that u you know will be the same everytime you race and then it takes luck out of getting a good g2 and places the emphasis on driver skill rather than luck of the draw or black magic silvercan tuning
Old 29-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMO WEF View Post
The cost of the cars is a separate issue mate. Your are right about the price of entry level tc but again the point is a beginner will bust their car and have to fix it and no entry level tc is as easy to fix or better at introducing the basics of set ups and car maintenance to a kid. Plus the parts are a damn sight cheaper than any Chinese cheapy touring car.

The only other thing is if you allow lipo which is enviable and mardave already sells one, then you have to allow brushless tech and with the absence of a mardave labeled g2 equivalent system then I think these rules are the best compromise.
You have to allow brushless if you allow lipo because a g2 on 3.7 is no good to man nor beast I've done farts that were quicker and more fun for that matter.

All I would ask is that don't dismiss these rules that have had alot of testing and work put into them and try them out guys if you have some old gear laying around have a go or pop over ardent on Sunday and have alook and a chat.

Just another thought surely brushless motors that u you know will be the same everytime you race and then it takes luck out of getting a good g2 and places the emphasis on driver skill rather than luck of the draw or black magic silvercan tuning
sorry but i was ROFL at the 'I've done farts that were quicker and more fun for that matter'.
Old 29-03-2011

The list of speedo is the best thing to do.
You cannot say one specific speedo or combo supply and demand wouldn't cope specially with shops holding less stock in the current financial climate.
In comparison to the speed of the cars, making it 13.5 basically levels the playing field anyway using non turbo speedos.
Im running a GTB and have been for the series at Ardent with a SP 13.5 and it is no slower on accel or top end than my mates LRP SSX (non turbo version).
This is plainly down to the 1s lipos being used, it limits the speedos and makes it a surprisingly level playing field.
All the people complaining about havin to sell NiMhs you only need two lipos for the day at about 40 quid each. You need 3 at the least sets of 4cells to race and to be competitive in mardave you need decent ones, unless you are an amazing driver which means they will be 35quid each.... you work out the math.
G2 motors are a pot luck game you either get a good one or a bad one. You dont get that with brushless thus again a even playing field. this means you will get closer racing, more competition making it better for everyone.
I understand that some dont have the money to fork out on brushless speedos which at the end of the day are £80 max and all but were not forcing you to do so, as you seen in the video at the start of the thread there is little that makes no difference between the two.
Its not a case of you have to run brushless its just a slow development into the inevitable future of the class.
People can argue all you like but it will eventually fase out nimhs and brushed technology.
Embrace the future dont argue over it.
Old 30-03-2011

PMSL. . .

I farted and missed FTD by 300th of a sec then tonight
Old 01-04-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

13.5T BL Motors

If the section is to be recognised within the BRCA will the 13.5T motor be limited to the BRCA EB list for any BRCA sanctioned events?
CFR RCTV Channel
Glenn Atterton

BRCA 2005 1/10th Off-Road Veterans Champion
LMP12 National Champion 2003/2004 / F3 class
Old 01-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chequered Flag Racing View Post
13.5T BL Motors

If the section is to be recognised within the BRCA will the 13.5T motor be limited to the BRCA EB list for any BRCA sanctioned events?
I would have thought so and same with the lipo too.

Let's see what the answer is.
Old 02-04-2011

ive found a 13.5 motor with a 6200 kv rating uk list price £60.00,if i buy one i know who will be winning the first national ,might even have time to get off the rostrum and marshall my own car
Old 02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo16v View Post
ive found a 13.5 motor with a 6200 kv rating uk list price £60.00,if i buy one i know who will be winning the first national ,might even have time to get off the rostrum and marshall my own car
Old 02-04-2011

Quote:
But if it's not on the BRCA EB listing it won't be legal for a National which would be a BRCA sanctioned event
CFR RCTV Channel
Glenn Atterton

Old 03-04-2011

what about the exceed 13.5 motor people have been recomended to buy.thats not on the list and thats 3500kv. more of a 10.5t
Old 03-04-2011

Quote:
what about the exceed 13.5 motor people have been recomended to buy.thats not on the list and thats 3500kv. more of a 10.5t
ALL Motor's & Batteries need to be on the BRCA EB list to be eligable for a BRCA sanctioned event
CFR RCTV Channel
Glenn Atterton

Old 03-04-2011

so are the nationals goin to be run with the proposed rules plus the motor has to be brca registered ?