Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Mardave

Old 14-12-2011
oOple Advertiser

Hi

Where is this combo for £69, anyone got a link ?

Col
Old 29-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinster View Post
Dont be mis lead by a previous poster, this combo costs £69 inc esc and 13.5 motor.It says in the instructions 2s but it works fine with 1s and you DONT need a booster or receiver pack.
The only time you need a 2s is on set up if you are using the set up card an additional £14.
The top guy in the Uk Richard Isherwood was TQ and won both days at last national using this combination.
Eaily set up and seems to work fine and reliable

Vince, I was looking for this combo, could not find it for 69 quid anywhere...
Old 29-12-2011

Okay i have just got my 1s lipo and cannot get this combo to work on 1s in lipo mode. It does however work in Nimh mode. Not sure if this difference in modes is only a voltage cutout or not. With a 5000mah lipo, would it ever be an issue running it without the low voltage cutout for 5min races?
Old 30-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin367 View Post
Cheers, i suppose for you guys that are using brushless already, i'm using stuff from the dark ages v60 esc...brushed g2. thats it. I was looking for a combo esc and motor that is being used currently (and with good results) that i can buy off the shelf. And not mix n match from the list. Sorry should have made myself clearer.

Mate if your a good driver the brushless are only 1 or 2 laps ahead.
Honest Brushless is of no advantage, i dont care what anybody says, if your a good driver then with a G28 and a G2 you can still beat a brushless.
Ask Jaik Golloghly he beats the brushless all day long with a g28 and a G2 motor.
Old 02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by almunro View Post
Okay i have just got my 1s lipo and cannot get this combo to work on 1s in lipo mode. It does however work in Nimh mode. Not sure if this difference in modes is only a voltage cutout or not. With a 5000mah lipo, would it ever be an issue running it without the low voltage cutout for 5min races?
okay so sorted this out, changed to lipo mode and then changed from auto voltage cutout, to 3.2v per cell, and all works fine. Net will be to see if it goes okay under load in a race.

Alex