Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > SERPENT

Old 06-01-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick8155 View Post
Just building my Cobra and all is really good.......Just a couple of questions for those who have already built them.

- The anti roll bar balls that go into the wishbone are very tight when the ally nut is tweaked up? Seems weird to me......
- The little m3 x 4mm grub is the rear hub.....whats this for?

Both probably obvious but not for me LOL

Very nice car so far.....by far in a different class to the Losi 8ights i have had before!!
The nut that holds the ARB pivot in the arm needs to be tightened up until the pivot is hard to move then backed off. If this doesn't work then I would take it apart a see what's happening as this should have free movent after doing that.
The Grub screw in the rear hub is for oiling the bearings.

Schumacher F1..The original KF.
TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE
Old 10-01-2012
The gimp formerly known as LIP

where can I get the massive chrome serpent stickers? on the 1st pics released of the shell there are 2 huge serpent stickers, I expected these on the chrome sticker sheet, but not there.
Old 10-01-2012
Mad Member

Download the logo from the site, go along to your local sign writing emporium and get them to make you some. Or Jon Miller might be able to do it ?

My paintwork thread
Old 15-01-2012

Where to buy parts in UK?
Old 15-01-2012

Elite RC in Halifax, I get mine via mail order from them. There is no real web site at the mo for them but you can contact them by email or phone.
The contact details are 01422 373010 or email jeff.eliterc@tesco.net
Old 15-01-2012
The gimp formerly known as LIP

Ive been waiting a couple of requests and appears still not in stock, when more serpents are in circulation im sure spares will be more readily available.
Old 23-01-2012

My hands are covered in blisters after finishing building the car Saturday night..but was well worth for race day on Sunday... annoyingly i didn't get time to paint the shell so i ran it naked for the day lol..

couple of points when building..

1.use 2 shims not 3 when building the front diff pinion..i currently running 3 shims and after a day of running the front gearbox is still way too tight..

2. file and super glue the carbon front shock tower..is a must..i did flip over at one point and now my shock tower is shagged..(why serpent did you have too use a carbon shock anyway??)

3. cut the top off the receiver box if using 2.4GHz and no Ariel and just use a soldering iron too melt and close the hole left..means you don't have to have a hole in your shell

4.before installing the servo(especially if its a ace 1015)..remember to use a file on the servo mount as the servo mount too tight for any servo with a heat sink

5.Dont use the underside pt mount as it doesn't fricking work haha..

during the day i manage to shave a good 20 degrees off the temps of my castle 2650kv when compared to my old losi 8ight E..the car is a lot more stable and can change direction much easier even just running the base set-up.. absolutely chuff too bits with the car..cant wait for the next round now