Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 19-01-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Well done to Jonesy glad you like the setup. Your right, I had no need to tinker with mine . I'll be putting it back how it was for Worksop anyway. When you try it outdoors, let me know how it goes please mate.

Excellent meeting. Loved the track.

For its 1st year it is already massive, next year it ought to be challenging Worksop for number of entries!!! It deserves to be too.
Old 19-01-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post
Well done to Jonesy glad you like the setup. Your right, I had no need to tinker with mine . I'll be putting it back how it was for Worksop anyway. When you try it outdoors, let me know how it goes please mate.

Excellent meeting. Loved the track.

For its 1st year it is already massive, next year it ought to be challenging Worksop for number of entries!!! It deserves to be too.

Will do Chris, I don't think I'll be having it outdoors for a month or so dude.

Kiddy was sweet last week but still got some tinkering to do myself to get it where I want it!

Enjoy Worksop, I'm not there next week
Old 19-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
Cheers for yesterday to all at Bury, very well ran.

I agreed with Rog and Woody though, 3 rounds may be the way forward as the smooth running tended to fall down at times with crystal issues or people not having the correct transponders etc....

Cracking day for me especially TQing and winning 4wd and finishing 4th in 2wd.

Thanks to Chris Long for the 4wd set-up, mate don't know why you needed to tinker with yours, that was the best mine had gone indoors all winter!!!

The only other thing to add is can the finals be ran on manual and not automatic?? I know there was a time issue as I've already said but I could have done with more time to change transponder over for the A final and was only on the grid with about 10 seconds to spare plus I crashed on the first corner in the 2wd final and there was no marshall....
Sorry about the time between races, it was down to the printer going duff and I shortened the gaps between races.
******************************************Got a new one, printer that is.*********************
Old 19-01-2009

Many thanks to Woody, Poppa Woody, Nick & all others involved yesterday, had a pants day myself but still really enjoyed the day, will be back again.

Thought the venue and track was first class and is as good as any other indoor venue in the country, if not better. Think entry levels will no doubt keep growing so an earlier start or 3 rounds of qualifying may be needed.
Old 19-01-2009

Had a great day yesterday, thanks to all involved, thought the venue and track was great
Old 19-01-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

How about 4 rounds of qualifying, 4 minute heats and finals with shorter gap between heats...

Although shorter gap between heats may be an issue with 1 set of transponders.

I like the idea of early start, but I realise the issue may be the cost of the hall in having it for longer.
Old 19-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post
How about 4 rounds of qualifying, 4 minute heats and finals with shorter gap between heats...

Although shorter gap between heats may be an issue with 1 set of transponders.

I like the idea of early start, but I realise the issue may be the cost of the hall in having it for longer.
How about 3 rounds of 6 minutes ???
Old 19-01-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Garry Driffill

How about upping heat numbers?

13 cars in each heat?

After say 40 entrys in 4wd? anything less keep it to 10

same for 2wd too?
Old 19-01-2009

Thumbs up

thanks for everyone who ran the day was a great day i loved it.
There was some pictures being taken does anyone know if there on the fourm or going to be.
thanks
ben
Old 19-01-2009
BANNED

I would have thought a 9am doors open would be the way forward, with 3 min practice (in heat order for those pre-booked) starting at 9.30.

The delay at the start with the printer problem was obvoiously a 1-off.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.

Last edited by Stu; 19-01-2009 at 06:36 PM.
Old 19-01-2009
Mad Member

Im really happy with the way racing went, the only thing i suffered from was that there was only 1 set of transponders. If there is 2 sets available, would they be in use for next time.

Id really like my own p t , but i cant afford one at the mo.

Thanks

Col.
RC18T
Lunchbox Gold
X-6 squared
Lrp, Novak, Robitronic, Ko Propo, Ezrun , Trakpower ,Team Scream, Demon, Microtech, Dms, Good old Jezza, Je-Spares, Bolton Model Mart,

My Feedback http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25199
Old 20-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
I would have thought a 9am doors open would be the way forward, with 3 min practice (in heat order for those pre-booked) starting at 9.30.

The delay at the start with the printer problem was obvoiously a 1-off.
I agree I think an earlier start is the way to go . Great meeting ,loved the track. Unfortunately I had to go before the finals because of other commitments .
Old 20-01-2009

First time id been down and i was really suprised with the track and its size! Had a real good day despite starting in the wrong race in round 1 LOL

Regards the late finish,i deffo think you need to open doors earlier if your looking at getting 80-100 drivers every meeting.Its allrite saying the local drivers like the later start but that also means finishing alot later.If your trying to attract people from all regions there going to be put off with getting home at 9-10pm

I heard alot of people moaning about not been able to see,i personally didnt have a problem but maybe you could think about having pitting at just one end instead of two? This would stop people walking back and fourth infront of the rostrum?

Just some ideas i fort id voice,i had a awesome day and will DEFO be back for the next round

Cheers Guys!
Old 20-01-2009
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter_213 View Post
.............. maybe you could think about having pitting at just one end instead of two? This would stop people walking back and fourth infront of the rostrum?...........
That sounds like a reasonable idea.

The sand pit will get in the way, but it may be possible to move the track up a bit.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 21-01-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
That sounds like a reasonable idea.

The sand pit will get in the way, but it may be possible to move the track up a bit.
The prob we have is we have to have the rostrum with its back to the wall.. and we cant obstruct the fire exit... on the first round the rostrum was on the edge of the track which in my mind was better.. so we could try that again but if the center have a winge it will be back against the wall...

By moving the track up the rostrum wouldnt be central to the track.

My idea would be to maybe fold the massive blue matts over once more then make a designated walk way for people to walk up and down. The only people aloud in that area would be a marshall if a point was positioned there. Failing this, just make the track a little shorter??

Cheers

Nick
Old 21-01-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Don't make the track shorter! Its ace being long!

Moving the rostrum forward would give a walkway behind rostrum, but it'd make it more difficult to see the track from the rostrum as your looking down through the tranny of the people stood next to you.

Leave it as it is, considering the requirements for fire safety its the best compromise. Just need to make sure people wondering about on the edge of the track give consideration to visibility of the drivers on the rostrum..... something for drivers briefing?
Old 21-01-2009
Super Moderator

Don't put the track so far into the left and right corners near the rostrum? It doesn't have to be square

G
Old 21-01-2009
Mad Member

Here you go.. next track layout... not totally to scale, but think we will have a better chance with this one working!! lol!

We will have cones with marshalling point numbers for the next meet, plus a taped of walkway to the left of the rostrum.

Using G's idea the track doesnt go right to the bottom left corner so with that and a taped of walkway not being able to see wont be an issue!

Thoughts?

I will be posting the now confirmed dates for the 2009 / 2010 indoor series at this venue shortly. I would say its better to publish these early so other clubs can arrange there own big meets around them...

These WILL NOT clash with Worksop as i have already checked with Muzzy.

Old 21-01-2009
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

i like that idea,can the rostrum not be put on the opposite wall to were the fire exit is,and still use all the bottom of the hall near the sand pit then, the rostrum can still be in the middle of the track
Old 21-01-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred5765 View Post
i like that idea,can the rostrum not be put on the opposite wall to were the fire exit is,and still use all the bottom of the hall near the sand pit then, the rostrum can still be in the middle of the track
Carl,

Firstly... cheers to you and Matty for the set up tips on the B4... once i got used to it, it felt much better!

That could work... we just like using that wall as the main straight barrier.. we'll look into it. Like you say though you could position the rostrum bang in the center of the track.. We would still have to have a walkway though i guess?? But saying that we could keep all the pitting down by the main entrance into the hall... We could have an issue though moving the high jump crash matts and Pole Vault.. mmm....

Cheers

Nick