Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 19-05-2014

Default Racing last weekend

It has to be said that l, along with anyone I spoke to on Sunday really enjoyed themselves. A beautiful day on an great track! And what a track... Anyone who's not been to the newly sculpted venue seriously needs to give it a try.

The track on Sunday was very reminiscent of the old Bury track. Long straight under the rostrum running from right to left up the kicker into a hairpin right, down the slope then up and round the big banked corner in the back left, over the jump in the middle then carving round into the moguls, another banked corner then into the straight to complete the lap. If you liked the old track you'll love this one.

Five heats worth of drivers attended which I thought wasn't bad but not as many as I expected with it been such a nice day.

Tons of track time..! I had a 10 min practice, 3 rounds 5 min of Qually, a 20 minute break where I had another 10 min practice, 2 more Qually rounds of 5 mins, another 10 minute practice in the break before the finals an then the 5 min final. I make that an hour of track time! Plus the three or so laps of warmup before every race. That's roughly 170 laps of track time and practice on a sweepy style track I definitely needed. My next national race will be the Stotfold venue where a close similarity with this track is clear and a good reason for me to try to get more practice here. That's why I'm in full agreement with Andy Cottom that Wednesday night racing would be the icing for me.

I now regard myself as fortunate to live quite close to and almost equidistant between 2 national standard venues (Southport being the other). I think between the two tracks a good rounded racing calendar is now possible in the N/W on the two very different but complementary venues.

I personally would like to see racing start a little later and finish a little later. Just think for a club meet a slightly later start might entice a few more attendees. Maybe it's just me, after only getting in at 5am, having to get up for 8.00 was a tough ask but well worth it for the quality and fun factor.

Can we not do a trial Wednesday night meeting ASAP?
Old 19-05-2014
Mad Member

Mark trust me I'm working on Wednesday night racing, be patient and you may hear something soon watch this space
Gav
G Paint
Answer RC
Old 19-05-2014
Gypsy Member

glad you enjoyed it . and most people seem to think the same. theres been a lot of effort gone into the track and its nice to see it was worthwhile and people really enjoying it.
wednesday night will hopefully happen but running the meeting could be tricky due to the committee being a busy bunch and not all of us can run race control.

however i do belive your handy with the race control side of things , you ran the meetings at blackpool fine, maybe have a word with si or birdy who normally do it or any other committee member really ,,, it might just help wed night racing happen a bit sooner,
only a suggestion mind
you may not want to run it and the committee might not want you to , but it might work nicely
see you at bury again soon dude
Old 19-05-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnygibbon View Post
glad you enjoyed it . and most people seem to think the same. theres been a lot of effort gone into the track and its nice to see it was worthwhile and people really enjoying it.
wednesday night will hopefully happen but running the meeting could be tricky due to the committee being a busy bunch and not all of us can run race control.

however i do belive your handy with the race control side of things , you ran the meetings at blackpool fine, maybe have a word with si or birdy who normally do it or any other committee member really ,,, it might just help wed night racing happen a bit sooner,
only a suggestion mind
you may not want to run it and the committee might not want you to , but it might work nicely
see you at bury again soon dude
Again leave it with me Johnny there is something in the pipeline that may be happening but I can't confirm it yet, again.... Watch this space
G Paint
Answer RC