Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > International fOrums > Norway

Old 11-12-2010

Default Who will run what cars in 2011..

Hi guys

Okay guys...let`s hear it.
What cars will you be running in 2011?

Spill the beans !!

PS. very cool that we now have a norwegian forum her at Oople
Futaba 4PL
GMBK
Norway
Old 14-12-2010

Okay...let me start the show then..

2wd:
I recently bought an RB5 MCS conversionkit. Has driven the car at one indoor race and it was great. Had a little issue with the gearbox though.
If I get that problem sorted, this will probably be my choice for 2011.

TLR 22 is looking really sweet though...

4wd:
Kyosho FSII will be my choise I belive..

If TLR comes out with an awsome 4wd, I could easily be pursuaded to driv TLR in both 2&4wd

what about
Futaba 4PL
GMBK
Norway
Old 17-12-2010

Im def buying the Team Durango 410,i love the diffs
Old 16-01-2011

@Jens: You'll also have to take two or three switches into account concerning your season remember?

I'll be running the 22 and the XXX-4 for this season. So far my trusty XXX-CR does it's job very well though, most of my potential is not locked in by the car, but by me...

Spektrum DX4R Pro - TLR 22 2.0 & TLR 22-4 - Absima

Team Smallsize
Old 18-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer View Post
@Jens: You'll also have to take two or three switches into account concerning your season remember?

I'll be running the 22 and the XXX-4 for this season. So far my trusty XXX-CR does it's job very well though, most of my potential is not locked in by the car, but by me...
And there it was done...my first switch came in 2wd..now waiting for Vega-elite RB5 conversion-kit...

@Razer: what happends if losi comes out with a new 4wd......
Futaba 4PL
GMBK
Norway
Old 18-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensK View Post
And there it was done...my first switch came in 2wd..now waiting for Vega-elite RB5 conversion-kit...

@Razer: what happends if losi comes out with a new 4wd......
Then the XXX-4 will be bolted up on the wall next to where my XXX-CR also will be.

Team Smallsize
Old 18-01-2011

And there the swap in 4wd was done....2 x "rangoes" are on their way...
Futaba 4PL
GMBK
Norway
Old 18-01-2011

Quote:
And there the swap in 4wd was done....2 x "rangoes" are on their way...
Haha, you slut

Team Smallsize
Old 06-02-2011

Nice with our own forum section

I have been in serous doubt, but I'll be sticking with my worn out rangoes and an old team losi jrsx-r

I have Been testing the suspension and diffs in the last outdoor season and i have found a descent suspension and diff setting.

Suspension:
stock springs dark blue front and light blue rear
holes: front 3 X 1,4 mm rear 3 X 1.5 mm
oil: 450 cst. font and rear

Diffs:
front: 7000 cst.
rare: 5000 cst.
Old 20-02-2011

hello, guys.

I will only participate in a few 2wd races this year, and will most likely use my old trusted X6 (partly squared).

That is, unless the Vega B4 conversion comes out, as I like the looks of that kit.

I will stick to B4 based cars, as I have 3 sons that also run B4s. Keeps spare part stock down...
Old 21-02-2011

Cool! A Norwegian section!

My rides for 2011 are...
(Most probably )

AE B4.1
AE B44.1

Both pimped up by Larry at KG. Order is pending.

I have two big concerns for 2011 though:

1. The new Losi TLR line makes me need an underwear change when I look at the pictures of the 22. I can easily fall flat on my face on 2 new cars if a 4wd pops out of the blue too.

2. Electrics. I have no idea of what to do for ESC's. I'd like to have the same one in both rides. I now have an old speedpassion GT (1.1 I think) in my 2wd and the Orion Race Spec badass one in my 4wd. Tips are welcome!

Jens, I'd call you lots of funny names concering your switches, but I'd be putting my head on the block. I'll give you comfort instead as these other non-car-schizo guys have their best shots at us. (Although I have now sold off everything 1:8th to focus on 1:10.)

Stig Berget - GMBK - Norway
Old 21-02-2011

Norsk seksjon. For engelsktalende nordmenn? WTF?

Liker engelsk altså, men vi har radiostyrt.no. Veldig behagelig for oss racerne og samles her istedet for på radiostyrt, men skrive på engelsk, og i tillegg gjemme oss bort for nye utøvere som henger på Radiostyrt.no?

Er ikke det egentlig litt teit selv om det er litt gøy?

Team Smallsize
Old 21-02-2011
Mad Member

Absolutely! Radiostyrt.no is pretty lame!!! "How do I do bashing?"...

Since we are now more or less running only on astro, here's my plan for 2011:

2WD:
Atomic-Carbon S2 is a very good car with mid-motor. And the coolest construction so far IMHO. That will be my first choice. Not having the biggest driving talent, I just do better with mid-motor vs. rear-motor. It's a pair of crutches for me!

Will also give the X-6 a chance against the S2, and try to emulate the much stiffer S2 setup. Never got it to work on astro, but I think I've been running it way too soft.

If the Losi 22 is available in good time, that will be VERY interesting! As it can also be rear motored. Cool car, cool brand, cheap, easy to get parts, looks easy to deal with. Probably a winner out of the box...

4WD:
I find the B44 awesome on astro. Not very good on dirt (too nervous). But the amount of steering on astro is a BIG advantage. And the car is very durable and with very few flaws.

The Atomic-Carbon Atomized B44 was perfect on dirt, but sucks on astro. Understeers way too much!

The XX4 is fantastic, but it's impossible to use on astro with today's brushless setup. You snap 3 belts before breakfast... should have been 2x the std. width or some other material...

I have also the X-5, which is even better to drive than the XX4. And has a single belt system. I just can't get that thing to stop skipping the belt! Even with 3x custom belt rollers... Brushless, LiPo & astro didn't help you might say...

If Losi manages to whip out a new 4WD also in 2011, Team Losi for both classes will be more or less impossible to resist! Waiting impatiently for some breaking news here! What on earth do they have cooking? And will it be shaft or belt driven???!!!

While waiting for that... that new Cat SX3 looks like a perfectly constructed car! Only problem as I see it is availability (and price). The SV also looks like a very cool car! Schuey in both classes could be tempting, given easy access to parts & low prices... Any US or HK shops that are easy on the value labeling??? Most UK shops are not willing...

Given that ball diffs probably are still the way forward, I'd love to have diffs that can be easily taken out of the car. Both the B4 and B44 suck big time in that respect! But on the Schueys that looks very easy!

Tech Tips, HopUps & Bling

Xray 2014 XB4 4WD & 2WD | B4 FTW Night Fox XL | Mugen MRX-5 | RB | Futaba 3VCS FASST | Faskolor

Visit my showroom
Old 21-02-2011
Mad Member

Martin, have you guys at Small Size sold any Schumacher cars at all?

And only the SV?

Only seen Rønnings son use Schuey in Norway, he seemed to do well with the SX.

I know Jens, KG and Stikkan has tried the SX though... not being able to figure it out...

Anyone tried the SV in Norway?

Xray 2014 XB4 4WD & 2WD | B4 FTW Night Fox XL | Mugen MRX-5 | RB | Futaba 3VCS FASST | Faskolor

Visit my showroom
Old 21-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHY View Post
There's been a few of the SV's at the indoors season this winter. (At least in the NC races in Moss.) It looks to me like the handling is a lot like the B4. Good looking car.

Old 21-02-2011

Quote:
Absolutely! Radiostyrt.no is pretty lame!!! "How do I do bashing?"...

Since we are now more or less running only on astro, here's my plan for 2011:

2WD:
Atomic-Carbon S2 is a very good car with mid-motor. And the coolest construction so far IMHO. That will be my first choice. Not having the biggest driving talent, I just do better with mid-motor vs. rear-motor. It's a pair of crutches for me!

Will also give the X-6 a chance against the S2, and try to emulate the much stiffer S2 setup. Never got it to work on astro, but I think I've been running it way too soft.

If the Losi 22 is available in good time, that will be VERY interesting! As it can also be rear motored. Cool car, cool brand, cheap, easy to get parts, looks easy to deal with. Probably a winner out of the box...

4WD:
I find the B44 awesome on astro. Not very good on dirt (too nervous). But the amount of steering on astro is a BIG advantage. And the car is very durable and with very few flaws.

The Atomic-Carbon Atomized B44 was perfect on dirt, but sucks on astro. Understeers way too much!

The XX4 is fantastic, but it's impossible to use on astro with today's brushless setup. You snap 3 belts before breakfast... should have been 2x the std. width or some other material...

I have also the X-5, which is even better to drive than the XX4. And has a single belt system. I just can't get that thing to stop skipping the belt! Even with 3x custom belt rollers... Brushless, LiPo & astro didn't help you might say...

If Losi manages to whip out a new 4WD also in 2011, Team Losi for both classes will be more or less impossible to resist! Waiting impatiently for some breaking news here! What on earth do they have cooking? And will it be shaft or belt driven???!!!

While waiting for that... that new Cat SX3 looks like a perfectly constructed car! Only problem as I see it is availability (and price). The SV also looks like a very cool car! Schuey in both classes could be tempting, given easy access to parts & low prices... Any US or HK shops that are easy on the value labeling??? Most UK shops are not willing...

Given that ball diffs probably are still the way forward, I'd love to have diffs that can be easily taken out of the car. Both the B4 and B44 suck big time in that respect!
and by this you pretty much sum up the entire market of available cars of 1:10th off road racers in one post
Old 21-02-2011

Quote:
Did you receive this yet?
Old 21-02-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grelland View Post
and by this you pretty much sum up the entire market of available cars of 1:10th off road racers in one post
LOL! I USED to have most of what you could buy for money! Hey, I've even got an Aero A1! Almost bought Billy Eastons Durango prototype as well!!! But 10.000 NOK was a bit over the top... (Vesa Yli owns it now)

Now even I am far from having all of them... there's so many brands and models now that's simply not possible any more! Boy have things changed the last years! It's not long ago since there was only the B4 and XXX-CR in 2WD and the XX4/XXX4 and BJ4 in 4WD... the RC market has simply EXPLODED!!!

None of you guys tempted to go for the Schueys?

Visit my showroom
Old 21-02-2011

Quote:
Martin, have you guys at Small Size sold any Schumacher cars at all?

And only the SV?

Only seen Rønnings son use Schuey in Norway, he seemed to do well with the SX.

I know Jens, KG and Stikkan has tried the SX though... not being able to figure it out...

Nope. We've sold about ten XXX-CR's the last year though. Kind of hard to sell Schus, when I do well with the Losi and sing Øystein Sunde's "Engelsk bil" everytime I look at the Schuey....

Now andre Rønning drives a B44.1 again, it seems it's simply an overall better ride...

Btw, the diff in my Losi 2wd has now done about 2000 laps on carpet and still feels smooth as new And I would also claim it to be one of the fastest carpet racers there is.

I just don't get why we have to write in english...

Team Smallsize
Old 21-02-2011

Quote:
None of you guys tempted to go for the Schueys?
Nope. I love almost everything about the AE's now that the V2 shocks have seen the light of day. The exception is the fact that it's easier to pull a watermelon through an apple-sized hole than swapping diffs in between heats.

The only temptation for me, is the TLR line. It remains to be seen whether they are brilliant on the tracks or not though.