Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 20-04-2014

Default Kyosho Triumph Parts from Fibrelyte

Does anyone know if Fibrelyte have ever made any parts for the Triumph, the chassis is a flat plate so that can be done unlike Ultimas and the shock towers for a Triumph are super rare it seems so a perfect candidate to be done in carbon
Turbo Optima Mid SE
Turbo Optima Mid SP
Optima Mid Custom Special
Lazer ZX
Lazer ZX-R
Lazer ZX-S
Old 20-04-2014
Mad Member

Email them.

They have lots of cad files which are t even listed on their website.
Old 20-04-2014

It's an awful car, dont waste your money
Old 21-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by kek23k View Post
It's an awful car, dont waste your money
Now that's mean!! I just built one of these for some vintage racing here in Australia. Fibre lyte bits would be great especially shock towers as they feel flimsy. I'd gladly send fibre lyte shock towers and a chassis so the can make them in carbon fibre
Old 21-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs View Post
Now that's mean!! I just built one of these for some vintage racing here in Australia. Fibre lyte bits would be great especially shock towers as they feel flimsy. I'd gladly send fibre lyte shock towers and a chassis so the can make them in carbon fibre
Its going to be a long term shelfer project. If you could send the bits to them to copy that would be much appreciated. Are there any other flat metal pieces on the buggy, not really worried about the motor plate but any other pieces, I believe most parts are easy to get for it but the front shock towers?
Turbo Optima Mid SE
Turbo Optima Mid SP
Lazer ZX
Lazer ZX-R
Lazer ZX-S
Old 21-04-2014

top deck is probably even harder to get than the front shock tower (of which there been 2 production versions by the way).

Mine has been in a near ready state for almost 4 years now I think. Lost some small parts for the rear arms, and the front arms look a bit easy to break.
I even have a new in bag original body for it. So, probably 1 day it will get its turn. But for now I'm happy with the other cars I've built and am running.
There's just no point showing up at races with 5 cars in the boot when you're only competing in 1 category
Old 22-04-2014

Is the Triumph that bad?
Old 22-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. ed View Post
top deck is probably even harder to get than the front shock tower (of which there been 2 production versions by the way).

Mine has been in a near ready state for almost 4 years now I think. Lost some small parts for the rear arms, and the front arms look a bit easy to break.
I even have a new in bag original body for it. So, probably 1 day it will get its turn. But for now I'm happy with the other cars I've built and am running.
There's just no point showing up at races with 5 cars in the boot when you're only competing in 1 category
I forgot all about the upper deck. I emailed Stephen at Fibrelyte and waiting to hear back if they have done Triumph parts
I can tell you they have the Ultima Pro XL parts on file because they copied everything for me and also made me a taller front tower to work with Medium length shocks rather than short ones. All these carbon parts will be coupled to the UMW-1 Carbon chassis I managed to find NIP, I just need to get some bits anodised in gunmetal and that project can begin but I want to collect bits for a Triumph to be able to build it down the track
Turbo Optima Mid SE
Turbo Optima Mid SP
Lazer ZX
Lazer ZX-R
Lazer ZX-S
Old 23-04-2014

I'm using lose jrx-pro SE front shocktower with medium length gold shocks on my ultima. no need for extra holes and just a little shaving to fit it.
Looks nice too with the shocks leaning in a bit more to the center.