Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Old 31-12-2013

Apply to do a South west regional 1/10th even, it will be a good way to generate interest in the club from people further afield
Old 01-01-2014

Hi sorry caught up in the new year mayhem.

Ron - Good stuff. We are actually going to look at another possibly bigger hall that we've been wanting check out for a while and hopefully will be racing there this weekend.

Dan - Were not at the point that we could consider something like that as to this point we haven't even been operating as a propper club as the no.s just haven't justified it. As such we are not (yet) currently registered with the BRCA as a club although we have been talking about it for a while and now we all need to renew our licenses it wouldn't cost much over and above our individual fees.

I think we would ideally want to build it up a bit more slowly allowing us to get used to running more organised events with more people with mutliple heats and classes. At the moment everything is being run quite informally

We also have a lot of plans for this years astro track development that will bring it upto a more professional standard than it is currently. And for the indoor racing we are still looking for the ideal venue that is bigger and has good rostrum potential. But i feel that we are getting to the point that we sort of know whats going on and would really like to start having some more competative racing with more people.
Old 10-01-2014

cant beleive I just stumbled on post this by accident

I have been desperate to return to racing for some time, but having been told that tiverton had stopped racing, I now know different LOL, and my old club Mendip was slowly struggling, and not racing a class that interested me, yet again this has now changed

then I see that your racing in north devon

not only that but I live in Northam LOL

what sort of scale is Micro? 1/18th?

thats new to me, certainly smaller than my old 1/5th touring cars LOL
Old 10-01-2014

Hi Tony,

Good stuff. Just replied to your pm but thought I should reply here as well.

The Micro's that are popular now are Losi Mini 8, Carisma GTB and LC racing EMB 1 and they
Are all classed as 1/14th scale.

We have been Racing 1/8th aswell the last couple of years but have decided to make a move to 10th
As both the size of our astro track suites them better and there are more other clubs in the SW running them
(Tiverton and Mendip being the main 2).

As I Said in my pm I'm away on holiday from tomorrow until the 28th but the other guys may go out and I'll let
Them know to contact you :-)

Look forward to meeting you when I get back from my holiday.

Cheers

Tim
Old 20-01-2014

Just to say thanks to the guys for their time when i popped in saturday. Great fun and im still in shock at the pace of them.

Highlight for me was my daughter announcing that " she doesnt want one... she needs one" lol

A guy in barnstaple has just bought a mini 8ight. Told him about you guys.

Soon as i finished buying 1/10th off road bits i will buy a micro too
RC10B74 Maclan powered

#rcoctane
#teamrcoctane
Old 24-02-2014

Default Update time

Hi all,

Anyway I've been back a few weeks now and plans have been getting made for a good years racing. We even got our first couple of racers from outside our direct friend group. Infact one of the halls we've been usings Chairman and son (about 60 and 30 years respectively).

I think we have decided upon the best indoor venue locally. We tried it briefly a while ago but didn't really make use of the space. This time we really could see the potential for it to grow into a proper club. The main part of the track we made here is about 21mx8.5m but the total track area including the little side area of around 190sqm but we think it could be made to be over 200sqm which is minimum national level track size (not that were thinking of nationals, just a good size track).
Track width was at least 2m and i think the selection of features and corners worked really well for clean yet intersting racing for all abilities.

We can even make a decent height rostrum easily and that makes such a difference from the stages and even chairs we've been used to at other halls.

This time we had the pit area next to the track, but next time we will use one of the many un-used rooms in the building. It has enough tables and chairs for around 300 people so pits shouldn't be an issue.

It even has excellent car cooling stands

Here is one of the smaller side rooms that could be used for pitting.

For the first time we even took a printer to prin the results

The venue location is:-
Langtree Parish Hall
Southlands Dr
Torrington, Devon EX38 8RH

Time from about 11am-6pm Most if not every Saturday.

Were thinking about running an open day of free racing at some point in the next 4-5 weeks to try and draw a some of the local (and hopefully not so local) racers out of the wood work to come and have a good day and give us some feedback on the track venue etc. this would be open to both micro racers and 10th off road. As we've all almost sorted our 10ths out as well now.

I'm going to try and get a club section on Oople (and ukmicrorc when its back up) and are going to really try and promote both micro and 10th racing locally both indoors and at the astro track, which incedentaly we have some big changes planned for this year.
But more on that soon......

Old 02-03-2014

Default Facebook Group

I have created a facebook group for our club.

here is a link BBRC

Custom parts cut on request contact for more info!

Secrets of Speed
Old 02-03-2014

Default Some photos from yesterdays racing.

Track Layout.

Airborne Mini 8ight

Custom parts cut on request contact for more info!

Secrets of Speed