Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 25-04-2016

Front (not) diff on its way as are a set of classic RC10 drive shafts that are meant to be a direct fit for the front ,I'm still waiting on the front suspension arms and the servo saver and steering linkages ,I have a servo ,I have a bid in on a cheap transmitter and reciever second hand ,the rx will go in the Dogfighter and the transmitter will mean my 9 year old daughter can drive one of my other cars at the same time double win .
Old 27-04-2016

Servo saver and steering linkages arrived today ,one track rod end has split down the thread slightly ,it still holds but I'll probably get some more modern ones if it causes a problem , otherwise its not too bad condition.I just need the front suspension arms to tie it all together and look nice at the front .

Last edited by Dadio; 27-04-2016 at 05:38 PM.
Old 27-04-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadio View Post
Front (not) diff on its way as are a set of classic RC10 drive shafts that are meant to be a direct fit for the front ,I'm still waiting on the front suspension arms and the servo saver and steering linkages ,I have a servo ,I have a bid in on a cheap transmitter and reciever second hand ,the rx will go in the Dogfighter and the transmitter will mean my 9 year old daughter can drive one of my other cars at the same time double win .
RC10 drive shafts are imperial sized and the 834 is all metric sized. I think you're mis-informed?
Old 27-04-2016

hopefully its close enough ,I know that some spanner sizes are virtually exactly the same in metric and imperial versions ,13mm and 1/2 inch ,11/16 and 19mm are very close ,some measurements between the two are only a wisker different .
Old 27-04-2016

Yup, but metal parts don't give a whisker. No pass is no pass. 5mm is what you need I think. I only habe later yokos which use 11 by 5 bearings.
Old 28-04-2016

I just try'd a Kyosho chain and it does not fit the sprocket at all ,does anybody know the pitch or width of the correct chain ? if I cant find the correct stuff i can get chain and sprockets from technobots shop but I'd like to try and get the right chainb first .
Old 28-04-2016
Awesome Admin

I should have a chain coming with the rest of my bits but they've been delayed
Old 28-04-2016

cool ,I don't suppose you'd have any dog bones for an 834b in you'r goody box as well ?
Old 28-04-2016
Awesome Admin

Not sure till it gets here

Old 28-04-2016

i see what you mean but there is a lovely chain there so I guess I'm walking arround with your money in my pocket .
Old 29-04-2016

After a lot of trawling I found where i read that RC10 dog bones would fit up front on the dogfighter ,it was on OLD ONES AND FIRST ONES forum ,what is said there is that the pin to pin length is exactly the same but the pins and balls might need modifying ,this makes sense with the metric/imperial issue ,so that got me thinking ,should i modify the shafts that are common and easy to find or modify the cups to fit the shafts ? or i guess go the long way round and make up new axles and out drives on my lath to fit the drive shafts and keep the original parts as spares ,not too sure my lath tools would be up to hardened steel though so they would be mild steel and even if I case hardened them they would still wear badly ...............

Last edited by Dadio; 29-04-2016 at 04:02 PM.
Old 29-04-2016

Default pinon

the dog fighter

used 32 pitch gears
Old 29-04-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboliver View Post
the dog fighter

used 32 pitch gears
Thanks Roboliver
Old 29-04-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadio View Post
After a lot of trawling I found where i read that RC10 dog bones would fit up front on the dogfighter ,it was on OLD ONES AND FIRST ONES forum ,what is said there is that the pin to pin length is exactly the same but the pins and balls might need modifying ,this makes sense with the metric/imperial issue ,so that got me thinking ,should i modify the shafts that are common and easy to find or modify the cups to fit the shafts ? or i guess go the long way round and make up new axles and out drives on my lath to fit the drive shafts and keep the original parts as spares ,not too sure my lath tools would be up to hardened steel though so they would be mild steel and even if I case hardened them they would still wear badly ...............
Check you inbox. I have you covered
Old 30-04-2016

All you need to do is cut some fresh dogbones to your desired length and replace the ones on this using that setscrew
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20160430_10_00_43_Pro.jpg (482.4 KB, 20 views)
Old 30-04-2016
Awesome Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. ed View Post
All you need to do is cut some fresh dogbones to your desired length and replace the ones on this using that setscrew
What length are the 834's I've got some YR4 ones if there any use
Old 30-04-2016

Yr4 is probably too short. I have ultima ones which will be plenty long to cut to size. But if the ball end and pins fit, he can use the rc10 bones with what i posted.
Old 30-04-2016

I have the rear stub axles and hubs comeing ,once they get here I'll try to work out whats best in the way of drive shafts (dog bones ) ,I think that if I can find the right size balled and pinned dog bones then I can extend or shorten them if need be .
Old 02-05-2016

I thought i had some wheels off ebay but the auction ended at 4am ,somebody sniped them for 50p more than my high bid oh well I ordered a slightly tatty set for more money ,hopefully if i spin them up on the lath and use some fine wnt-n-dry on them they will clean up ok and they are genuine yellow 834b wheels ,the others i was bidding on were aftermarket white ones that someone had dyed purple so I'd have had to paint them anyway so i saved the price of a tin of yellow paint.
Old 02-05-2016

Its getting exciting now,so many bits on the way ,I'm getting to the point where I only need a chain and esc, oh and paint ,the Old Dog is coming !