Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 03-05-2016

Do you know the outer diameter and with of the original wheels?
Old 03-05-2016

The original wheels were 1.75 or 1.7 inch diameter but were very deeply dished compared to later yokomo's or modern wheels .From what I gather the best mach for tyres are the Pro-Line Champion tyres for the re re RC10 as they were originally a virtual copy of the Yokomo tyres ,possibly Hot Lap tyres ,I could be wrong though .
Old 04-05-2016

I had a set of them in my hands a couple yeats ago and remember them being quite small and having negative offset. In fact I was looking at getting to use them on a 1/12 pan car from SG.
Last week I was fiddling with trailing suspension designs and re-discovered i need either wide axle hubs or wheels with such offset.
Looking at what I got in the stash, I think I can get old corally wheels to work. But I don't like the idea of having to stick with 1.7 tires, and I think the corally ones are closer to 1.5" anyway. They do come in a larger diameter too, for the 1/10 pan cars...
Old 04-05-2016

Front Shock and dog bones arrived courtesy of Naushad ,thanks again .for anybody following the RC10 dog bone compatibility question I can now give more details as the AE shafts arrived today as well ,the length is identicle ,the ball is 0.1mm larger but fits without friction in the cups I have ,the pin's are 0.3mm larger diameter and would take very little Dremmeling to push into service ,the pins on the AE shaft are aligned and on the Yokomo shaft the pin's are at 90 degrees ,so in future if anybody is unable to locate Yokomo front dog bones then there's an answer in the AE RC10 classic ones if you are prepared to fettle them a little .
Old 05-05-2016

I think I've secured the last critical bits so long as everything arrives I'm only short of a motor and speed controller and I'm going modern for them ,I'm thinking of a 17.5t motor and esc combo from the Trackstart range ,I currently have a 13.5t in it but I don't want to trash the gears .
I'm a little worried about my front suspension arms as they have been a long time in the post ,I just had to open a dispute because the seller ignored my first email last week and he's only in the US so its not that far or any language barrier ,I ordered several other parts from him after the suspension arms and the other parts are here already ........
Anyway when I've finished the build I think I should write list of credits for all the people that have helped with parts or information .

Last edited by Dadio; 05-05-2016 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-05-2016
Mad Member

Looking forward to seeing it

Be interesting to know the difference in price compared to a ready built one
Old 05-05-2016

It might be interesting but I'm not publishing how much it costs ,its a case of "She who must be obayed " and also "she who must also be lied to " must not find out
The front (not) diff arrived today as well ,some wear to the out drives but still very servicable.

Last edited by Dadio; 05-05-2016 at 11:41 PM.
Old 07-05-2016

The battery tray arrived from Shapeways today ,these are the latest pictures .

Old 07-05-2016

Chain and what look like brand new rear shafts arrived today
Old 08-05-2016

Made up a sprung chain tensioner ,I can't take credit for the design ,I just copied it from a picture I surfed up .

Old 09-05-2016

Two pairs of Pro-Line Champion RC10 tyres arrived today.
Old 10-05-2016
Mad Member

Looking great...its commendable you've been able to build this using some fabrication too! Hope it runs good!
Old 10-05-2016

I think my front suspension arms have fallen through ,long story but the eBay seller has my money but can't remember the purchase despite the message log showing the deal details ,I've opened a dispute and I can't lose ,its just a royal pain in the ar#* .
Old 10-05-2016

Most times this means you see your money back, but don't get the product. Maybe it's time to make your own?
Old 11-05-2016

That's probably the way it will go ,its a big shame as he's the only one selling a set of front arms on eBay ,other than him there's only the aluminum top arms not bottom arms .
Old 11-05-2016
Super Moderator

I've PM'ed you about some arms
Old 12-05-2016

Rear axles arrived today so I can Finnish the rear trailing arms over the weekend and at least the rear suspension would be complete .
Old 13-05-2016

The wheels arrived today and after cleaning up they look much better than expected ,the Pro-line Champion RC10 tyres fit perfectly and look the business.
I also ordered the CNC aluminium front suspension top wishbones so now I'm only lacking the front lower wishbones ,if I really cannot find any then I'll have to fabricate them ,not a big deal but means quite a bit of accuracy compared to making the rear trailing arms ,I'm still hoping I can find them.
Old 14-05-2016

I made up the rear bearing hubs top fit it the rear trailing arms today , all went smoothly and to plan and I now have working rear suspension , it just needs travel limiter's and an anti roll bar at the back and that ends finished ,the suspension limiters are really simple in the original form ,they are just a pair of cable ties from the rear guide (the aluminium plate at the back) to the holes at the end of the trailing arms ,I'm planning on making some out of cable , I have access to a kit for making temporary accelerator and clutch cables for real cars as part of my job so they should look better and last longer than cable ties .
In the pictures you can see the wheels and tire's as well .

Old 14-05-2016

Just found and ordered the lower arms at Pargu store ,I've looked on there before and never noticed the lower arms , any way that's the last last key piece found ,its just a motor and speed controller left to get