Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Surrey & Hants RCCC

Old 28-10-2016

Default New losi 22 3.0 buggy combo choice

Hi guys

I have myself a 22 3.0 so should be joining to soon for some racing if I can keep it on the track!!

I'm looking at motor & speed controller options I was thinking of running this what do you think?

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/speed-pa...roducts/380265

Cheers

Damon
Old 28-10-2016
Mad Member

Default esc combo

I've had bad experiences with speed passion which led to me scrapping everything I owned speed passion at the end of our first season racing, went to orion and never looked back, recently experimented with muchmore which are also good and just bought a RC concept combo which we are yet to try.

My favorite tip to anyone is buy the best of what you can afford once, if you buy cheap you WILL buy twice.
Old 28-10-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy G View Post
I've had bad experiences with speed passion which led to me scrapping everything I owned speed passion at the end of our first season racing, went to orion and never looked back, recently experimented with muchmore which are also good and just bought a RC concept combo which we are yet to try.

My favorite tip to anyone is buy the best of what you can afford once, if you buy cheap you WILL buy twice.
I am a firm believer of buy cheap buy twice myself, I would rather know the stuff will last! I did have a speed passion motor in my 22 2.0 build that I never got to race, I do like the look of the Orion stuff what are you running?
Old 02-11-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by daymo View Post
I am a firm believer of buy cheap buy twice myself, I would rather know the stuff will last! I did have a speed passion motor in my 22 2.0 build that I never got to race, I do like the look of the Orion stuff what are you running?
I've run Orion for a long time - the ESCs are pretty damn good but not the smoothest at times. I've had about 4 of the R10s and 10.1. The motor however I never got on with, I swapped that out within about 3 weeks of testing and racing with it and just lacked the oomph I wanted.

For about 12 months I've been on RC Concepts speedos and motors and I do like them. The speedo is very smooth in power delivery and the motors got more than enough get up and go. So much so I've sold all my Orion kit except for the lipos which I'm still a fan of.
Every Thursday evening from 6:30pm and alternate Sundays.

Check out http://shrccc.co.uk
Follow us on:

Facebook - Surrey and Hants Radio Control Car Club
Twitter - @surreyhantsrc
Old 02-11-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelk View Post
I've run Orion for a long time - the ESCs are pretty damn good but not the smoothest at times. I've had about 4 of the R10s and 10.1. The motor however I never got on with, I swapped that out within about 3 weeks of testing and racing with it and just lacked the oomph I wanted.

For about 12 months I've been on RC Concepts speedos and motors and I do like them. The speedo is very smooth in power delivery and the motors got more than enough get up and go. So much so I've sold all my Orion kit except for the lipos which I'm still a fan of.
Something like this ?

http://l-m-racing.co.uk/products/ind...product_id=804
Old 02-11-2016
Mad Member

Quote:

Hi Damo
Im running a mixture of electrics at the moment, Im runnning Viper esc in our wet cars simply because they are waterproof, the other cars are running either orion or muchmore, I will be putting an RC concept power plant in a car to see how it goes. The Muchmore is smoother than the orion but the orions have been bullet proof for us for 3 years now, iv not had any issues with any that I have and many of them were bought 2nd hand.
Old 25-11-2016
Mad Member

Default orion

used orion for years, awesome.
had a few of the others ans SP are ok but not great.
go with the many and get what you can afford once.
2013 & 2014 OOPLE INVERNATIONAL
BEER RACE RUNNER UP!

FEEDBACK LINK =
Old 25-11-2016

Quote:
Hi guys

I have myself a 22 3.0 so should be joining to soon for some racing if I can keep it on the track!!

I'm looking at motor & speed controller options I was thinking of running this what do you think?

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/speed-pa...roducts/380265

Cheers

Damon
Echo everyone else, buy cheap, buy twice.

I am running the LRP Flow in my TLR buggies with LRP X20 motors.
Hobbywing
Mark One Designs